[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, the Humble site does not offer downloads to the required install version of FTL, so you're kind of S.O.L. on that front. You're going to have to resort to acquiring the GOG or Steam version in order to get access to v1.6.9.
P0rtalGunn3r

Postby P0rtalGunn3r » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:31 am

I've not found any discussion on this, so maybe it's a user error. However, FTL seems to be functioning in pretty much every other aspect and I have done my tests with only Hyperspace installed and with unmodded FTL.

While I have Hyperspace installed, the Zoltan death animation is bugged. Instead of the normal "poof", disconnected Zoltan bits move in a glitched fashion.

Since I'm already here, thanks for this useful modding tool.

Edit: Found that adding "<hasCustomDeathAnimation>true</hasCustomDeathAnimation>" to the Energy race fixed the issue. You said that it didn't seem to need it, but it seems to be important.
NeuroticMei

Postby NeuroticMei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:07 pm

TheSwiftTiger wrote:
Sorry about that, the bug is fixed in the in-development version of Hyperspace, but not in the current forum release.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can open up the Hyperspace.ftl with WinRAR or a similar program, go into the data folder and open hyperspace.xml.
Find the <crew> tag, and before the </crew> closing tag, insert:

Code: Select all

<race name="repair" drone="REPAIR">
        <hasCustomDeathAnimation>true</hasCustomDeathAnimation>
    </race>

<race name="battle" drone="BATTLE">
        <canSabotage>true</canSabotage>
        <hasCustomDeathAnimation>true</hasCustomDeathAnimation>
    </race> 

Save the file and make sure WinRAR updates it, then repatch Hyperspace.ftl

This should fix the problem.

Thank you this seems to have fixed the drones needing oxygen issue though I can no longer directly control them. I'm guessing being able to control the drones as if they were crew mates was an unintentional side effect of this bug?
Flypaste

Postby Flypaste » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:58 pm

torbenbeta wrote:Well, after some trials and reading the very succinct and helpful stack-trace (as found in the crashlogs folder) I managed to solve the problem. The solution is far from pretty, is in my opinion haphazard and probably unreliable and still generates warnings but the game with hyperspace.ftl enabled loads (seed entering and showing functions, correct main screen displays) and multiverse without hyperspace.ftl enabled loads, saving and loading works, custom functions (separatist Engi's nano function) works too. What does not work are shops. They crash the game but not reliable. Reloading the game and assessing the shop again crashes at a different time or not at all.
EDIT: apparently the shop crash is connected to drones.

Solution:
Running the game via terminal and aborting via SIGTERM (ctl+c) generates a list of loaded modules in a log file. Inspecting that I sought out which version of d3dcompiler (cf. my last post where d3dcompiler threw the fatal error) is used. In my case it is d3dcompiler_47.dll. I ran several instances with different versions of d3dcompiler_??.dll (?? stands for 34 to 47) enabled via winecfg. That did not work but maybe explains why surprisingly in one logfile I once had d3dcompiler_46.dll loaded.

So, I downloaded d3dcompiler_46.dll (32 bit version) and d3dcompiler_47.dll (64 bit version) and put them in the FTLGame.exe folder where the hyperspace.dll and xinput1_4.dll files reside. Now the game runs as described above.

Open issue
I am far from sure, actually I have no inkling why this mix of 32bit and 64bit dll's is needed and if my wild screening of a working dll via winecfg has something to do with that? Furthermore, activating d3dcompiler_46 and _47 via winecfg. led to the same parser not found error described in the last post.
Having both as 64 bit versions did not work neither did both as 32 bit.
More reports from other users would be helpful.

Hey, I'm trying to get hyperspace to work as well. Your solution here worked for me, and what also worked is running FTL with the -opengl flag. But in both situations, I get no audio output whatsoever. I fixed it by installing all the sound library files from the arch wiki wine page. I'm putting this here so other linux users with the problem might find it and help them.

I have the shop crashing bug too, with both custom and vanilla stores(!!!). Did you manage to fix it?
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Update 0.8

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Changelog

Coming soon, along with documentation for all of the features (there are a lot!).

