Scrapper Ship Design

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MagicBadger

Scrapper Ship Design

Postby MagicBadger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Good day any and all! Although I'm unsure as to the level of activity here any more I give to you The Scrapper ship mod!

After seeing all of the in-game ships, I thought it was so disappointing that all the lovely gibs only got screen time when someone died. So, to remedy this I have created The Scrapper, a ship made entirely up of the wrecks of others. I hope that you enjoy the redesign of the ship and how it plays!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wfl1fnbwjxnys2m/Scrapper.ftl/file

EDIT: I've changed the size of the Medbay and added a couple extra airlocks to be slightly easier to deal with boarders.
Last edited by MagicBadger on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingdomKrafters

Re: Scrapper Ship Design

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 pm

This is a really cool idea for a ship, and the hull is really good.

The only thing I feel is that there isn't really anything unique about the ship. I expected it to have a mixture of various tech from each of the ships that you took gibs from. Assuming you're relatively new to modding, I say this is pretty good for a first mod, and I certainly don't expect it to have some super cool unique weapon, but maybe you want to make it a little more special. Good job though!
MagicBadger

Re: Scrapper Ship Design

Postby MagicBadger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

KingdomKrafters wrote:This is a really cool idea for a ship, and the hull is really good.

The only thing I feel is that there isn't really anything unique about the ship. I expected it to have a mixture of various tech from each of the ships that you took gibs from. Assuming you're relatively new to modding, I say this is pretty good for a first mod, and I certainly don't expect it to have some super cool unique weapon, but maybe you want to make it a little more special. Good job though!

Hey! I appreciate the feedback :) This is the first mod I've ever made and so the most of my mind was on the appearance of the hull. I like the idea of making it a mix of technologies but most ships don't have a real specific tech with the exception of SLug ships having no sensors and Slug Repair Gel which I could try. The idea of the theme was that the thing was made at a scrap yard, thus the appearance and the weapons (one firing scrap and the other being cheap and crap). I'll continue messing with the design :)