So I come back after a few months absence and discover that pretty much everything I wanted to see in Hyperspace is there now, + some things I didn't know I needed until I saw them (locked/hidden augments!!!).
Outstanding job, huge congrats to the team. Had some questions about the actual mod (which will hopefully be a pleasant change from "how do I downgrade?")
- Does the Hyperspace team have, like, a list of the default vanilla stats that could be made public? Seeing as pretty much all the vanilla crew can be remade using Hyperspace now, it would be handy (for making new "races" that appear in game to be just variants of existing ones...)
- Does "damageTakenMultiplier" affect only crew combat, or all forms of damage?
- I don't understand the "skills" tag. Is this how much of something a race needs to do to master it? These are, again, values that would be awesome to see the vanilla values for.
- Same for "hasCustomDeathAnimation"? Doesn't every race have a custom death animation?
- What does "win" (for a crew power) do? Does it just win the game?
- Are the various "effectAnim" values hardcoded, or are they references to another xml file?
- For custom augments - I can use any augments name in the "function name" tag, and it will mimic it?
- What's "preferHigher"?
Thanks for your time!