Zaffre's Mods. (News: Blazing Cruiser 1.6)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Zaffre

Zaffre's Mods. (News: Blazing Cruiser 1.6)

Postby Zaffre » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 am

News
I've finished development on Blazing Cruiser 1.6. Here's a little preview of what you will find...

Blazing Cruiser

Hi. After seeing so many mods I decided to try my hand at one. I came out with a cruiser that replaces Kestrel B. This cruiser uses fire weaponry. It starts with two extended fire beams, one laser weapon that starts fires, and a missile that starts fires. It starts with no shields or cloaking. To give the ship a chance, it has a unique drone upon start. The crew is composed of three Rock. The sprites are modified versions of the Kestrel B layout.

Here is a screenshot album for you to look at. Note that this is outdated and more up to date screenshots are found on the Xenoltih page below.

The Blazing Cruiser mod is installed on FTL using Grognak's Mod Manager. Click here to download Blazing Cruiser from Xenolith. Leave feedback and suggestions below.
Last edited by Zaffre on Wed May 22, 2013 4:06 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tuesday

Re: [Mod] Blazing Cruiser v1

Postby Tuesday » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:56 am

Nice mod!

At a glance, it looks like that set of starting weapons may be a bit overpowered. maybe without shields or cloak it could balance it out, but the firebomb seems perfectly useful in comparison to the leto.

The limited crew may also balance things out.
JonasIV

Postby JonasIV » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 pm

A full fire ship?....OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING A FIRE SHIP!!!....Ahem....Sorry for that, I just love fire stuff :P
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Not all that impressed with the new paint-job (wouldn't a red-colored Kestrel make more sense?) but I love the idea. YAY FIRE! :twisted:
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 am

Kieve wrote:Not all that impressed with the new paint-job (wouldn't a red-colored Kestrel make more sense?) but I love the idea. YAY FIRE! :twisted:

I tried to give the idea of a burnng fire, and I thought the impression of a fire would be nice, hence "Blazing Cruiser", but I'll make some modifications in the future.

And yes, yay fire. Once you get level two sensors (It'll start out with them in v1.1) you get to see the devastation. Easy way to unlock the fire in all tiles achievement too. X3
Zaffre

Re: [MOD] Blazing Cruiser

Postby Zaffre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Notice: I just updated this to v1.1. It now has a red coloring and two custom weapons which start, you guessed it, fires. You can download the new version at the Xenolith page.
cypherseven

Postby cypherseven » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 am

I made an account just to tell you. Fix the crew teleporter on your ship. You need to most likely just enable it. I bought one from the shop and the game crashed.

I was just about to get the mantis cruiser! :(
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

cypherseven wrote:I made an account just to tell you. Fix the crew teleporter on your ship. You need to most likely just enable it. I bought one from the shop and the game crashed.

I was just about to get the mantis cruiser! :(

Will do. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: It should be resolved. I discovered that the layout of the rooms was bugged because it used the layout of the Kestrel and not the Red-Tail. When the teleporter was supposed to be installed it requested to install it in a room that didn't exist, therefore crashing the game. It now uses the proper layout.
Nathan614

Postby Nathan614 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:26 am

It seems when you purchase shields or a cloaking device the texture for both doesn't appear.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 am

Any screens of the revised ship colors? ;) I'm still intrigued by this mod...