[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby porcu93 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:43 am

966socho wrote:I'm playing the Lanius Welder ship, in sector 1, at the distressed store. Page 3 of the store inventory is selling 3 items titled "Drones of the day [33% off]", with only the price label, no names or images. I bought the one priced 16 scrap just to see what it gave, and it's actually a recon drone (label price 25 scraps).

Seems like the only issue is not knowing what I'm buying. Is this a bug or a feature?

See attached image

That is actually a feature, as it's intended to be like a "mystery box" thing.
Apate

Postby Apate » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Registered to post a bug. Love the great work, it's truly an amazing experience.

So, I had a Healing Bomb (5sec cooldown, does 1 "shot" in your own ship, 3 in enemy ship, heal for 255), and at some point it went off in my Shields room without end, I couldn't point it anywhere else, and it was draining missiles obviously. Reequipping made it go on, no stopping it at all. So, I thought of unequipping and restarting the game and, upon reentry, the Healing Bomb was gone from my inventory. Just like that, it disappeared.

https://imgur.com/a/QqdZCin Was the result upon login, without it in the inventory either.

I think it started before the Gana-related quest, or perhaps right then and I didn't notice it in time.

Edit:

Right this jump after, I got Thieves. They left with my boarding crew, but if I would Jump it notifies me of leaving the crew behind. Note the Teleporter can be "used".

https://imgur.com/a/ISVkLWo

Ah, I have a story to tell, of where bugs turn friends into enemies:

https://imgur.com/a/1wAylUJ

PS: Brood Cruiser (Irwin) has many "seems" in the text
Megatwist

Postby Megatwist » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 am

Hello MultiverseTeam ! I love all the great work you put in this awesome mod, it made me fall in love again for FTL :lol:

I just recently registered to your forums because I have an idea that i wanted to share. In fact, i'm french and i would like to enjoy the mod in french, i don't ask you to make a traduction, but could you assist me while I do the trad ?
I really want to try to do it, and maybe i can gather some peoples to help me too.

I'm going to join the discord server if you have one, it will be easier to communicate !

Hope to hear some news soon ! :D
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:02 pm

Apate wrote:So, I had a Healing Bomb (5sec cooldown, does 1 "shot" in your own ship, 3 in enemy ship, heal for 255), and at some point it went off in my Shields room without end, I couldn't point it anywhere else, and it was draining missiles obviously. Reequipping made it go on, no stopping it at all. So, I thought of unequipping and restarting the game and, upon reentry, the Healing Bomb was gone from my inventory. Just like that, it disappeared.

This is a sort of known bug, though the cause is uncertain and its most likely a hyperspace issue. The disappearance is a "vanilla" bug with 0 power weapons, so unfortunately there isn't too much we can really do about either of those. I'd recommend bringing it to the hyperspace team's attention.

Right this jump after, I got Thieves. They left with my boarding crew, but if I would Jump it notifies me of leaving the crew behind. Note the Teleporter can be "used".

Instant-escape events not returning crew is being worked on, it seems recallBoarders wasn't working as intended.

Megatwist wrote:I just recently registered to your forums because I have an idea that i wanted to share. In fact, i'm french and i would like to enjoy the mod in french, i don't ask you to make a traduction, but could you assist me while I do the trad ?

You're actually in luck, because one of our dev team members (JerC) is also French and is working on a French translation right now! I'm not sure if he's looking for help or not, but you can probably reach out to him on discord about it.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 am

When I started FTL Multiverse with a new save file, only the tutorial, options, continue, and new game options appeared. When I clicked on options, all the text was blank. Then I selected new game, and the game froze a nd wouldn't let me close it down. I closed it with task manager, and then attempted to reopen it, but I had the same glitch. Also, my game is stuck on Japanese, even though I'd used hyperspace to downgrade the game beforehand.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:24 am

Sounds like you somehow corrupted your game files. Try reinstalling FTL entirely (you'll also have to reinstall hyperspace and MV as well).

How exactly did you reset your profile? I only recommend doing so with the in-game delete profile button unless its absolutely necessary you do it through the files.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:23 am

I deleted the FTL folders, then reinstalled steam, redownloaded hyperspace and multiverse, and tried again, but I still have the same glitch.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 am

Then I tested with just hyperspace, which seems to be working ok except for a broken tutorial. Then I tried to test out earlier multiverse versions, but I can't join the discord because I clicked on it, went back, and now it says the invite is expired.
alkiamian

Postby alkiamian » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:32 am

Hi Everyone.

I've just started playing multiverse (its fantastic BTW ^^), I did encounter an error of sorts, which has a place holder image stating "report me".

I was wondering if there is a way to report any issues/BUG's that don't involving using the discord to do so? Can I do so in this thread, or do you have a BUG tracker etc?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
theproffessor

Postby theproffessor » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!