[MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: [MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Postby Kieve » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:36 am

Tassyr wrote:Question, all. This destroyer- er. Where DOES it show up? I've hunted through the occupied systems, but haven't found it yet..

Not in the current release, sadly. Still have some alignment issues to iron out on the ship itself, as well as adjusting the Rebel Fleet events so that it makes an appearance (on occasion). The biggest problem I've run into thus far is energy allocation - either it's not spawning with armaments, or isn't putting energy into using them, and no idea why.
Tassyr

Postby Tassyr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 am

Drat. Well, can I still push them back? Cos as it is it seems all I can do is attack the same dang fighter, but the 'red tide' of rebel influence continues as if I weren't even there.
Zumbo Prime

Postby Zumbo Prime » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 am

I have a possible glitch with this mod. In Sector 6 I was able to get strong enough and went back through every single jump node. In the last three, instead of giving me event text, it simply said line_deadcloak (or something along those lines). Immediately after jumping to the next sector, upon picking to stop at the station and choosing an option, the game simply closed without warning and I lost all progress. Not sure if related, but possible and frustrating.

Mods currently running:
-better asteroids
-FTL additional events and texts
-highres backgrounds v1.0
-KRS turning the tide
Zumbo Prime

Postby Zumbo Prime » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am

Kieve wrote:
Tassyr wrote:Question, all. This destroyer- er. Where DOES it show up? I've hunted through the occupied systems, but haven't found it yet..

Not in the current release, sadly. Still have some alignment issues to iron out on the ship itself, as well as adjusting the Rebel Fleet events so that it makes an appearance (on occasion). The biggest problem I've run into thus far is energy allocation - either it's not spawning with armaments, or isn't putting energy into using them, and no idea why.

Would it be possible to simply copy the rebel flagship in terms of AI and power usage?
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Sat May 04, 2013 12:27 pm

I would like to mod the fleet hazard, instead of giving you a beefed up rebel fighter every second it gives you the warning and the blasts from the phase 3 boss symbolizing the Rebel fleet cruisers firing upon you.

I don't know but kind of gotten into a theme where depending on what fleet is chasing you would be the danger you will face.

Rebels: Laser Storm (Phase 3 boss)
Federation, 1 Arty Beam shot
Engie: Drone Swarm (Phase 2 boss)
Zoltan: Ion Blasts
Rock: 3 Misses (Duh!)
Mantis: Boarding Pod that creates a hull breach like the boarding drone and deposits 2 Mantis Borders. (lvl 3 doors would be a must as the Mantis would take suffocation damage.
Slug: Hacking system attack, system that randomly locks 1-3 power away from two random systems for 45 seconds.
Crystal: 5 Crystal Shards.
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?
m3lvyn

Postby m3lvyn » Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 pm

mediafire link is dead is you could replace it that be awesome
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Mediafire link is broken, or just reached max number of downloads. May I suggest using dropbox?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Thunderr wrote:Mediafire link is broken, or just reached max number of downloads. May I suggest using dropbox?

Oh peachy. Well, it was long past due for an overhaul anyway...
At work now but will see about getting the link back up when I get home tonight.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 am

Sorry to report I still haven't done any updating of this old thing yet. The good news is, I've posted an additional Dropbox link, for the people Mediafire started giving problems to.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:39 am

Now I'm really confused, as using this mod I *do* meet a Rebel Destroyer everytime I fly into rebel space. Yay! Yet, there is a huge problem - 90% of times, he doesn't have *any* weapons (despite having shitload of systems), nor he does make any use of his teleporting device. Rarely, he have one (single) big laser cannon that it's using, but all other times - despite having 4 bar shield - it's sitting duck. It just cloaks with his powerful cloak generator, comes out of it when power runs out, charge, rinse, and repeat 'till infinity.

I suppose it isn't how it was meant to work? ;)

/Estel

// Edit

no matter of bugs, keeping my thumbs for this work - that destroyer thing'ie scarred s*** out of me, when I first saw it and it subsystems (before I realized, that it's armless).