[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
iron84

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby iron84 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi, may I ask if the Ancient Questline scals dificulty depending on wich moment/sector you use Ancient Activator.
Im 99% sure that when I had "The Harmony Link" on sector 2 then the Lanius guarding the ruins had 2 shield and when HL on sector 3 they had 3 shields.
BriteShadowWolf

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Question: Are there plans to make some more crew upgrades in the onboard lab? Most notably leeches? Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug, something that hasn't been implemented yet, or something that was decided wasn't worth implementing but I've noticed that some of the special crew aren't in the list of "Talk to crew." Billy Hektar is the most recent example I can remember, but I know there have been several times where I had crew that I went to check scan their bios and see if there were any major differences between them and their standard counterparts but they weren't listed.

Mostly just curious if this is stuff that has plans to be added in a future (hopefully soon) patch...

Edit: was curious because I really like the leeches, but with lab upgrades some of the others races end up being a better pickup to replace them
BriteShadowWolf

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:09 am

To note I believe I just found a bug. I unlocked all of the non-elite page 9 ships, except mechanic c. Unless the unlock has changed from the temporary unlock of shell and science c? Otherwise it seems I'll have to put on hold unlocking all of page 9 for now as (and perhaps I'm an idiot and typed something wrong) it seems that not even the console command will unlock the mechanic c for me right now.

Also, I believe the note before unlocking the morph c said that I had to find ooj with the morph a or some such, however all I did was reach sector 8 and the morph c unlocked.

Edit: I managed to get the mechanic c unlocked by getting the angel a to sector 5...hope that helps.
iron84

Postby iron84 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Did someone had true ending on Extreme difficulty?

I lost twice, one to Ancient Dreadnaught then to the Royal Dreadnaught :(
Its so time consuming just to get there (with optimal chance - Ancient Activator on Last Stand) that I have enough the FTL and MV mod... :(

If someone beat the Ancient Questline on Extreme, share your story/builds.
Thx.
Scottj

Postby Scottj » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:54 am

I am getting a bug where after installing Hyperspace and Multiverse FTL's display window freezes right as it is about to finish loading (When the E in Multiverse is the only black letter left). The game's sound is working and I can hear it when I mouse over menu options, and they seem to be clickable, but the window for the game still just displays the end of the loading screen. I tried redownloading the mod and I did a complete reinstall of the game, but the same issue is persistent.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

I've already tried turning off steam cloud synching and deleting the user profiles.
ShowBoat

Postby ShowBoat » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:27 am

Scottj wrote:I am getting a bug where after installing Hyperspace and Multiverse FTL's display window freezes right as it is about to finish loading (When the E in Multiverse is the only black letter left). The game's sound is working and I can hear it when I mouse over menu options, and they seem to be clickable, but the window for the game still just displays the end of the loading screen. I tried redownloading the mod and I did a complete reinstall of the game, but the same issue is persistent.

I've already tried turning off steam cloud synching and deleting the user profiles.

I don't know if this helps, but whenever I load-up Multiverse, I get a similar issue with the loading not finishing. However, a warning notification shows up on my taskbar underneath the FTL application.Whenever I close that second window, Multiverse finishes loading and I can play normally. Alternatively, you could implement the following trick the Multiverse dev team advises:

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe (found in your FTLGame folder)
right click properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut
WhatAJoke

Postby WhatAJoke » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:59 am

What a fun mod, balanced, where picking the wrong answer in an event results literally in instant death.

So fun ! This is such a great idea that you should make it so it can happen in every event in the game !
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:24 am

Once again sorry for all the late replies, don't check the forums as often as I should. Also to clear up confusion, when I mention 5.0 in this message I'm referring to the current WIP update - 5.0 should be out in another week or two hopefully.

Deltakai wrote:Just unlocked the Sodium Cruiser and I was just wondering whether the Salt Man's ability is bugged or working as intended (Using the latest version 4.11). The description of their ability is "Drains 4 health per second from ALL nearby crew". From this I assumed that he would drain health as in also restore 4 health per second for each crew member affected by his ability. However, at the moment he only applies a 4 health DoT and doesn't heal at all. Considering that one of his passives is healing 50% less from other passive health sources like the Med-Bay I assumed that you were meant to drop him into a room with 2-3 enemies and use his ability to heal off enemies whilst dealing substantial damage to them.

If it is working as intended I think this ability is a little underpowered and there are very few uses for it since it also damages friendly crew.

Ironically, no one's mentioned the whole "drain" confusion until very recently. I didn't realize drain to some people meant lifesteal, it was always just meant to be standard DoT. Nevertheless Saltman has received a bit of a rework in 5.0, now reducing the heal speed of crew in the room rather than healing slowly himself, making him great for fighting in enemy medbays (alongside his normal ability).

iron84 wrote:Hi, may I ask if the Ancient Questline scals dificulty depending on wich moment/sector you use Ancient Activator.
Im 99% sure that when I had "The Harmony Link" on sector 2 then the Lanius guarding the ruins had 2 shield and when HL on sector 3 they had 3 shields.

