[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ranakastrasz

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.4 [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Release]

Postby Ranakastrasz » Fri May 14, 2021 9:51 pm

This is a really, really impressive mod. I thing the biggest shock was that you appear to have altered things that seemed to have been hardcoded based on what other mods were unable to do. Hyperspace is a huge step forward for FTL modding.

Issues
A number of typos/mispelling. Ignoring the capital/capitol joke, Insullation should have 1 l, not 2, and I am pretty sure that is elsewhere.
Crew tooltips have inconsistant levels of detail, Humans take slightly less damage from the environment, but Orchids take explicitly 2x damage from fire. Also sometimes varients inherit that information, and sometimes you have to assume. Yes, this information is fully available if you have an empty beacon, but is still wrong.

Awesome stuff.
Giant Spiders are no Joke. I could not believe it when I got that event, and burst out laughing. I also warped away before I could get boarded by the 30 or so spiders I saw with access to a teleporter and heavy weapons.

The new races, new abilities, Racial varients, and upgrades. So much crew options.
Controllable drones, togglable drones. Gives so many options.
Augments AND upgrades. The flexability this gives is very nice. I've used a number of the upgrades like Breach Sealent, because it was actually practical.
unlimited (or at least 16) crew cap. I feel like throwing a boarding party now.
Conservation weapons and Premptive weapons letting you use up your empty slots is really useful.

The sheer quality of tooltips as well, showing you everything. Oddly, pinpoint beam weapons sometimes have 2 or 3 range instead of 1, and vary on speed. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Questions.
What is notoriety, exactly. I imagine it somehow is a variable that alters later events, and is self explanitory. Working similar to how if you kill a sector guard, they tend to result in a nasty fight later.

Hardcoded questions/requests
Not sure these are possible, but still requesting.

Always show all Beacon paths, instead of just when hovering.
Include Reset positions for Robots, so they return to the Drone bay.
When Waiting at a beacon, allow a Storage action.
Oneclick Pinpoint beam weapons.
Ilikemultiverse

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.3 + Hotfix & HS Patch [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Rele

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Sat May 15, 2021 11:17 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Not sure if this is what you mean by "disabling directX", but have you tried applying opengl? In case you haven't, the process is;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

Unfortunately, you've basically described every solution I know of for these case by case loading screen problems. Is this only happening on 4.10.3 for you? Where in the loading screen are you getting the error? Does it export any crashlogs? (crashlogs are located in the crashlog folder in your FTL install directory)

I tried doing that to fix my error, but now I just have the same glitch as the person you were replying to.
Mithras

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.4 [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Release]

Postby Mithras » Sun May 16, 2021 4:58 pm

I just wanted to say that this mod is a lot of fun and i had a great time playing it. When i downloaded it half a year ago i was sad that there were no custom unlocks for the ships. Now that there are and its perfect!
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Mon May 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Though I've admittedly just started playing this mod, I have to say that Spectral sectors feel a bit underdeveloped. Having had two back-to-back Spectral sectors, is it intended that I keep saving Rebel ships that then delay the fleet by two jumps over and over and over again? Kinda makes the rewards from the sector stack up really high as I can just keep hitting beacons.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Tue May 18, 2021 5:57 pm

hey when I try to play it it gets stuck on the loading screen, I can hear the title screen music but I all I see is the loading screen
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 pm

While playing the elite Orchid Cruiser, I got a pirate attacking Orchid civilian event in a Militia sector and the pirate spawned in with a weapons system but without any actual weapons. Is this intended?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu May 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Ignoring the obvious spam message that'll hopefully be deleted soon, time to answer the backlog of reports/questions here. Sorry for the delayed responses, I didn't realize there was suddenly so much activity on this forum page.

Ranakastrasz wrote:This is a really, really impressive mod. I thing the biggest shock was that you appear to have altered things that seemed to have been hardcoded based on what other mods were unable to do. Hyperspace is a huge step forward for FTL modding.

Thanks! Hyperspace is quite impressive, and without it I doubt Multiverse ever would have been able to make a name for itself in the community.

