[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
AdmiralBilly

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby AdmiralBilly » Wed May 26, 2021 4:03 am

Agrrox wrote:Hello, can you please add native support for Mac and Linux? Is it difficult to make it support latest FTL versions?

The issue with both of those is that it involves rewriting the mod from scratch; mac/linux are fundamentally different in how they work, and the newer FTL versions have differences in how we hook into them in the first place that'd also likely require rewriting, so while I'm not going to say never, a port is a *monstrous* task.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi, I recently installed the newest versions of ftl multiverse and hyperspace. I am pretty sure I have done everything correctly, because I've installed it before and there seem to be no issues. However, my game always gets stuck at the end of the first loading screen with the multiverse logo. Does anyone have any clue why this is?
thrawn

Postby thrawn » Mon May 31, 2021 2:06 am

Aaron wrote:Hi, I recently installed the newest versions of ftl multiverse and hyperspace. I am pretty sure I have done everything correctly, because I've installed it before and there seem to be no issues. However, my game always gets stuck at the end of the first loading screen with the multiverse logo. Does anyone have any clue why this is?

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

i pasted the above right from the multiverse discord. it worked for me.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:39 pm

thrawn wrote:
Aaron wrote:Hi, I recently installed the newest versions of ftl multiverse and hyperspace. I am pretty sure I have done everything correctly, because I've installed it before and there seem to be no issues. However, my game always gets stuck at the end of the first loading screen with the multiverse logo. Does anyone have any clue why this is?

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

i pasted the above right from the multiverse discord. it worked for me.

Thank you. It is working now. I am at peace.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:52 pm

I'd like to ask if it might be possible to increase the maximum energy a ship can have using Hyperspace. One of my favorite ship mods is The Potential, which gives 60 energy, but while this works it causes a crash in ion storm. To fix this, The Potential also removes all ion storm events making it difficult to use with some content mods. Is it possible for this to be fixed using Hyperspace? Or is doing so nonviable?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
torbenbeta

Postby torbenbeta » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm

Hello, I do not know if this kind of bug reports are helpful, but I will post one anyway:

Command run: wine ~/FTLGame.exe -opengl
Bugreport: Upon trying to sell a battle drone at a shop the game hangs up. Simply choosing the store sell page sometimes crashes the game, while sometimes it only crashes upon moving the mouse on the store page.

Error message: with -opengl flag:

Code: Select all

0033:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x230060 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 0033, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

with direct 3d the message is not always reproducible. Sometimes no message is shown sometimes an exception is thrown.

0009:err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc20c87
or

]buffer.c:197: unsafe_impl_from_ID3D11Buffer: assertion »iface->lpVtbl == &d3d11_buffer_vtbl« not fullfilled.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 am

torbenbeta wrote:Hello, I do not know if this kind of bug reports are helpful, but I will post one anyway:

Command run: wine ~/FTLGame.exe -opengl
Bugreport: Upon trying to sell a battle drone at a shop the game hangs up. Simply choosing the store sell page sometimes crashes the game, while sometimes it only crashes upon moving the mouse on the store page.

Error message: with -opengl flag:

0033:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x230060 "heap.c: HEAP.critSection" wait timed out in thread 0033, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

with direct 3d the message is not always reproducible. Sometimes no message is shown sometimes an exception is thrown.

0009:err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc20c87
or

]buffer.c:197: unsafe_impl_from_ID3D11Buffer: assertion »iface->lpVtbl == &d3d11_buffer_vtbl« not fullfilled.

Was this a custom store or a vanilla store? You can tell by the page number being (x/x) with arrows to traverse pages instead of two distinct page tabs.
NeuroticMei

Postby NeuroticMei » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:29 pm

Made an account to post this because I've not seen information on this particular issue anywhere.

Onboard drones such as the system repair drone and the boarding drone are dying without oxygen. I know this is related to Hyperspace and not another mod because I've disable everything but Hyperspace. I even reverted back to vanilla just to be sure. I was able to easily test this because the Engi ship variation B starts with onboard drones.

The fact that this hasn't been noticed at all kind of puzzles me and makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I doubt it's an error on my part because I was playing Multiverse and also CE with Arsenal ships just fine. Except for the part where onboard drones are suffocating without oxygen.

If it is Hyperspace's fault I hope this bug gets resolved soon because I love using the onboard drones in conjunction with oxygenless runs. If it's an issue only I am having any idea how I can fix it?
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:29 am

NeuroticMei wrote:Made an account to post this because I've not seen information on this particular issue anywhere.

Onboard drones such as the system repair drone and the boarding drone are dying without oxygen. I know this is related to Hyperspace and not another mod because I've disable everything but Hyperspace. I even reverted back to vanilla just to be sure. I was able to easily test this because the Engi ship variation B starts with onboard drones.

The fact that this hasn't been noticed at all kind of puzzles me and makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I doubt it's an error on my part because I was playing Multiverse and also CE with Arsenal ships just fine. Except for the part where onboard drones are suffocating without oxygen.

If it is Hyperspace's fault I hope this bug gets resolved soon because I love using the onboard drones in conjunction with oxygenless runs. If it's an issue only I am having any idea how I can fix it?

Sorry about that, the bug is fixed in the in-development version of Hyperspace, but not in the current forum release.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can open up the Hyperspace.ftl with WinRAR or a similar program, go into the data folder and open hyperspace.xml.
Find the <crew> tag, and before the </crew> closing tag, insert:

<race name="repair" drone="REPAIR">
        <hasCustomDeathAnimation>true</hasCustomDeathAnimation>
    </race>

<race name="battle" drone="BATTLE">
        <canSabotage>true</canSabotage>
        <hasCustomDeathAnimation>true</hasCustomDeathAnimation>
    </race> 

Save the file and make sure WinRAR updates it, then repatch Hyperspace.ftl

This should fix the problem.
argggghhhhhhhewq

Postby argggghhhhhhhewq » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:40 am

Hello,

I have a DRM free version of FTL that I bought from Humble Bundle a few years ago (I don't know if it is the same as the DRM free version from the subsetgames website).
It is version 1.6.12, but none of the downgrade patches work with it.

When I run the patch it says:

This patch is not intended for this ROM.

I have tried all four of the available patch downloads.

Is there any chance to get a patch for the DRM free version?

Thanks.