[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:55 am

Nemo Jr. wrote:Is it just me, or is there no actual description of the mod in the original post? What it changes, what it adds, etc. Even a single-paragraph-long overview would do.

The post is very lacking, yes. It's planned to be redone for the release of 5.0, which will be very soon (saturday).

Does it change vanilla event/sector names under the hood? Would a mod that overwrites vanilla events, eventLists etc. or adds events to vanilla sectors be compatible with Multiverse?

Multiverse changes the internal IDs of all sectors, enemies, and many events. It was not designed with any compatibility in mind and thus any mods designed for vanilla will be incompatible unless a separate MV version is released.

How about vanilla event text names (text id), or the event structure itself? A mod that finds specific <event> or <choice> tags via Slipstream's advanced xml (to change the contents of the event/choice), using text id as a "findWithChildLike" handle; would that mod be compatible with Multiverse?

Depends specifically what you're searching for. MV is extremely extensive and has a number of mechanics hooked to events, so anything that would mess with things that might interfere with MV's storage/combat checks (which are present in almost every event) would be incompatible.

Hopefully that all helps - in terms of both content and internally MV is basically a new game, and because of hyperspace events are considerably more complex than they ever were in vanilla or other overhaul mods.
iron84

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby iron84 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi can you answer if the Drone Booster stack with [X]Drone Booster?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:11 pm

They do not, I'm afraid.
gerrykomalaysia22

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:55 am

lost all progress and collected ships from previous MV games. how do i unlock all the ships in the menu?
Buggy

Postby Buggy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:52 am

I have what I think is a issue/bug, about one of the more involved events. It's very spoilery for the event, so highlight it to read it.

SPOILER START
So on my first playthrough where i encountered the murder mystery, I went through everything, starting with the corpse, then the station, then the suspects, in that specific order. I thought about it carefully. Daniel seemed unlikely and had a alibi, Amy was too stereotypical and had no good motivation, but Thom was suspiciously innocent. And then I noticed the lie about Thom not knowing how to operate the drones, despite Daniel teaching him. So I decided it was him, and I went and accused him.

I pick the blue option to point out the drone did it, and then accused Thom... and he killed a crewmember and escaped.

So a few runs later I encounter it, and I decided "okay, that's really weird, but maybe the event just is way more straightforward, so it's the sterotypical suspect Amy, and that bit about the drone was a mistake by the author". So I go through again and accuse Amy... and the suspect escapes.

After some detective work about the detective work, it turns out that you have to discover the lie, and then you must call Thom out on it. You cannot accuse him immediately - you have to point out the lie to him before you can win the event.

While I admit that this is a good way to confirm that the player has discovered the specific reason for Thom's guilt beforehand, it's also fairly unintuitive; I looked at all the evidence and accused correctly and still lost. There's no indication that we need to point out the lie to him first, and that we won't do this while accusing him. I'm not sure how to solve this and keep the difficulty; a blue option at the end would give it away even if the player did not consciously realize the lie exists; maybe you have to correctly point out the murder method from a list of options or something?

SPOILER END

edit: Just noticed the mod updated within the last day-ish. To be clear, this is with the prior version just in case this was changed at all.
iron84

Postby iron84 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Its me again :D just installed the 5.0 and have Q about Scrap Gatherer, dos it work properly? Earlier if I remember the numbers worked differently: after battel ther was for example +20 scrap then it valueted to +22 for "scrap cash", now if i "win" 20 it just add 20, or the math is now diffrent and you dontt sea the flat number before Scrap Gatherer boost?

aa and thx for this mod, overall GREAT work, if this post is not for all my latest Q then sorry and correct me,cheers!
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:57 am

Scrap arm was changed by hyperspace, it now shows the adjusted value in the scrap box. Might end up adding a disclaimer in-game since a number of people have falsely reported this.
nukepower

Postby nukepower » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 am

Woo hoo, its out! Thank you for all the hard work, MV team!! Is the mod now considered "done"? I remember reading a while ago that 5.0 was the "release"

Side note, not sure I'm a fan of the forced sector spawning - on my first run I got the Gatling quest near the exit. 2 parts spawned in the next sector but 1 spawned back behind the Rebel line (the base.) Just for giggles I went to see if I could get it and it seemed to work but having to jump through 3 rebel sectors and then back to the exit was obviously not going to end well. Is that how it's supposed to work?
Raoul_Agauche

Postby Raoul_Agauche » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Hi, I've looked through the OP, but couldn't find a way to report bugs other than here.

Recently discovered Multiverse (thank you Witherbottom !), so I started on the previous version. Found out 5.0 was released, so I updated. And since then, I can't use the fleet delay option with 12 missiles. It says you have to consider the harm you're doing, or something like that. And the only option is "Nevermind".
Tried on different runs (not purposely trying to replicate) and always the same answer. I do had other delays happened earlier in the run (spare rebels, booby trap, and so on), but this specific one seems to be broken.

Loving your awesome work, it caught me in FTL again, I'm now over 600h thanks to you !
iron84

Postby iron84 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Raoul_Agauche wrote:Hi, I've looked through the OP, but couldn't find a way to report bugs other than here.

Recently discovered Multiverse (thank you Witherbottom !), so I started on the previous version. Found out 5.0 was released, so I updated. And since then, I can't use the fleet delay option with 12 missiles. It says you have to consider the harm you're doing, or something like that. And the only option is "Nevermind".
Tried on different runs (not purposely trying to replicate) and always the same answer. I do had other delays happened earlier in the run (spare rebels, booby trap, and so on), but this specific one seems to be broken.

Loving your awesome work, it caught me in FTL again, I'm now over 600h thanks to you !

Yo, read the changelog :D, no delay without mine launchers or Decoy Buoys.