[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:01 am

Assuming I'm reading your question correctly, SHIP SHIP_CUSTOM ID is not the correct syntax. The syntax is just SHIP_CUSTOM ID. For example, the unlock for the stealth cruiser type B would be SHIP_CUSTOM PLAYER_SHIP_CLOAK_2. Hopefully this helps! Do note, this command will not trigger an unlock "achievement" in the top right like the event normally would, it'll just silently add it to the hangar.
Mathman314

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby Mathman314 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:26 pm

I'm getting the "UH OH... Looks like you didn't install hyperspace properly. :(" message on the title screen. I'm unsure what the issue is. The only two mods I'm installing are Hyperspace and Multiverse, and they're up to date. Have I misplaced a file somewhere?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Make sure you've done all of the following;
-both dll files (hyperspace.dll and xinput.dll) are in FTL's installation folder (they do NOT go in slipstream)
-you've run the downgrader.bat successfully and now have two versions of your game, FTLGame.exe and FTLGame_orig.exe (this is not necessary if you own FTL on GOG, as you will need to manually use GOG's version select to downgrade your game to 1.6.9)
-you're patching ONLY Multiverse in slipstream - no other mods including hyperspace.ftl. Hyperspace.ftl is NOT hyperspace, it is only a bundle of assets that hyperspace needs, which are also included in MV. (You can technically patch both as long as you do it in the right order, but it is completely unnecessary and only adds extra risk of something not working).

If you're certain you've done all of these things, try patching only hyperspace.ftl instead of MV. If your game loads as hyperspace, then the issue is likely something to do with your computer. At that point, you'll want to try either downloading LAA (Large Address Aware), a 3rd party program that allows 32bit applications to access more RAM, or apply opengl to your game with the following steps;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click on the shortcut
select properties
at the end of the 'target' textbox, after the quotation mark
press space and type -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut instead of the Exe
Michael_Douglas

Postby Michael_Douglas » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi, longtime FTL player but new to multiverse, made an account to say this: blue choices at events now having negative outcomes is a bullshit mechanic. More RNG isn't always better. Blue choice used to be exciting, now you just treat them like any other

That being said, coming from CE and wow this mod is great so far, really impressive. Just a bit salty about that one thing
JerC

Postby JerC » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:38 am

Michael_Douglas wrote:Hi, longtime FTL player but new to multiverse, made an account to say this: blue choices at events now having negative outcomes is a bullshit mechanic. More RNG isn't always better. Blue choice used to be exciting, now you just treat them like any other

That being said, coming from CE and wow this mod is great so far, really impressive. Just a bit salty about that one thing

And what was said blue option? You can't just assume it'll be a beneficial outcome because it's blue. You can usually tell if it's going to be a good idea or not by having the attributes or lore in mind.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:03 pm

it said I needed to take the nicest rebel to his uncle to unlock jerry's cruiser, but I already did that, how to I fix that?
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:31 pm

it said I needed to take the nicest rebel to his uncle to unlock jerry's cruiser, but I already did that, how to I fix that?

The unlock isn't bugged, but a lot of people misunderstand the unlock. Bringing Jerry to the flagship doesn't give you his ship because his uncle isn't on the flagship. You need to find a way to actually bring him to Vance in person.
Please correct me if this wasn't the scenario you had in the case it is actually bugged.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:30 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

The unlock isn't bugged, but a lot of people misunderstand the unlock. Bringing Jerry to the flagship doesn't give you his ship because his uncle isn't on the flagship. You need to find a way to actually bring him to Vance in person.
Please correct me if this wasn't the scenario you had in the case it is actually bugged.

oh, okay, so do I need to get the true ending while having Jerry in my party? is that where Vance is?
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Yep. Make sure Jerry hasn't transformed yet or else the blue option won't be present (in the case you go there after fighting stage 1 of the flagship which IS possible albeit tricky).
Deltakai

Postby Deltakai » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:42 pm

Just unlocked the Sodium Cruiser and I was just wondering whether the Salt Man's ability is bugged or working as intended (Using the latest version 4.11). The description of their ability is "Drains 4 health per second from ALL nearby crew". From this I assumed that he would drain health as in also restore 4 health per second for each crew member affected by his ability. However, at the moment he only applies a 4 health DoT and doesn't heal at all. Considering that one of his passives is healing 50% less from other passive health sources like the Med-Bay I assumed that you were meant to drop him into a room with 2-3 enemies and use his ability to heal off enemies whilst dealing substantial damage to them.

If it is working as intended I think this ability is a little underpowered and there are very few uses for it since it also damages friendly crew.