[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Dovahkick

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Dovahkick » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:37 am

Boy, this mod is incredible! I discovered it thanks to a loud and noisy youtuber named Bob Lennon, and since I had not played FTL since a long while, seeing him play this mod had incited me to get back to this game.

There was a time when I had played FTL: CE, it added quite an amount of content...then there's Multiverse who OBLITERATED CE in term of content and quality. A f- ton of ships, plenty of new races, sub-races, elite and unique races even, weapons, drones, internal upgrades, more sectors along their events, the current lore that happens after the events of vanilla FTL, a completely MIND BLOWING secret sector (even though I died at the pre-last battle, I still had a literal heart beat from the sector), plenty of video game references, and the list goes on.

I think this is by far one of, if not THE best mod for FTL overall for how much it grants in content. If someone were to ask me what mod they should try on FTL, I would definitively recommend Multiverse, no exception.
Weazer

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Weazer » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:28 am

How to use ship with 6 guns? Impossible to shot from 5 and 6 + screen about drons remove weapons, anyway some place for weapon #5, but if click on weapon 5 - no chance to choice target :(
Sylvan's Transport "Stranger Danger" :(
wout

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.1 (Hotfix Feb 7th)

Postby wout » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 pm

Pretty sure I've upgraded Multiverse and Hyperspace correctly, but Version 5.1 (Hotfix Feb 7th) with Hyperspace 0.9 throws me this error:

Gymnoitan

Postby Gymnoitan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:52 am

I'm sorry I I'm being a stupid, greedy, self-obsessed jerk, but are there any mods that adds just the Orchids, their ships, and they're weapons with none of the other bloat that Multiverse adds?
I'm sorry to have bothered anyone who answers, but I've been unable to find a non-Multiverse mod that involves anything to do with the Orchids using the search engine that the forum provides.

Best regards,
Gym.
Janonas

Postby Janonas » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:21 am

Its sad to see the sniper get removed as a regular weapon, even if it was admittedly too good of a weapon.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:24 pm

wout wrote:Pretty sure I've upgraded Multiverse and Hyperspace correctly, but Version 5.1 (Hotfix Feb 7th) with Hyperspace 0.9 throws me this error:

Make sure you're using hyperspace 0.9.1 along with the 5.1 hotfix - Hyperspace itself also had to do a hotfix that fixed some important issues. If for some reason 0.9.1 isn't up on the forums please let me know so I can notify the hyperspace team.

Gymnoitan wrote:I'm sorry I I'm being a stupid, greedy, self-obsessed jerk, but are there any mods that adds just the Orchids, their ships, and they're weapons with none of the other bloat that Multiverse adds?
I'm sorry to have bothered anyone who answers, but I've been unable to find a non-Multiverse mod that involves anything to do with the Orchids using the search engine that the forum provides.

Best regards,
Gym.

Orchids are actually the only race in MV that do have an entire standalone - they were created by woona (a member of the MV dev team) as an experiment with custom crew and I believe were the first new race to have a mod released for them at all.
A couple issues though - this mod was made for a VERY old hyperspace version, that lacks a lot of content. Furthermore, the orchids in MV function a lot differently and have a lot more ships than in the standalone. The original orchids only refill oxygen, they don't have the crew buff feature. Vampweeds aren't included, and there's only 3(?) of their ships. There's far less events and only a couple kernel weapons. I'm afraid the only mod that has the entirety of the available orchid content is Multiverse, and they're worked pretty seamlessly into the mod so separating them at this point would be very strange and hard to do.
Here's the link to that if you still want it though; https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35236

Janonas wrote:Its sad to see the sniper get removed as a regular weapon, even if it was admittedly too good of a weapon.

You can still find the sniper (buffed a bit even) as a drop for the Clan B Renegade, renamed to the Nevermiss. The weapon was just conceptually a bit too strong as well as out of place in the standard weapon pool. We juggled balancing it for a while but eventually with the availability of accuracy buffs it just made more sense to make it special loot.
wout

Postby wout » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:38 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:If for some reason 0.9.1 isn't up on the forums please let me know so I can notify the hyperspace team.

I think this is the case. Both links on the forum from Google and Mediafire are:

BriteShadowWolf

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:49 am

I'm getting the "wrong version of hyperspace" warning as well and I got the latest version I could find, which seems like still 0.9 not 0.9.1, but at least even with the warning it all seems to still be working...for now...
BriteShadowWolf

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:45 am

Got 0.9.1 up and working. However I think 'Spectral Capital' might be bugged. I have visited it 3 times today and never found either the ship event nor dessius. The 3rd time I even delayed the fleet enough to check every jump. Is anyone else having this or do I need to reinstall everything due to a personal bug?
BriteShadowWolf

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:44 pm

I seem to have found another bug. The lab upgrade for leeches that gives them hp absorption in return for 60 health and 3/4 damage removes the 60 health and damage from Tony Sr but does not give him the absorption. Maybe some clash with his natural passive?