[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
nukepower

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby nukepower » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:02 pm

another note, when your weapon/drone inv is full and you get a gift at a store beacon, you have to choose one to leave. in this new version this has changed to carry over - you cannot sell weapons to the store anymore, as when you hit sell it brings back the "choose an item to leave behind" dialog, which is fairly annoying. Hyperspace issue?
966socho

Postby 966socho » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:58 pm

nukepower wrote:another note, when your weapon/drone inv is full and you get a gift at a store beacon, you have to choose one to leave. in this new version this has changed to carry over - you cannot sell weapons to the store anymore, as when you hit sell it brings back the "choose an item to leave behind" dialog, which is fairly annoying. Hyperspace issue?

Isn't the "sell" box still there behind the "leave behind item" box? I've had this happen before, and I just dropped my item slightly above to sell it.
Raoul_Agauche

Postby Raoul_Agauche » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 pm

iron84 wrote:Yo, read the changelog :D, no delay without mine launchers or Decoy Buoys.

Oh damn, I feel bad now, didn't read the whole thing. Thank you for pointing it out, iron84 !

966socho wrote:
nukepower wrote:another note, when your weapon/drone inv is full and you get a gift at a store beacon, you have to choose one to leave. in this new version this has changed to carry over - you cannot sell weapons to the store anymore, as when you hit sell it brings back the "choose an item to leave behind" dialog, which is fairly annoying. Hyperspace issue?

Isn't the "sell" box still there behind the "leave behind item" box? I've had this happen before, and I just dropped my item slightly above to sell it.

Had the same, and this works.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 am

nukepower wrote:Woo hoo, its out! Thank you for all the hard work, MV team!! Is the mod now considered "done"? I remember reading a while ago that 5.0 was the "release"

Side note, not sure I'm a fan of the forced sector spawning - on my first run I got the Gatling quest near the exit. 2 parts spawned in the next sector but 1 spawned back behind the Rebel line (the base.) Just for giggles I went to see if I could get it and it seemed to work but having to jump through 3 rebel sectors and then back to the exit was obviously not going to end well. Is that how it's supposed to work?

5.0 is not the final release - there's still several more updates. 6.0 however is, though after that we'll still continue to support the mod with bug fixes and maybe occasional minor content additons. We also have plans for some large addons in the future too.
Important quests in 5.0 currently have "aggressive" spawning on. They'll try to spawn in the current sector if possible, but if there's no room left they'll go into the next. They should also be immune to being taken over by the fleet, but if they're spawning on top of already controlled beacons that'd be a hyperspace bug.

Raoul_Agauche wrote:Hi, I've looked through the OP, but couldn't find a way to report bugs other than here.

Recently discovered Multiverse (thank you Witherbottom !), so I started on the previous version. Found out 5.0 was released, so I updated. And since then, I can't use the fleet delay option with 12 missiles. It says you have to consider the harm you're doing, or something like that. And the only option is "Nevermind".
Tried on different runs (not purposely trying to replicate) and always the same answer. I do had other delays happened earlier in the run (spare rebels, booby trap, and so on), but this specific one seems to be broken.

Loving your awesome work, it caught me in FTL again, I'm now over 600h thanks to you !

It seems other users have already responded, but just to verify, indeed the ability to delay the fleet without minelaunchers was removed.
Also, the best place to report bugs would be our discord, as we have a dedicated channel for it that I check daily.

This is technically a vanilla bug, albeit one you can't actually encounter in vanilla. Hopefully hyperspace can patch it at some point. If you're really finnicky with where you "drop" the equipment you can actually still sell it, though its kind of awkward to do.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Hey, after updating I can't find the ancient cruiser, is it on another page or was it removed?
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
JoeForest

Postby JoeForest » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:20 pm

So, I started over with a new file, and am excited to see all the new ships and features! Having great fun already, and it looks great.

