[SHIPS] Katabatic's Scrapyard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Katabatic

[SHIPS] Katabatic's Scrapyard

Postby Katabatic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:29 am

A small collection of ships that have been sitting around for too long.
Please let me know of any problems.

The Taipan is from the game 'Elite:Dangerous'
Download Here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3797897143

The Hauler is also from Elite
Download Here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5615168553

The Clione is a Slug capital ship
Download Here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1442511451

The Octopus is a Space Invader themed ship
Download Here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 6233210299

The Ditto is...umm...something?
Download Here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8643894981
Dire_Venom

Re: [SHIPS] Katabatic's Scrapyard

Postby Dire_Venom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:45 am

Those are some pretty cool designs, the mini flagship is especially well-done XD!
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:47 am

I've noticed none of your ships have that subtle pink glow around them that all the vanilla ships have. Making that slight change could make these ships ever so slightly more presentable. They could also all use proper images for the ship menu, assuming the Clione isn't the only one without. And it's a bit of a shame that you couldn't get the thrusters on the Clione to light up, but to be fair, the thrusters on the Fed Scout and Bomber don't light up either.

Apart from all that and maybe the edits to the Vindicator, I'm liking the Slug Fed Cruiser. I'm gonna try it out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Grey Skycaster

Postby Grey Skycaster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm

No you see, I loved the Taipan ship UNTIL my medbay got randomly damaged and that pretty much costed me the game as there was no means to repair it, not even could i replace it with a clone bay. So, yeah. This was probably intended but personally I feel like it is an unnecessary balance point.
I won't tell you how to make your ships but I'll admit that was a bit frustrating.

Also, the 3 damage laser says it doesn't pierce shields, but it does, like any 3 damage laser it pierces 2 layers of shields, I thought you'd want to know that.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Grey Skycaster wrote:No you see, I loved the Taipan ship UNTIL my medbay got randomly damaged and that pretty much costed me the game as there was no means to repair it, not even could i replace it with a clone bay.

I hate to argue with you, but I'm pretty sure that doors are connected to the medbay on the Taipan for repairs. If a hull breach hit it and your crew were low on health, then that could happen with any medbay. That's just how the game works.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Grey Skycaster

Postby Grey Skycaster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am

elijahdb wrote:
Grey Skycaster wrote:No you see, I loved the Taipan ship UNTIL my medbay got randomly damaged and that pretty much costed me the game as there was no means to repair it, not even could i replace it with a clone bay.

I hate to argue with you, but I'm pretty sure that doors are connected to the medbay on the Taipan for repairs. If a hull breach hit it and your crew were low on health, then that could happen with any medbay. That's just how the game works.

You are missing something that I wouldn't know hot it could escape someone who has played this game: The medbay system takes up 1 space inside the medbay room. That's why a 4 square medbay can only heal 3 people. In this case, the medbay can't hold anyone, which is partially balanced with the med bots, but they go offline if the medbay is offline so it means that if you get your medbay damaged in the early game due to an unlucky missile, you will have to play the rest of the run without one, and the ship doesn't support clonebay
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Grey Skycaster wrote:You are missing something that I wouldn't know hot it could escape someone who has played this game: The medbay system takes up 1 space inside the medbay room. That's why a 4 square medbay can only heal 3 people. In this case, the medbay can't hold anyone, which is partially balanced with the med bots, but they go offline if the medbay is offline so it means that if you get your medbay damaged in the early game due to an unlucky missile, you will have to play the rest of the run without one, and the ship doesn't support clonebay

Ohhh, I see now. I had assumed the person who made the mod had taken out that space so a person could fit in, but apparently he hadn't. I'm going to assume that he did that on purpose. If you want to fix that, I believe there's a way to do that in the FTL Ship Editor, Superluminal (anyone who knows more than me please correct me if I'm wrong on this).
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
fiestaman

Postby fiestaman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Please post an updated download link! The ones you've already put up don't work anymore.
Trumanhanson117

Postby Trumanhanson117 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:05 am

The files have expired