[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Janonas

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Janonas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Shouldnt there be a rebel variant of the human soldier? I find it strange that "elite federation soldiers" and rebel soldiers share the same uniform. There is a variant of the medic and the regular humans, the engineer and MFK elites are rebel specific, so why is the soldier the only one to not recieve a rebel version?
Shadewing

Postby Shadewing » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:18 am

theproffessor wrote:Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!

HI, fairly sure the arm is increasing the scrap rewards. I was looking at some of the event data files and an event that should have given a set amount of scrap gave me a larger amount. I was on normal difficulty and challenge so the only modifier I can think of would be the scrap arm.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:41 am

alkiamian wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to report any issues/BUG's that don't involving using the discord to do so? Can I do so in this thread, or do you have a BUG tracker etc?

The discord is the only reliable way to get bug reports seen quickly. I do check the forums eventually, but usually only when I'm updating it for other things.

theproffessor wrote:Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!

The way scrap arm displays was changed by hyperspace. The scrap value you see in the box is the value after it's been adjusted, rather than before.

Janonas wrote:Shouldnt there be a rebel variant of the human soldier? I find it strange that "elite federation soldiers" and rebel soldiers share the same uniform. There is a variant of the medic and the regular humans, the engineer and MFK elites are rebel specific, so why is the soldier the only one to not recieve a rebel version?

Adding new crew types is kind of annoying, and in the case of soldiers the sprite would likely be only slightly different regardless. It's possible when the Legion/Rebel update comes around (planned to be 5.4) they'll get something, but its not super high priority.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 pm

I tried doing the same thing again, and the only difference is that the credits and quit options appeared.
GoodtimerJ

Postby GoodtimerJ » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 am

Made an account just to ask a question!

How close is Multiverse to your standards of completion/satisfaction? I like to wait for a developer to get thier work to what they envision, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for this overhaul. With the release of 5.0, would you say FTL: Multiverse represents your intended experience? What more do you wish to add?

I have a whole family who has done FTL for years, and I think they would all love this. We would all have different save files, so we could "cover more ground" and see who unlocks what!

Thanks for all your and your teams hard work! I look forward to diving into the Multiverse!
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:10 pm

GoodtimerJ wrote:How close is Multiverse to your standards of completion/satisfaction? I like to wait for a developer to get thier work to what they envision, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for this overhaul. With the release of 5.0, would you say FTL: Multiverse represents your intended experience? What more do you wish to add?

MV won't be entirely feature complete until 6.0 (which is the technical final update, though I intend to continue supporting the mod for as long as theres any sort of sizeable community around it with some addons and bug fix patches), but the mod is already relatively close to finished compared to its total lifespan so far. There's a lot more to add (and a balance patch coming soon) but 5.0 I'm overall very satisfied with. 6.0 won't be coming around for another year or so though, so unless you're VERY patient you might not want to wait that long lol.
Kuromaru

Postby Kuromaru » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:55 am

Hey Y'all, does anyone know what happened to Go Ballistic! It's in the compatible mods section, but the download link is bad. Says the file is in the owners trash.

I would love to add that, I used to use Go Ballistic! in the past.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:58 am

Kuromaru wrote:Hey Y'all, does anyone know what happened to Go Ballistic! It's in the compatible mods section, but the download link is bad. Says the file is in the owners trash.

I would love to add that, I used to use Go Ballistic! in the past.

Hello!

Sorry about that, it seems in between bouncing hotfixes on the Discord server and such we have accidentally deleted the version that is here on the forums. It will take awhile I assume for it to be updated here so I will simply post the latest hotfix version here!
Version 2.1 will release in a week or so soon along with a forum page of it which will hopefully resolve this issue permanently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0ztiV ... WPoCm/view

We hope you enjoy the mod, if you are on the FTL: Faster Than Light or FTL: Multiverse (Public Server) discord servers do throw any feedback my way!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dossa51ftl

Postby dossa51ftl » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 am

I have to ask about the Sherlock Haynes event, as I just failed it for the third time, losing one of my two boarding Suzerain in the process. I have successfully completed the event before and got Haynes on my crew, but ever since I have followed the same path and always seemed to solve the crime yet the lights go off, the culprit escapes and a member of my crew is killed.

This is what I do:

Investigate corpse
Investigate anti-personnel drone
Investigate sensors
Investigate life support
Question Thom regarding the three systems
Talk to Daniel about Thom
Ask Thom about drones
Accuse drone and then Thom

I don't usually like spoilers but I feel like, in this instance, either something has changed since I last succeeded with this or I have forgotten a vital step. Can anyone please put me out of my crew-losing agony!
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:46 am

Seems you're only missing one step - there's three blue options you need to pass the event.

Code: Select all

Scroll for spoilers

This was modified recently (to make it easier), so assuming you're running 5.0 this is the part you're missing:
To confirm Thom is the killer you need to prove he's lying about not knowing how to use the drone control. To prove this, you need to also talk to Daniels about the drone control. You can confirm you've done this by going back to Thom and asking him about the drone control again, though its no longer necessary to actually pass the accusation.

Hopefully this helps