Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DAOWAce

Re: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby DAOWAce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

I was going to report some spelling errors as they make the mod immersion breaking, then I saw this mod is apparently abandoned by the original author.

Reading the thread showed me someone who was apparently working on the mod alongside others who thought instant-death was a good idea. Then I saw he was pulled from the project.

For a newcomer into this; does this mod avoid instant deaths, and where is the latest 'version' to download, if there's even a newer revision?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

plus how would I know its even working
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

^ If you have a good sense of grammar, you'll see a lot of wonky text and potentially some spelling errors.

The first thing I saw from this mod had a grammar error (a asteroid), really turned me off and broke my immersion.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Event Idea

As you FTL to the beacon, your vision immediately blinded by a bright light white. After a few moment, you realize that it isn't just a white light, but blue...red....and.... A LOT of lights indicate a "Entertainment" Hub. One of your crew exclaims sayings of this specific hub being famous and begs you to check it out. He's not very specific on why its famous.

1. Check out the Hub and pay entrance fee. (-35 Scrap)
2. Leave, your on a mission. Theres not a moment to waste. (Leave)

1a. *Hic* Oh my *Hic* That was *Hic* some party. :lol: What was that girl's *Hic* name again? Samantha? *Hic* Mary? (Leave)

1b. As you move in to dock, your scanners indicate boarders! Your crewmate tricked you into a trap! (Lose a crew member, 2-4 enemy boarders)

1c. After a considerable good time in the hub, one of the servants there hears your travels and wishes to join you! (Gain a crew member)

1d. As you climb back onto your ship and count roll call, you realize a crew member is missing. You go back into the hub and find you crew member playing the slot machine. Turns out, he won big time! (+60 Scrap)

(Special Puzzle)
1e. Things were going great in the hub until you notice that a fight broke out. A lot of people are getting into it. What do you do?

131. Get out of there (Leave)

1e2. Have your Rockman stop the fight (Blue option)
Your Rockman, being the only Rockman here, quickly uses his bulk a presence to stop the fight. After things settle down, a man comes up to you and tosses you a bag of scrap. You try to ask him why, but he hurries off. You feel as though the fight was his fault in the first place. (+40 Scrap)

1e3. Have your Engi kill the lights (Blue Option)
Your Engi remotely blinks out the lights. You hear sounds of confusion as you run out of there. In the confusion, you lost a crew member! Its to dangerous to go back. (Lose a crew member)

1e4. Have your Zoltan establish peace (Blue Option)
Your Zoltan begins to give a great speech on Galactic law 2,3306,360 when he is interrupted by a punch in the face.
Suddenly, dozens of Zoltan officials materialize in front of the fight. They quickly sort it out and after some questioning, they release you and your crew. You check your watch and realize you were in there for too long! (+2 Rebel movement)

1e5. Have your slug mind control the strongest-looking fighter in the crowd. (Blue option)
Your slug mind controls a extremely burly looking Rockman and he immediately goes into battle. You use this to your advantage and make bets with those who are watching the fight. Turns out, the Rockman won, and you leave with pockets a little heavier. (+70)
SeanRaider87

Postby SeanRaider87 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:39 am

Just wondering if anyone can contrubute to this, because I have a bunch of ideas and no idea how to code.

EDIT: Evidently I didn't read the first post thoroughly enough, here's my first idea.

*Can be found in any type of sector.*

A freighter hails you. He explains that on a recent trade expedition, he was doing hasty repairs and forgot to properly attach one of his guns. He gives you the piece that stayed on and transmits the coordinates of the other half to your map. He tells you that it's yours if you find it and flies away.
(Adds a quest marker to your map in the same sector.)
(At quest beacon.) You find the weapon specified by the freighter pilot floating in space.

1. Attempt to bring it onboard.
2. (Blue) (Long-Ranged Scanners) Scan the area.
3. (Blue) (Slug Crew Member)
Ask your slug to scan the area.
4. (Blue) (Cloaking) Sneak towards the weapon and grab it. (New weapon.)
5. Fly away, you have a bad feeling about it.

1a. You manage to pull it inside and install it onto your ship. (New weapon.)
1b. Your hull shakes and sirens blare. An ambush! (Pirate fight.) After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

2a. You find nothing on the scanners and move in on the weapon. (New weapon.)
2b. You detect an enemy ship in the distance. They don't seem to have scanners.
2c. You detect nothing so you move in for the weapon. But a pirate ship uncloaks and moves towards you! (Pirate fight.)
After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

3a. Your slug reports nothing. You move in on the weapon. (New weapon.)
3b. Your slug detects a life form in the distance. He reports a blind spot directly behind him.
3c. Your slug detects nothing so you move in for the weapon. But a pirate ship uncloaks and moves towards you! (Pirate fight.) 
After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

2ba. Sneak up on him and plant timed explosives. (Missiles -4)
You back away and watch the fireworks. You scrap the debris from his ship, grab the weapon and prepare to jump. (New weapon and ship loot.)
2bb. Fire at the back of his ship.

3ba. Sneak up on him and plant timed explosives. (Missiles -4)
You back away and watch the fireworks. You scrap the debris from his ship, grab the weapon and prepare to jump. (New weapon and ship loot.)
3bb. Fire at the back of his ship.

2bba. His ship breaks apart. You scrap the debris and take the weapon. (New weapon and ship loot.)
2bbb. Either he has a responsive AI or incredible reflexes. He manages to dodge and block every shot and turns around to return fire. (Pirate fight.)

3bba. His ship breaks apart. You scrap the debris and take the weapon. (New weapon and ship loot.)
3bbb. Either he has a responsive AI or incredible reflexes. He manages to dodge and block every shot and turns around to return fire. (Pirate fight.)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Some either needs to update this or make another new events mod
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 am

For those looking for extra events, the next release of Infinite Space will feature new events that I put together. I think there's around 10 of them at the moment with the intention to add more in upcoming releases.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 pm

If you want some events, go to this link
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11223&p=36892#p36892
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:18 am

I just saw a bunch of grammar corrections were done by somebody at github.

Thank you, middletonk. Fixed the main problem I had with this mod.
HappyThug

Postby HappyThug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

Very nice, thank you very much!