[SHIP] Comodore 64 Krestel Ships A,B,C

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ThePersonFromSteam

[SHIP] Comodore 64 Krestel Ships A,B,C

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Nostalgia Feel With a Nostalgia feel
Have fun With Nostalgia Ships And Hype For A FTL C64 Game
(THERE IS A c64 FTL GAME BUT ITS A PREVIEW)

Download Them All in .rar file https://www.mediafire.com/?qqqc0r3bs9ced3q Updated!
Download Them All in .rar file https://www.mediafire.com/?qqqc0r3bs9ced3q Updated!
Last edited by ThePersonFromSteam on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Arfy

Re: [SHIP] Comadore 64 Krestal Ships A,B,C

Postby Arfy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Commodore and Kestrel are misspelled in the mod title.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
ThePersonFromSteam

Re: [SHIP] Comadore 64 Krestal Ships A,B,C

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 am

Ok...
Is that all mate?

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Arfy

Re: [SHIP] Comodore 64 Krestel Ships A,B,C

Postby Arfy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am

(Running all of the ships at once) When the type B is selected, the game crashes. (this occurs because of this ---V )
The layouts of the rooms become intertwined, this is because the all of the ship files (for the weapon mounts and the one txt for rooms) are all named "myship".

(Running Type C alone) There is one room that's missing doors to enter it, this can become a huge problem when boarders decide to invade that room. (The room is right above the weapons room, and right next to the drone room)
The weapons system starts out at one, whereas you are unable to power up the Pegasus missiles, making the ship a sitting duck in fights (this also appears to be the same with the engines and shields, unless they are intentional.)
The repair and healing bombs seem to be a bit redundant, the healing bomb would make sense if there were no med-bay or if there were a teleporter. Repair bomb also seems to be slightly useless, considering you have an entire brigade of system repair drones to start off with.

(Running Type A alone) There is nothing really wrong with this ship type, it seems to be a slightly nerfed Kestrel A, but does offer the option to run slightly more powerful weapons early. Also, there is another room (technically two rooms, there's another room adjacent to the room without doors) crewmembers cannot enter.

(Running Type B alone) There is a glow to the engines room, but no one is actually able to man it. This ship type is extremely overpowered, the option to start off firing a volley of 8 total lasers is extremely powerful, the debuffed engines don't really make up for it. (I suggest to limit it down to 2 dual lasers, set the power down so you can only run two dual lasers.) The piloting room has no doors to it, leaving the pilot (and the very first new crew member) to be stuck inside. The engines on the ship graphic seems to be chopped off.

Type A Doorless rooms.

Type C Doorless room.

Type B unmannable engine room.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Arfy wrote:(Running all of the ships at once) When the type B is selected, the game crashes. (this occurs because of this ---V )
The layouts of the rooms become intertwined, this is because the all of the ship files (for the weapon mounts and the one txt for rooms) are all named "myship".

Ok I got the fix and im still Bug testing it but Running all ships together works but b crashes the game and also "This occurs because of this ---V" ?

Excuse me but What the hell is that and yes i have check all the code either your are an idiot and insane or im the one who's an idiot or The Admins decided to Put a "Bad Language" Detector on all of us without a Forum telling the news

Arfy

Postby Arfy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 pm

What I had meant when I said "This occurs because of this ---V" I was attempting to make a downwards facing arrow, sorry if that confused you, I was trying to mention the line below: all of the ship files (for the weapon mounts and the one txt for rooms) are all named "myship".

Just making sure, when you run all of the ships together, does it look like this? Image if so, go into blueprints.xml there should be <shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_HARD_2" layout="myship" img="myship"> and change that respectively to the weapon mounts .xml file, and the rooms txt, assuming if you have already changed those files for each ship.

Image (Just to check, you did rename these files?)

(Also, sorry for the extremely lengthy explanation if you already did and or knew this)
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 am

Yes i renamed them all and im testing
but when i enable a and c
A gets messed up
and C is normal

Any notes on that and yes i tried renaming floors
EDIT: everything gets mashed like potatoes in the Russian Winter
Another way(Stupid it is) i tried naming all the system pics to system_Shields (no Number)
No shit it crashes the game