ALL secret sectors inherit the scaling of whichever sector you visit them from. Thus, if you enter the wastelands in s5, both the wastelands and homeworlds will act like s5 for both enemy scaling and rewards. That being said, obelisk ships are extremely powerful and the bosses don't scale in any way other shields, meaning visiting them as late as possible is recommendable (you can even activate Aenwithe in s8).

BriteShadowWolf wrote:Question: Are there plans to make some more crew upgrades in the onboard lab? Most notably leeches? Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug, something that hasn't been implemented yet, or something that was decided wasn't worth implementing but I've noticed that some of the special crew aren't in the list of "Talk to crew." Billy Hektar is the most recent example I can remember, but I know there have been several times where I had crew that I went to check scan their bios and see if there were any major differences between them and their standard counterparts but they weren't listed.

Mostly just curious if this is stuff that has plans to be added in a future (hopefully soon) patch...

Edit: was curious because I really like the leeches, but with lab upgrades some of the others races end up being a better pickup to replace them

There won't be any more primaries for existing crew that already have 3, but 5.0 adds many more secondaries, along with leech labs. Leeches only lacked labs because the leech update was never entirely finished in 4.11, and the rest of the content was merged into 5.0.

BriteShadowWolf wrote:To note I believe I just found a bug. I unlocked all of the non-elite page 9 ships, except mechanic c. Unless the unlock has changed from the temporary unlock of shell and science c? Otherwise it seems I'll have to put on hold unlocking all of page 9 for now as (and perhaps I'm an idiot and typed something wrong) it seems that not even the console command will unlock the mechanic c for me right now.

Also, I believe the note before unlocking the morph c said that I had to find ooj with the morph a or some such, however all I did was reach sector 8 and the morph c unlocked.

Edit: I managed to get the mechanic c unlocked by getting the angel a to sector 5...hope that helps.

Assuming I understand the issue correctly, this sounds like an already known Hyperspace bug regarding "multi-unlock" unlocks. There's simply just a delay sometimes, usually just restarting the game will fix it.

iron84 wrote:Did someone had true ending on Extreme difficulty?

I lost twice, one to Ancient Dreadnaught then to the Royal Dreadnaught :(
Its so time consuming just to get there (with optimal chance - Ancient Activator on Last Stand) that I have enough the FTL and MV mod... :(

If someone beat the Ancient Questline on Extreme, share your story/builds.
Thx.

Quite a few people've beaten the True End on extreme, even on no pause. If you're ever looking for a more immediate response from a larger pool of people, I'd recommend the MV discord (linked on the download page), or even the standard r/FTLgame subreddit.

Scottj wrote:I am getting a bug where after installing Hyperspace and Multiverse FTL's display window freezes right as it is about to finish loading (When the E in Multiverse is the only black letter left). The game's sound is working and I can hear it when I mouse over menu options, and they seem to be clickable, but the window for the game still just displays the end of the loading screen. I tried redownloading the mod and I did a complete reinstall of the game, but the same issue is persistent.

Hopefully I'm not too late, but try -opengl for this if you haven't already. Here's the steps;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

WhatAJoke wrote:What a fun mod, balanced, where picking the wrong answer in an event results literally in instant death.

So fun ! This is such a great idea that you should make it so it can happen in every event in the game !

You aren't the first person to complain about this, and understandably so. It was meant to be a "punishment for not reading event", though this one is quite a bit more extreme than the usual. It's been changed for 5.0. Hopefully this didn't ruin your experience with the mod, its quite a bit of an outlier in extremity.
WhatAJoke

Postby WhatAJoke » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:21 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:You aren't the first person to complain about this, and understandably so. It was meant to be a "punishment for not reading event", though this one is quite a bit more extreme than the usual. It's been changed for 5.0. Hopefully this didn't ruin your experience with the mod, its quite a bit of an outlier in extremity.

Who got this wonderfull idea ?

I don't even remember what the event said, something along the lines of explaining why I fight for ? Just that I chose something along the lines of "Fight it".
I'm not the native English speaker, Fight it seemed a perfectly valid choice, because it's not a green robot that will tell me what to do when I have the rebel flagship to destroy.

Except no, I will have to do exactly what a green drone tells me to do because if I don't it's game over.
966socho

Postby 966socho » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Like many others, I've NOT played FTL for years after AE, but MV has brought me back to the game!

Just did a run with Captain Night's ship. The captain's ability is pretty broken. Take out 3 system bars instantly with 45 damage (no FF either!), then tank enemy crew while wrecking more systems really really quickly for 20 more seconds. His ability doesn't have any downsides! Seems overpowered. Not that it wasn't fun ripping through ships with him, though.

Any plan to rebalance him in 5.0?