Help?

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Varis

Help?

Postby Varis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 am

So, I have no clue where this is supposed to go, but I found everything else here, so I may as well look here for this, too.

A few weeks ago, while looking for a new game to play, I stumbled across FTL, and (after being thoroughly irritated by the space shenanigans that love to screw me over), decided to try some mods. The most praised, it seems, is Captains Edition. Unfortunately, that requires SMM. And unfortunately, that doesn't seem to want to work for me. If I attempt to patch any of the .FTL files inside the "Mod" folder into the game, I get a "Patching Failed: Java.io.EOFException". This includes the two scrap boosters that SMM throws at you for free when you first install it.

I also get this lovely wall of errors when patching. Unfortunately, I don't speak coding, so I'll have to ask someone else to translate for me... And if you have any advice, thanks in advance!

Code: Select all

INFO  FTLModManager - Using FTL dats path from config: C:\Program Files (x86)\FTL\resources
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background hashing finished.
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background metadata caching finished.
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ManagerFrame - Patching...
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "data.dat"...
INFO  ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "resource.dat"...
ERROR ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
        at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.readLittleUInt(FTLDat.java:513)
        at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.readIndex(FTLDat.java:610)
        at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.<init>(FTLDat.java:490)
        at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.<init>(FTLDat.java:460)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:160)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)
Last edited by Varis on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dire_Venom

Re: Help?

Postby Dire_Venom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:43 am

Just a few questions, where did you install SMM and how did you install it:?
What order are you trying to install the mods:?
Thanks!
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Post this in the development mods for expert help and not working mods

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Varis

Postby Varis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Dire_Venom wrote:Just a few questions, where did you install SMM and how did you install it:?
What order are you trying to install the mods:?
Thanks!

I can't remember which site, but it was a link from here, somewhere. As for how, I just downloaded and unzipped it.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention, I made sure to place them all in the correct order, according to the CE forum page here. Which, unless I'm very much mistaken, is as follows.

Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.301.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.301.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.301.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.301b.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.301.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
Captured Battleship_FInal.ftl

EDIT 2: I'm an idiot. Forgot that I could just check my History...

Got it from here. http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17102. I got the Window's Version 1.6
Last edited by Varis on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Varis

Postby Varis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:Post this in the development mods for expert help and not working mods

Thanks, will do!

Also, any help on how to add multiple Quotes to the same reply? I can see the "Quote" option, but no way to directly insert the quote itself, unless I have another tab open and copy/paste.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:32 pm

as in splitting up a quote from the same reply, or quoting two different people?
Varis wrote:Also, any help on how to add multiple Quotes to the same reply?
Varis wrote:I can see the "Quote" option, but no way to directly insert the quote itself, unless I have another tab open and copy/paste.

you split it by adding another set of quote brackets in between, like so, from this

[quote="mr_easy_money"]Blah Blah Blah I said something...[/quote]

mr_easy_money wrote:Blah Blah Blah I said something...

to this

[quote="mr_easy_money"]Blah Blah Blah[/quote][quote="mr_easy_money"]I said something...[/quote]

mr_easy_money wrote:Blah Blah Blah
mr_easy_money wrote:I said something...

quoting two different people, you scroll down below your reply and you can see all the posts on this page, and you can click the 'reply with quote' button, which will put in another set of quote brackets and the quote in your reply box:

did that answer your question? :?:
Varis

Postby Varis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:did that answer your question? :?:

Yes! Thank you! Saves me scratching my head for hours trying to figure it out! I'm somewhat new to Forums... Well, not really, but it's been a few years, and eventhen, it was for reading fanfic or roleplay, so Quoting wasn't really high priority. xD
Dire_Venom

Postby Dire_Venom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 am

Interesting how the scrap mods are listed first, I always have them near the bottom, but above ship mods. Idk the proper order, but if it works your fine XD
I would try moving them behind all the overhaul mods but above any random flagship/ship ones.

You can have some pretty bad mod compatibility and still get things to work, so that shouldnt be too much of an issue.

I would suggest only trying to patch in one mod to start with and see if that works (keep resource packs with their main though), and then gradually add in more mods till you find the problem. If you can't load any of the mods individually then either you'll need to re-install ftl (keep a copy of your save game folder though, Yourdocuments/mygames/FasterThanLight the two .sav files record your saved games + ship unlocks etc.)y
OR
Slipstream needs to be re-installed.
I have mine installed in the MyGames folder under my documents just to keep everything together, installing it on a usb stick or directly on the drive may cause some issues:??
Varis

Postby Varis » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:43 am

Dire_Venom wrote:I would suggest only trying to patch in one mod to start with and see if that works (keep resource packs with their main though)

I have tried patching just the one mod in. As I said above, even the Scrap mods end up with that Patching Error, and that's just patching them one at a time.
Dire_Venom

Postby Dire_Venom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:23 am

Varis wrote:
Dire_Venom wrote:I would suggest only trying to patch in one mod to start with and see if that works (keep resource packs with their main though)

I have tried patching just the one mod in. As I said above, even the Scrap mods end up with that Patching Error, and that's just patching them one at a time.

That narrows it down, have you tried re-installing Slipstream? The problem will be that it isnt linked to ftl or one of the two is corrupted.
Re-installing mine, I donwloaded from here (http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102) presumbably the same place as you.
I then moved the downloaded zip folder and extracted it under mydocuments/mygames (where the ftl folder is).

Then I ran the .exe file, then this pops up:
Then yes to updates.

Slipstream then opened, I selected both scarp mods then clicked 'patch'

Any major differences you've encountered compared to me:?