[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dossa51ftl

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby dossa51ftl » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:43 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Seems you're only missing one step - there's three blue options you need to pass the event.

Code: Select all

Scroll for spoilers

This was modified recently (to make it easier), so assuming you're running 5.0 this is the part you're missing:
To confirm Thom is the killer you need to prove he's lying about not knowing how to use the drone control. To prove this, you need to also talk to Daniels about the drone control. You can confirm you've done this by going back to Thom and asking him about the drone control again, though its no longer necessary to actually pass the accusation.

Hopefully this helps

Just had this event again and added the extra step - it worked! Thanks so much :)
Ferlucio

Postby Ferlucio » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:50 am

I don't know if this was mentioned so far as I didn't go through the 40 pages looking for a solution, but hopefully the creator could consider adding this to the "fix" for the error that happens during the initial loading screen of the game crashing on the last letter E.

I tried every solution described in the troubleshooting, and even deleting background images didn't work. As a last attempt I decided to do something that didn't make sense to be done, but why not. First I need to say that I am using the GoG game Version 1.6.9 so the installation step involving running the downgrade from hyperspace mod didn't seem necessary, so I didn't do it. I just installed the 1.6.9 game, then used Slipstream to install the Multiverse mod, and the crash on loading happened every time with every possible solution. So I uninstalled everything then Installed the game again, and then I copied the downgrade from hyperspace into the game folder, ran it, it told me that the version couldn't be downgraded but I just continued , then I used Slipstream to install the Multiverse mod ( no backgrounds removed) and this time it worked.
Don't know why this happened, but it seems you either need the files in the Hyperspace downgrade to be in the game folder, or to run it at least once even thou it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe the installation instructions aren't clear enough because they say that the downgrade.bat is for Steam only but what they mean is you don't need to run the .bat but still need to copy the files in the game directory. This could be the case as while writing this I went back and forth with the installation guide and it is a bit confusing but it does seem to imply that you NEED to copy the files from the hyperspace downgrade no matter what and run downgrade.bat only on the steam version, but it doesn't say that clearly and it is easy to just think that the whole "Extract these files into where FTLGame.exe is" from Hyperspace is for the Steam version only, needed to do the downgrade, not a crucial step in the whole mod Install.

Hopefully this helps someone. Peace!
DesanN

Postby DesanN » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:45 pm

I'm super much enjoying your mod! Is it possible to donate to the Multiverse team?
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Just wanted to say your work here looks great, Multiverse Team! I found your mod through a post on the stellaris subreddit. It’s been years since I’ve played FTL so I was surprised when I saw my name in the credits! I’m happy I could contribute to this project in some small way, even if it was just a ship sprite. I will have to give this mod a try over Christmas when I have less work, looking forward to seeing everything you guys have done.
ImageImageImage
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Can I have level 4 teleporter and an external reconstructive teleporter?

another thing is there a difference between purple super shields and green super shields, or is it just cosmetic?
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
dossa51ftl

Postby dossa51ftl » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 pm

Foreman wrote:Can I have level 4 teleporter and an external reconstructive teleporter?

another thing is there a difference between purple super shields and green super shields, or is it just cosmetic?

I believe the purple shield is a Merchant Shield and has more points (eight?), while green is a regular Zoltan Shield, with five points.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:18 pm

DesanN wrote:I'm super much enjoying your mod! Is it possible to donate to the Multiverse team?

Sorry for the very late response, but glad you're enjoying the mod! Currently most of the team doesn't take any donations, though PDTM has a bandcamp where you can donate to him for the soundtrack I believe.

Jimli_ wrote:Just wanted to say your work here looks great, Multiverse Team! I found your mod through a post on the stellaris subreddit. It’s been years since I’ve played FTL so I was surprised when I saw my name in the credits! I’m happy I could contribute to this project in some small way, even if it was just a ship sprite. I will have to give this mod a try over Christmas when I have less work, looking forward to seeing everything you guys have done.

Thanks! You may not remember, but you were on the Project Coalition team once, which is the spiritual predecessor to MV as a lot of the base lore and dev members came from it.

Foreman wrote:Can I have level 4 teleporter and an external reconstructive teleporter?

External upgrades don't exclude you from internal upgrades that would otherwise be mutually exclusive. The color to the ZS usually correlates to the number of hitpoints - there's no pattern to this, its just that different types of energy shields have different amounts of hitpoints.
nukepower

Postby nukepower » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:50 am

This is just amazing work. Thanks to the MV and HS teams for this. What a great time to come back to FTL!
liunanke

Postby liunanke » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:31 am

希望有中文版本就好了 :mrgreen:
dossa51ftl

Postby dossa51ftl » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:21 am

Tintan and Rig doesn't interact properly with the crew upgrades via the lab. For example, as a symbiont he should benefit from both Zoltan and Rock upgrades, yet when I bought overclocking and obsidian skin, he still only provided one power and had 139hp.