Iron Memory [Ship Mod]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ThePersonFromSteam

Re: Iron Memory [Ship Mod]

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 am

Hey Somebody look at this.

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
swimmingcop

Postby swimmingcop » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:28 pm

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:Hey Somebody look at this.

Okay.

So, I'll start off with the things I like about this ship, then move onto the things I dislike. Please take note that for the most part these are just my observations and criticisms, they may not hold true for other players. For reference, I'm playing with Captain's Edition on Normal difficulty.

I haven't gotten far enough where I'd be able to test it out yet, but currently it seems like the med bay can fit lots of people inside of it, at least four so far. Fun. I also like how the systems are set up so far. One shield and one engine bar, not a lot, but balanced by the robust weapon systems.

Onto the cons.

The ship feels too powerful for the first sectors and too weak for the later ones given its setup. Four decent early-game weapons are perfectly fine, especially when they're balanced with having weak shields and engines. But you throw in two beam drones, missile artillery, and the impressive array of ship augments to start with, things get a little lopsided. Something I noticed is that fights were either over very quickly with a decisive win, or they dragged on for a while. This is because I would end up fighting an enemy too strong to defeat with the ship's weapons (had too high shields with too high evasion) and was constantly trying to buy time for the missile artillery while powering the beam drones whenever I could.

Also I was a little bummed that there was only room for one more system (cloaking, teleporter, etc.) but that's a game limitation, besides.

If you want to balance for difficulty, I suggest removing the drone system and some of the augments while either changing the weapons to a different loadout (an ion weapon and two lasers alone is pretty powerful, only tapers off in later areas) or keeping them the same. I was going to say something about having less crew but honestly the ship is fucking huge and takes forever to traverse. Four crew is fine.

But I mean, I could just be garbage at this game and in way over my head so I don't know, it's up to you. And honestly, the ship is okay as far as balance goes. And it's really fun to pilot, especially now that it's clear of any major bugs, I have to say this mod is pretty excellent, my dude. Well done.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 am

Well its fixed. Finally one of my mods, fixed the artillery is fixed, the starting weapons is fixed, and i think its sexy.

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Some Weeb

Postby Some Weeb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:21 am

Does the artillery beam need a separate mod because if not you might just want to put the artillery back to the standard beam because, i'm not sure if its just my game, but the artillery even at full power refuses to charge.

P.S. how many hull points does this beauty have?
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Ill recreate this.
Watch Working Mods.

ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 am

Maybe, don't count on me.