Ranakastrasz wrote:A number of typos/mispelling. Ignoring the capital/capitol joke, Insullation should have 1 l, not 2, and I am pretty sure that is elsewhere.

Yeah, this is a pretty well known fact of the mod, my spelling can be pretty horrible at times. Fortunately, the dev team now has a dedicated proofreader who's already fixed a ton of typos since he joined. The issue should start to clear up over time.

Ranakastrasz wrote:Oddly, pinpoint beam weapons sometimes have 2 or 3 range instead of 1, and vary on speed. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Not quite sure what you mean by this, afaik they all have a length of 1, though I don't really remember what I set the speed to.

Ranakastrasz wrote:What is notoriety, exactly. I imagine it somehow is a variable that alters later events, and is self explanitory. Working similar to how if you kill a sector guard, they tend to result in a nasty fight later.

In it current implementation notoriety is more of a framework than a fully functional system. Right now it only impacts sector guards and the last stand, though the thresholds are so high you probably won't ever experience it in a normal run. The second to last update for Multiverse will be the completion of the notoriety system, with integration for the new stores and even just standard events.

Ranakastrasz wrote:Always show all Beacon paths, instead of just when hovering.
Include Reset positions for Robots, so they return to the Drone bay.
When Waiting at a beacon, allow a Storage action.
Oneclick Pinpoint beam weapons.

The hard-coded aspects of this mod are actually all thanks to hyperspace, not Multiverse, we just use the API to create things. You'll probably want to direct these questions over to them, though I can tell you that at the very least the position buttons for drones is something they've considered.

Ilikemultiverse wrote:I tried doing that to fix my error, but now I just have the same glitch as the person you were replying to.

Hmm, unfortunately I don't really know what else there is to do at that point. Only thing I can really recommend is trying to use a VM or just reinstalling FTL + hyperspace until it works.

Mithras wrote:I just wanted to say that this mod is a lot of fun and i had a great time playing it. When i downloaded it half a year ago i was sad that there were no custom unlocks for the ships. Now that there are and its perfect!

Thanks! Glad you enjoy the mod!

Captain Trek wrote:]Having had two back-to-back Spectral sectors, is it intended that I keep saving Rebel ships that then delay the fleet by two jumps over and over and over again?

Not quite sure what you mean by this one. If you mean the Rebel fleet delay surrender, that can occur in any sector, though its moderately rare. Spectral sectors overall actually have more events unique to them than a lot of generic sectors, so I'm not sure if I can agree with them being underdeveloped.

Foreman wrote:hey when I try to play it it gets stuck on the loading screen, I can hear the title screen music but I all I see is the loading screen

This is a fairly common issue depending on your computer. Try applying -opengl to your game with the following steps;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

Hopefully that works!

Captain Trek wrote:While playing the elite Orchid Cruiser, I got a pirate attacking Orchid civilian event in a Militia sector and the pirate spawned in with a weapons system but without any actual weapons. Is this intended?

It is in fact not intended, though the cause is actually unknown. I'd reason a guess to say its possible hyperspace might have broken something about enemy spawns, or some funky stuff about the random generation is happening that I'm not aware of. There is another few enemies (mostly pirates) who do this, but peculiarly there's never anything in similar with them. It always seems to be the same hulls though, so I'll have to take a deeper look into it.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Sun May 23, 2021 5:34 am

Thanks, however I had trouble because the shortcut steam creates points to the steam program which doesn't work with the steam created shortcut, had to make my own shortcut from the FTL.exe
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Sun May 23, 2021 5:38 am

Is the Engi B from base game a Separatist? Also MV bosses are way to hard, I felt like he should have been at least 2 sectors ahead of me
Syrex77

Postby Syrex77 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Hello, very much enjoying the mod. Really a breath of fresh air for FTL!

i'd just like to report what i believe to be a bug with the latest update.

Near the end of my run I went down the new tree lizard questline and ended up with some boarders of that species but they must be bugged - they would be practically invincible as their healing was so high until they switch form and are killable for maybe 10 seconds. It was a huge effort involving detonating my Zoltans in the room as soon as their form switched to actually have enough DPS to kill them. I would advise people to avoid this questline until its fixed as in most situations it would be a game over.