One small thing - I found the Engi Smuggler event, then took Turzil to the final sector... but no blue events showed up. Not when entering, or at the base, there was just no option? So I didn't unlock the Engi Cruiser. I might do it with the console, but just wondering if this is a deliberate change or not. I still got the Defender guard at the exit beacon from the Harmony sector, but didn't hand him over, because I'm not a monster.
nukepower

Postby nukepower » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Just a couple things I've noticed over a few runs:

1) Some events are not rewarding crew members when they should (on last run with Militia Cruiser, I had the one with the slaver selling dead slaves - crewkilled - supposed to get a human, did not, and then a shop event gave me a rock crew that also did not appear)

2) This might just be me, not sure, but it seems like scrap rewards are lighter going into late sectors. It feels really odd crewklling a ship in sector 6/7 and only getting 20 scrap out of it. Again, not sure anything's changed there, but it feels like it to me.
Nchi

Postby Nchi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:39 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

This is technically a vanilla bug, albeit one you can't actually encounter in vanilla. Hopefully hyperspace can patch it at some point. If you're really finnicky with where you "drop" the equipment you can actually still sell it, though its kind of awkward to do.

So we *should* be able to sell there? Just making sure the bug is the cover and not the ability to sell

oh and I don't have the full map dotted out, did I miss something to enable?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 am

Foreman wrote:Hey, after updating I can't find the ancient cruiser, is it on another page or was it removed?

It should be on the same page, and even on the same slot. It's on page 11 on the bottom left.

JoeForest wrote:One small thing - I found the Engi Smuggler event, then took Turzil to the final sector... but no blue events showed up. Not when entering, or at the base, there was just no option? So I didn't unlock the Engi Cruiser. I might do it with the console, but just wondering if this is a deliberate change or not. I still got the Defender guard at the exit beacon from the Harmony sector, but didn't hand him over, because I'm not a monster.

This event was changed in 5.0, the Engi unlock (and Turzil's identity reveal) now trigger after defeating the Harmony cruiser, rather than at the last stand. This is also technically only a placeholder unlock as there is another even larger rework planned for this quest in the future.

nukepower wrote:1) Some events are not rewarding crew members when they should (on last run with Militia Cruiser, I had the one with the slaver selling dead slaves - crewkilled - supposed to get a human, did not, and then a shop event gave me a rock crew that also did not appear

The first one is likely the "dead slaves" event, which often tricks people up since it resembles the normal slave event except established that the slaves are dead at the beginning. Not sure if this is what happened or not here, but often times people breeze over the text expecting it to be normal but don't notice not getting crew was intentional. As for the rock one, I'd need more details as to which event it was.

nukepower wrote:2) This might just be me, not sure, but it seems like scrap rewards are lighter going into late sectors. It feels really odd crewklling a ship in sector 6/7 and only getting 20 scrap out of it. Again, not sure anything's changed there, but it feels like it to me.

This was intentional - it was a known balance concern that on all difficulties people were typically ending MV runs with almost entirely maxed out ships and hundreds of left over scrap, so we toned down the scrap rewards in later sectors thanks to a new hyperspace feature.

Nchi wrote:So we *should* be able to sell there? Just making sure the bug is the cover and not the ability to sell

oh and I don't have the full map dotted out, did I miss something to enable?

The bug is the box being covered, yes. You should still be able to sell items if you're meticulous about where you drag them.
To toggle the beacon connection feature, press either alt on your keyboard or click on the magnifying glass button on the bottom right of the screen (this also toggles additional information about enemy crew when hovering over them).
966socho

Postby 966socho » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 am

I'm playing the Lanius Welder ship, in sector 1, at the distressed store. Page 3 of the store inventory is selling 3 items titled "Drones of the day [33% off]", with only the price label, no names or images. I bought the one priced 16 scrap just to see what it gave, and it's actually a recon drone (label price 25 scraps).

Seems like the only issue is not knowing what I'm buying. Is this a bug or a feature?

See attached image