[FTL SHIP] New Arc V1.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [FTL SHIP] New Arc V1.2

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 am

I noticed there are strange door links about in the ship, but I figure given the theme of the ship, I'd say it makes sense. the theme seems to be something happened to the ship, or the ship has seen many battles. if something happened, say a crash, then that's how the doors got messed up, and one of the engines too.

Also, you might want to add an SMM description, create a folder called "mod-appendix" in the same directory as "data" and "img". then within this new folder create a file called "metadata.xml".
Here is a sample metadata.xml which contains the necessary tags, but more importantly, has some good tips on what should be included in those tags: http://pastebin.com/Ny5zXWcf

for credit, the sample metadata.xml file is from one of the FTL: Insurrection modules by slowriderxcorps

oh and also, right now in the main post, you have the image listed as a link. to have it be an actual image go to the link and on the image: if you right-click and select Copy Image Location, then that will be the address of the image.

then use the following form: [img]my_image_link_here[/img], where "my_image_link_here" is the image address you just copied to your clipboard
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 am

stylesrj wrote:
Auron1 wrote:Having the ship separated into two parts unconnected is extremely dangerous, because if you happen to lose a crew member away from the helm room, you won't be able to assign a new one there.

The rooms are not disconnected from each other. They can get stuck between rooms though if ordered to move elsewhere while in transit.

Are you saying I can "cross" the light-blue line normally? :?:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

You can cross between certain doors. You'll know it when you see it happening.