Download link is on the main post
Shadewing

Postby Shadewing » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi,

I have a DRM-free version of FTL 1.6.9 from the Humble Bundle from ages ago, found an old back-up, like argggghhhhhhhewq mentioned but the required version.
Can I just copy Hyperspace.dll & xinput1_4.dll into the game directory then install mods via Slipstream or is Hyperspace patched in during the downgrade process?
I'd like to use the DRM-free version if possible because it allows me to run it off a USB drive on any computer, like my work computer as an example.

Cheers.
laszlogasd

Postby laszlogasd » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Shadewing wrote:Hi,

I have a DRM-free version of FTL 1.6.9 from the Humble Bundle from ages ago, found an old back-up, like argggghhhhhhhewq mentioned but the required version.
Can I just copy Hyperspace.dll & xinput1_4.dll into the game directory then install mods via Slipstream or is Hyperspace patched in during the downgrade process?
I'd like to use the DRM-free version if possible because it allows me to run it off a USB drive on any computer, like my work computer as an example.

Cheers.

That should be fine. If there are still problems, try applying the patch anyway to see if it fixes itself.
Shadewing

Postby Shadewing » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:57 am

laszlogasd wrote:That should be fine. If there are still problems, try applying the patch anyway to see if it fixes itself.

Thanks, I did some poking and noticed that the ftl.dat from the back-up was larger than I thought it should be, turns out it had already been modded. I found the Slipstream folder from the same back-up and there was an unmodified .dat in it's backups folder.

I copied it out and confirmed the game now ran as vanilla, saved a back-up of that, then copied the Hyperspace files. It all works now, first some Hyperspace mods, and I've now got Multiverse running off a USB drive, which was that goal. :D
garflunkus

Postby garflunkus » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:58 am

theGECK wrote:Hello, I'm trying to run the downgrade.bat file and I'm getting the following output:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>copy FTLGame.exe FTLGame_orig.exe
The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>"C:\WINDOWS\system32/patch/flips.exe" -a "C:\WINDOWS\system32/patch/patch.bps" "C:\WINDOWS\system32/FTLGame.exe"
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I extracted the files into my game folder. I'm attaching an image to show it. I've tried running both with and without administrative rights. As a last ditch effort I tried just copying the "extract this" folder into the game directory to see if that would make it work, but it didn't.

I'm having this same exact issue, word for word, but the solution presented did not work for me, as I received the same error message as before. I don't know if anyone with knowledge of this kind of thing is still active here but I would really appreciate any help provided
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:47 pm

