26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Rifu

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge

Postby Rifu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am

Im trying to get the hard flagship version into normal mode with this mod. I got the mod working and set Flagship A as the only flagship mode so it is the same each time. When i got to the flagship, it has the flagship hard version with the doors connected but the systems location has changed. This was only phase 1, didn't check the other phases. Is it possible to have the same exact layout as flagship hard version as one of the ships or is it already in there but i dono which letter it is. Or does anyone knows another mod that puts hard version flagship into normal mode. Thanks.
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 am

Hey Rifu,

The "Hard" you refer to works differently in this mod. Flagship A has the same weapons and essential systems, but the layout is a tad different yes - what I *didn't* do was change the layout based on difficulty level. The way the layout of the ship functions on Normal is intended as a Normal difficulty level.

What you'll find if you go to Easy or to Hard is that the Weapons systems or Shield systems will have more power bars to them, making the ship weaker or tougher.

-G
Rifu

Postby Rifu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:46 am

Ok thanks someone else made one for me in reddit so all good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... ?context=1
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 am

Rifu wrote:Ok thanks someone else made one for me in reddit so all good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... ?context=1

OK good I'm glad you got what you wanted.

I have to admit a slight confusion though - seeing as you want the Hard Flagship in Normal mode - it seems to me that Flagship A *is* a harder flagship than normal mode as is modelled after the Hard version? I guess I'm not clear on what's being requested. :)
Gidoza

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated March 28, 2020

Postby Gidoza » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Just a note for those who are interested - I'm presently doing playthroughs on YouTube to show each of the 26 Flagships in particular. As I play through, I'm occasionally conducting edits to the ships and so you'll see new versions pop up every so often - keep track of the last date that you downloaded, because there could be a new one!

Enjoy!
e2e3kaka

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated March 28, 2020

Postby e2e3kaka » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:15 am

Fun mod thank you! Now I enjoy random flagship whether or not I can beat them at last. One bug I encountered: ship V has a dual missile launcher, the missile texture is not right. I don’t know its me or anyone, I also use FTl Xmas mod. And keep posting videos on YouTube. Although I saw no comments, but the various layouts is interesting. I decided not to use google account anymore so I can only thumb up for you here. :D
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:00 pm

e2e3kaka wrote:Fun mod thank you! Now I enjoy random flagship whether or not I can beat them at last. One bug I encountered: ship V has a dual missile launcher, the missile texture is not right. I don’t know its me or anyone, I also use FTl Xmas mod. And keep posting videos on YouTube. Although I saw no comments, but the various layouts is interesting. I decided not to use google account anymore so I can only thumb up for you here. :D

Thanks for the heads-up about the Flagship V. I'll take a look at it. I'm sure I'll understand when I see it because at the moment I'm not quite sure what missile texture means. :)
Gidoza

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 10, 2020

Postby Gidoza » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 pm

New version as of April 10th everyone - enjoy!

EDIT: There was a critical error in the April 10th version - it has now been fixed in the April 12th version. Thank you for your patience everyone.
e2e3kaka

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Postby e2e3kaka » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 am

Hi, in ship V I meant the image of missile
may be missing.
And I’ve been following this mod. What’s the change in the new version? A change list is best.
Gidoza

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Postby Gidoza » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 am

e2e3kaka wrote:Hi, in ship V I meant the image of missile
may be missing.
And I’ve been following this mod. What’s the change in the new version? A change list is best.

OK I know what to look for in Flagship V when I get there. What other mods were you using? It helps to know that - e.g. if I play Flagship V and it looks like nothing wrong with it, but you see something different, it may be because we're using different mods.

I suppose I could make a changelist, yes...I haven't really kept track of it that much because they were minor things like spelling mistakes or errors you just mentioned for the Flagship V Missiles. Example the Flagship I had a system that didn't have its power allocated properly and it made the ship too weak. If you really want to know that kind of stuff, then sure - I can keep track.