[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ftlmultiverseisgud

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.9 [Threat From Across the Galaxy + Hotfix]

Postby ftlmultiverseisgud » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 pm

How does the operative cruiser work?

Also I'd like to give some small critique. When I was fighting the pleasure barge I got the notification that they surrender, and honestly believed that would lead to it being unlocked. So I clicked yes and was left with a situation in which I had to quit the run, because I gave up like half my crew to get the pleasure barge to that position.I'd suggest more clearly telepgraphing that accepting surrender = no unlock. NOT accepting the Lanius' surrender in a different unlock scenario causes you to similarly be locked off from the unlock, which was also not particularly telegraphed.
tinyrodent

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.9 [Threat From Across the Galaxy + Hotfix]

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:56 pm

I agree some of the quest choices should be more clearly indicated. They are so rare, it's frustrating to find one and then fail to complete it.
ftlmultiverseisgud

Postby ftlmultiverseisgud » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Is there a lore reason for why weavers do less damage than spiders? It's such a marginal change that I can't help but think it's there for lore rather than gameplay.
Is it 'cause weavers are basically specialized spiders, rather than better versions of 'em?
ftlmultiverseisgud

Postby ftlmultiverseisgud » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Idk if this was intentional or not but if your queen gets mind controlled in the spider ship then your run is basically over, nothing you can do about it.
mTaCrDiPo

Postby mTaCrDiPo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:25 pm

For the future, could you please put the Hyperspace.dll file in the downgrade patches for the other versions (example, Epic Games one) as well? Can be confusing for people, took me a while to realise that's what I was missing, since I did not think you had to get both the normal downgrade patch and the one for the Epic on top of it. Just so that people don't get confused, is all.
Either way, excellent work with the Overhaul, wish you luck from now on as well :)
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:49 pm

mTaCrDiPo wrote:For the future, could you please put the Hyperspace.dll file in the downgrade patches for the other versions (example, Epic Games one) as well? Can be confusing for people, took me a while to realise that's what I was missing, since I did not think you had to get both the normal downgrade patch and the one for the Epic on top of it. Just so that people don't get confused, is all.
Either way, excellent work with the Overhaul, wish you luck from now on as well :)

The "how to" for the downgrade is all written in the Hyperspace post. And what you download from that post contains a "readme.txt" file with the "how to" you were looking for.
Deathdealer5555

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.8 [Boo + Hotfix]

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:41 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Yes, it's intended for every ship to be unlocked in Multiverse (if you want, there is a way to skip this, just ask, it's pretty easy though I wouldn't recommend it). Multiverse uses separate save files from vanilla, so uninstalling the mod and then returning to it will keep progress, and your progress in MV wont affect vanilla.

Is there a way to just unlock the first page ((Minus Sylvan's ship of course)) or is skipping the unlocking an all or nothing deal?

Edit: Nevermind, i found it, the search function of the forum was refusing to work for me for some reason.
Arkdirfe

Postby Arkdirfe » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:36 pm

I've just recently started playing with the mod and have been loving it so far. I just have one question: In the hangar the ships have symbols in a bar above them, I can guess what some of them mean (like the stealth ship having a cloak symbol) but for others I have no idea. Is there a reference I can look at somewhere that tells me what exactly those symbols mean? I'd just like to know what exactly I'm working with.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:53 am

Sorry for the very late responses;

How does the operative cruiser work?

Not entirely sure what you mean. If you're referring to the Elite Militia cruiser, it's a pretty open ended ship meant to diversify into any sort of strategy you want. (more or less)

Also I'd like to give some small critique. When I was fighting the pleasure barge I got the notification that they surrender, and honestly believed that would lead to it being unlocked. So I clicked yes and was left with a situation in which I had to quit the run, because I gave up like half my crew to get the pleasure barge to that position.I'd suggest more clearly telepgraphing that accepting surrender = no unlock. NOT accepting the Lanius' surrender in a different unlock scenario causes you to similarly be locked off from the unlock, which was also not particularly telegraphed.

I agree some of the quest choices should be more clearly indicated. They are so rare, it's frustrating to find one and then fail to complete it.

I'd argue vanilla's unlocks are equally as untelegraphed and even more frusterating, but nevertheless it's certainly something I'm open to improving.

Is there a lore reason for why weavers do less damage than spiders? It's such a marginal change that I can't help but think it's there for lore rather than gameplay.
Is it 'cause weavers are basically specialized spiders, rather than better versions of 'em?

Not much lore wise, though even though it's a gameplay thing, I don't think it doesn't make sense lore wise. It's mostly for spider-based ships since the rest of the spider crew can't repair for the life of them. In 4.10, the spider queen is gaining the ability to render all spiders on your ship controllable, which should make spider ships more viable and thus weavers more practical.

Idk if this was intentional or not but if your queen gets mind controlled in the spider ship then your run is basically over, nothing you can do about it.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Mind control doesn't last very long, and you can just use the ability to move the spiders away by the queen temporarily.

For the future, could you please put the Hyperspace.dll file in the downgrade patches for the other versions (example, Epic Games one) as well? Can be confusing for people, took me a while to realise that's what I was missing, since I did not think you had to get both the normal downgrade patch and the one for the Epic on top of it. Just so that people don't get confused, is all.

You should probably direct this to the hyperspace team. Multiverse and Hyperspace are developed by different teams, and so I don't have any control over how the hyperspace downloads come. I can bring it up to swift so he can change it himself if you want.

Is there a way to just unlock the first page ((Minus Sylvan's ship of course)) or is skipping the unlocking an all or nothing deal?

Edit: Nevermind, i found it, the search function of the forum was refusing to work for me for some reason.

Sounds like you got it working, but nevertheless for anyone else wondering this, the console (press L while not in an event/menu) can be used to unlock individual ships or all ships. To unlock all ships, use SHIP ALL. To unlock an individual ship, use SHIP_CUSTOM followed by the ID of the ship. Unfortunately, there's no comprehensive list of ID's, so you'll have to do some digging yourself or ask around.

I've just recently started playing with the mod and have been loving it so far. I just have one question: In the hangar the ships have symbols in a bar above them, I can guess what some of them mean (like the stealth ship having a cloak symbol) but for others I have no idea. Is there a reference I can look at somewhere that tells me what exactly those symbols mean? I'd just like to know what exactly I'm working with.

Usually, they represent the augments or gimmicks the ship has. There's no guide on them (unless you count their file names if you look inside the mod itself, but they aren't necessarily there for specifics, but just to help remember what a ship is from a glance. In vanilla, with only 28 shapes, it can already be hard for some people to remember the gist, so in MV when there's more than a 150 ships, it would be really hard for most people to remember without some sort of visual aid.
Arkdirfe

Postby Arkdirfe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Usually, they represent the augments or gimmicks the ship has. There's no guide on them (unless you count their file names if you look inside the mod itself, but they aren't necessarily there for specifics, but just to help remember what a ship is from a glance. In vanilla, with only 28 shapes, it can already be hard for some people to remember the gist, so in MV when there's more than a 150 ships, it would be really hard for most people to remember without some sort of visual aid.

Augments, that's what it is. It all makes sense now, the weird door-looking symbol on the stealth ship is the titanium system casing and the yellow engine symbol is the advanced navigator. Thanks!