Update 0.9

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Fixed a vanilla crash when obtaining a boarding drone on a ship that cannot install drone control.
Fix for custom thruster positioning.
Changed default console key from L to \
Fixed FTL button being greyed out when it shouldn't have been while a hacking drone was attached to engines/piloting.
Fixed loadEventList crashes.
Fixed custom equipment requirements not working with loadEventList.
Fixed checkCargo not working with loadEventList. Now uses the parent event's setting, or global default if no parent.
Fix for enemy ships missing systems when you revisit them after jumping away.
Fixed super shield drone being limited to less than 5 super shields due to super shield augments.
Partial fix for stats not displaying properly on a custom victory.
Fix for enemy ships with multiple artilleries losing artilleries when you revisit them after jumping away.
Added repairAllSystems and killEnemyBoarders for events.
Aggressive quest spawner no longer spawns quests inside the actual fleet arc.
Fixed issues with health stat boosts + mind control.
Added recallBoarders.
Fixed modifyChoiceTextScrap not being checked (was treated as though it was set to true even when it was false).
Reworked custom ship definitions. The default custom ship definition should now apply to all ships, then ship-specific attributes are applied in addition.
Fixed triggered events being recreated when revisiting a beacon that created a triggered event.
Added <icon> to custom augments. Can refer to a ShipIcon and will automatically show the icon on enemy ships that have the augment.
RICH now gives more scrap and resources.
Updated reactor display to fix the crash that could occur in an ion storm with >30 power.
Reactor can be customized (maximum power and upgrade costs, can be customized per ship).
Secret sector jump now counts as a jump for triggered events.
Added maxSector for sectorDescription.
Added <sectorMap> to customize the sector map generation. Can generate sectors using different lists and probabilities, also customized by sector number.
<sectorMap> and custom sector stuff can go in sector_data.xml now.
Fixed 0 power cargo items disappearing when you saved/reloaded.
Fixed a vanilla duplication bug where the item in the over capacity slot could be duplicated on save/load if you made space for it.
Custom crystal vengeance for augments. Can use any weapon blueprint.
sysPowerScaling can work on bools and effects now. Values of 0 and 1 work as expected; YMMV for other values as it depends on the effect.
Added fix for friendly drones shooting crystal vengeance projectiles (default on).
Fixed charge flak behaviour.
Added simultaneousFire which causes all shots/charges of a weapon to fire simultaneously rather than sequentially.
Added fireTime which overrides the speed of the weapon's firing animation.
Sound/music events now happen when the event is loaded rather than when it is closed.
noJump now shows the red crossed out JUMP button similar to having no fuel. It also shows this immediately.
Fixed floating point math on choice box scrap calculation.
Temporary ability stat boosts now change correctly when an ability is replaced via stat boost.
Timed stat boosts have been reworked. They can also be applied by weapons, crew abilities, and crew death effects.
Timed stat boosts no longer clear on jump automatically. Use stack limits if you want to prevent stacking.
Weapon projectile hits can spawn crew now.
Some attempts to fix crashes related to the beam fix for beams bought at a store+fight beacon.
Spawned crew can now be given a finite lifetime.
Bomb drones work correctly now.
Fixed ion beams (must be enabled per weapon).
Drone evasion only rolls once per projectile per drone.
Added full support for flak drones.
Added boarding drone recovery augment.
Added global setting to make mind control resistance a separate stat from telepathy (default true in Hyperspace.ftl, make sure you patch to false when using current Hyperspace.ftl with legacy mods).
Drones no longer crash the game if you assign a blueprint list as their weapon blueprint.
Added controllable mind control. It is now tied to an augment, and the mind controlled crew appears in the crew list to more easily use/monitor their ability.
When the enemy is using the controllable mind control augment, it now prevents you from using crew abilities, while the enemy can use them instead. They use the same conditions as though it's their crewmember, so they shouldn't be particularly malicious with it.
Abilities used with controllable mind control act as though the user is the person who is currently controlling the crewmember.
New ability condition to prevent an ability from being used while mind controlled. In case an enemy using mind control and using your crew's ability is too unfair for a specific ability.
Controllable mind control also makes the crewmember act as being owned by the controller when determining the source of stat boosts. This does not affect how they are the target of stat boosts (or crew abilities, etc.).
Added angular radius property that can be used for flak drones. Flak drones using this will hit nearby rooms/targets more accurately than distant rooms/targets.
You can now rearrange your crew in the manifest with left click drag, or in the crew list with right click drag. Use mouse wheel to switch pages while dragging crew.
Fixed beacon tooltip to be consistent with things such as hiding the vanilla label. undiscoveredTooltip is now no longer needed or recommended for hiding information, as this information is hidden automatically now.
Custom thruster animations can be synchronized (default is randomized).
Added hotkey for 4th drone slot.
