[MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: [MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Postby Kieve » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 am

Izzo wrote:Dunno if you've seen this or not, but I installed the mod before reading the thread completely, trying to grind my way to a Destroyer battle only to chance upon this: http://i.imgur.com/7ep19.jpg

I exclusively chose the "salvage wreckage" choice, four or five times it worked fine until that one happened. And then I decided to read your thread only to find out there is no Destroyer.

How about this, since you cannot get 2nd Battles to work: Just have a 25% chance of a Destroyer appearance/battle after the first or second Red Zone battle (to either curb grinding or whatever). Really, I just want to see and fight it. I don't care if every battle is a Destroyer battle, I just want something to really test myself against, since I both get to and beat the Flagship almost every time I play.

Oops! Now how did that happen I wonder? Guess I need to take a closer look at the events there.
And y'know, you are right, I really need to bring the Destroyer out of hibernation. Fortunately, I didn't erase the files, just set them aside. I can't promise anything soonish though since I work retail and Holiday Hell approaches... :cry:
shark

Postby shark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Less excusing, more modding *whips*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 pm

shark wrote:Less excusing, more modding *whips*

Shush you. Go update your own threads for a change. ;)
Kieve

T³ Rebel Destroyer work

Postby Kieve » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:59 am

So after a whole lot of photohacking and copypasta, I've roughed together a prototype for the Rebel Destroyer.
Still needs rooms and I need to decide on a loadout, but it felt good to put a ship together again.

Once I get a solid set of blueprints together, I'll post the completed ship as a modder's resource, for anyone looking to expand the roster of rebel ships (or repaint this one).

UPDATE:
Got the gibs and basic Blueprints done last night, as well as room layouts. Rooms are misaligned but hopefully easy enough to fix. I kept running into an issue during testing where it wouldn't spawn with weapons or drones.

I'm also pretty sure I've figured out the "LONG_FLEET_DEADSALVTXT" messages - not certain yet, but there's only a few variations in the <textlist> and I suspect they're not being recycled. Once a message is displayed for a given sector, that's it. Which means the error can be fixed simply by adding in a lot more text variations.
...Ugh. Had a hard enough time writing the few that I did... :roll:
mrfury010

Postby mrfury010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:48 am

I personally like the idea of this mod,but I would like one option, an option to bribe this destroyer 250 scrap so that they might slow down the fleet or send on one of their crew members,maybe they could give you a quest that gives the reward of a super powerful weapon and a high amount of scrap.It could also have a chance of something bad happening like they just take the scrap and shoot you despite your generosity.just an idea :)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 am

mrfury010 wrote:I personally like the idea of this mod,but I would like one option, an option to bribe this destroyer 250 scrap so that they might slow down the fleet or send on one of their crew members,maybe they could give you a quest that gives the reward of a super powerful weapon and a high amount of scrap.It could also have a chance of something bad happening like they just take the scrap and shoot you despite your generosity.just an idea :)

... Yeah, that's not gonna happen. The Rebels want your head on a plate - if you run into the Destroyer and don't feel you can beat it, your whole focus should be running like hell as soon as your FTL drive charges up. They're not really the negotiating sort. Now, there are events already in this mod that allow for slowdown of the fleet (and even additional crew or armaments) provided you defeat the ship, but please remember where these particular fights are taking place. In the "Red Zone" in the middle of a whole armada of Rebel ships. If one doesn't take shots at you, another is bound to anyway.

Intriguing idea though, thanks for the suggestion. ;)
Nariot

Postby Nariot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 am

Hey guys I need some help installing the mod and such!

So I am running a Mac here (not mine, i am Mac illiterate) and I followed the insructions as best I could, however as I said I need help.

The instructions are (to me) somewhat vague, and it seems there are a few things I either cannot do or cannot figure out in terms of the install process.

so for starters I have; Mac OS X version 10.6.8

I have Python as well, and downloaded GMM, put it nto the FTL folder where the .exe file is located, tried running it all but couldnt get GMM to run (doesnt recognise the .ini file which i assume is the mac version of .exe)

Is there a way to install this mod without using GMM? if not, could someone help me out maybe with a step by step installation video or detailed instruction? mucho appreciated for your time everyone, and looking forward to playing this mod!
Izzo

Re: T³ Rebel Destroyer work

Postby Izzo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 am

Kieve wrote:So after a whole lot of photohacking and copypasta, I've roughed together a prototype for the Rebel Destroyer.
Still needs rooms and I need to decide on a loadout, but it felt good to put a ship together again.

Once I get a solid set of blueprints together, I'll post the completed ship as a modder's resource, for anyone looking to expand the roster of rebel ships (or repaint this one).

Hnnng. That's a sexy ship you got there.

I've rethought my "how to make Destroyer appear" scenario, since I found out that when I get to sectors 3+, I can pretty much grind all day in the Red Zone with little to no damage taken from any rebel ship (and hundreds upon hundreds of scrap grinded). Instead of a flat 25%, have it be like "10% for first appearance, 20% after first battle, 30% after second battle, etc", or to make it quicker to even further curb grinding, 25% -> 50% -> 75%, etc. Not that I'm trying to tell you how to create/finish your mod (and I don't even know how hard/doable the coding would be to implement that idea), just figured that bouncing ideas off each other/people here is a lot better than you trying to think up everything yourself.

As for loadout, I don't even know how I would go about that without making it way too OP. At first I thought of a Pegasus missle or two with the Glaive/two Burst Level 2s, but then I realized how easily those are countered with stealth -> targeting all available weapons to enemy weapons. And then any combination I try to think up (drones, boarding drones, boarding party, multiple missiles/lasers with stealth) is just me stealing from the Flagship.
mrfury010

Postby mrfury010 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 am

Kieve wrote:
mrfury010 wrote:I personally like the idea of this mod,but I would like one option, an option to bribe this destroyer 250 scrap so that they might slow down the fleet or send on one of their crew members,maybe they could give you a quest that gives the reward of a super powerful weapon and a high amount of scrap.It could also have a chance of something bad happening like they just take the scrap and shoot you despite your generosity.just an idea :)

... Yeah, that's not gonna happen. The Rebels want your head on a plate - if you run into the Destroyer and don't feel you can beat it, your whole focus should be running like hell as soon as your FTL drive charges up. They're not really the negotiating sort. Now, there are events already in this mod that allow for slowdown of the fleet (and even additional crew or armaments) provided you defeat the ship, but please remember where these particular fights are taking place. In the "Red Zone" in the middle of a whole armada of Rebel ships. If one doesn't take shots at you, another is bound to anyway.

Intriguing idea though, thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Ok,well thanks for letting me know,but a funny prank for cheaters would be an option to pay 9999 scrap to the destroyer for it to 'not kill you',and it would have a message about the player cheating,it should disable their O2, engine,shield and weapon systems completely and activate the battle screen,it would definitely teach my cheaty friend a lesson. :lol:
Tassyr

Postby Tassyr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:23 am

Question, all. This destroyer- er. Where DOES it show up? I've hunted through the occupied systems, but haven't found it yet..