Weapon icons can now be scaled.
Added accuracy modifier for projectiles against drone evasion.
Loading a saved game where you bought the temporal system no longer crashes the game.
Fixed effect of temporal manipulator on lockdown doors.
Custom projectile properties now work with drone and power surge projectiles.
Added a custom ship generator (still work in progress).
AI can now use the temporal manipulator.
Forgetting the rarity on a blueprint no longer crashes the game.
Custom ship stuff can now go in the ship blueprint xml.
Fix for defense drone blind spot. Disabled by default; has some configuration settings.
Fix for FTL_JUMPER_GOOD consuming extra fuel when you go to a secret sector immediately after performing a long jump.
Defense drones can now target only asteroids, all solid objects (missiles + drones), or all objects (missiles + lasers + drones).
Custom ship layouts can now be set to require AE.
Added quest and victory achievements for custom ships. These are generated automatically but can be configured. Any ship with an unlock of type 4 will be given a quest achievement.
Can add ending-specific victory achievements, which will automatically be created for all ships. The normal flagship ending is also included here.
Can add arrows to the hangar to show unlock requirement chains (much like vanilla).
Can add multi-victory unlocks.
Rewrote the shield rendering code; player shields now scale automatically to the ellipse the way enemy shields do.
Fixed custom animSheet for boarding drones.
Timed stat boosts are cleared from crew who are cloned or drones who are redeployed.
Fixed medbay healing rate to match vanilla (affected level 2 and level 4+).
Fixed some inconsistencies in some of the triggered event triggers.
Added CanTeleport. Works for crew only (drones can still never teleport as it causes too many issues).
Added disableScrapAugments, to prevent an event's scrap from being modified by scrap recovery arm or repair arm. Also prevents the repair arm repair.
<miniBoss> no longer makes the player win if they die afterwards. Only <finalBoss> should do this.
Crew can no longer auto-use their abilities while dying.
Spawning crew when there is no more room to spawn crew no longer crashes the game.
Fixed custom thrusters not being cleared when switching ships.
Adjusted effect and stat boost animation alignment so that 35x35 sheets now align consistently with the base sheet.
Simultaneously spawning and killing crew no longer bugs the crew list.
Some tweaks to crewSpawn spawning.
Ship in hangar now renders behind UI elements.
Weapon tooltips now show accuracy modifier.
Fixed hacking not working if you bought it at the same beacon with a ship already present.
Added JUMPEVENT and LOADEVENT commands.
Fixed player ship positioning when using the boss box.
Fixed bugs related to a neutral ship becoming hostile again (delayed or the hostile to neutral to hostile).
Death effects can now spawn crew.
Added death transforms. Crew who take fatal damage can now transform instead of dying.
Can now set spawned crew to be an enemy of the crewmember spawning them.
Tried to fix some hangar crashes.
Event related stuff now does not ignore uniqueness anymore. Unique events will be consumed, though with things like loadEventList the non-selected events will be recycled to remain available. Beware as this means text lists can be consumed as well, and the loadEventList recycling does not support text list recycling.
Added ignoreUnique attribute for loadEvent, loadEventList, revisitEvent, etc., to restore the original behaviour. Useful if you want to preserve text lists.
Fixed equipment counting with checkCargo.
Fixed stun tooltip calculation when statboosts or abilities are in effect.
Crew tab is no longer forced open if you have too many crew if you are on the equipment or upgrades tab. This will give priority to showing over capacity for equipment/augments rather than crew.
Augments can now have multiple functions of the same type.
Added <removeStore/>
Quest markers are now erased when a beacon is overtaken by the fleet.
Time no longer advances on your ship by a frame when selecting an event choice.
Some changes to triggered event behaviour.
Added queueEvent.
Fixed vanilla bug where multiple status effects could not be applied to the enemy ship with a single event.
Added priorityEvent for sectorDescription.
Ability requirements no longer count dead crew. Dead crew also no longer function as the source of stat boosts.
Added custom variables and meta-variables that can be tracked and used for choice requirements. Regular variables are saved to the run, while meta-variables are saved to the profile.
Can override regular and advanced weapon descriptions separately, and can override tooltips as well.
Can now stat boost noSlot.
Added custom global achievements. Currently they can only be triggered by events or variables. There is also no way to view them currently, but they will pop up when you obtain them, and be tracked and saved to the profile.
Fixed triggered events counting a jump every frame while waiting. They can now be specified to track a jump either every cycle or only when the player actually jumps.
Stat boosts on healing stats now affect depowered drones.
Added an attribute to stat boosts that requires the target to be powered (if they're a drone).
Added deathEvent, which triggers upon the player's death (when the game over would pop up).
Chain weapons should display damage correctly now with the advanced info cooldown numbers.
Added VARIABLE and METAVARIABLE commands.
Fixed crew ranged damage shots dealing melee damage when shooter switches to melee and shots are still flying.

Download link is on the main post