Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Hostile radiation fields are a thing now? Do you just shoot at them until they die or is it that they just do scripted damage if you can't deal with them?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Auron1 wrote:Some more bugs/text errors here: http://imgur.com/a/Yzw0x

I'd like to point out some things in there:
NO LASER PICTURE
The weapon is displayed as the basic laser, but in FTL CE there is a different model...
I think it just defaults to the basic laser if there isn't anything chosen. If he had picked the basic laser you would see its icon in the store
Typos (again)
...that the ENEMY's warp core has been breached and it's losing power.
"it's" should be "is"

I think that's it. I also think that "Vulkan" should be corrected to "Vulcan" since that is the Star Trek race.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:19 pm

stylesrj wrote:Hostile radiation fields are a thing now? Do you just shoot at them until they die or is it that they just do scripted damage if you can't deal with them?

I always use the maxed out O2 system, so I can't answer right now; but tomorrow I'll do another run :mrgreen:

mr_easy_money wrote: I also think that "Vulkan" should be corrected to "Vulcan" since that is the Star Trek race.

Yes, you are right. Since I am not English, I didn't know if the planet (and race) is written Vulcan, Vulkan, or Volcan. The first word is the right one :P
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:53 am

Auron1 wrote:Since I am not English, I didn't know if the planet (and race) is written Vulcan, Vulkan, or Volcan.

Just something to note:
Vulcan is the roman god of fire, which is what the "Chain Vulcan" and the Star Trek race/planet are named after and it makes sense. In Star Trek, the planet Vulcan is hotter and more desert and mountainous than Earth; hot planet ---> fire, so Vulcan. Vulcan species named after planet. Chain Vulcan is named that either because
1. just like all those other weapons named after roman gods and the like (for example, Leto, Artemis, Hermes, Pegasus, etc.), and the Chain Vulcan is after all a special weapon which is why unlike the other lasers it has a roman god name.
2. think about the frightening rate of fire attributed to the Chain Vulcan. Vulcan is the god of fire, so maybe because of the Vulcan's rate of fire it has the name in common.
links for fun:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(mythology) {Vulcan roman god of fire}
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(Star_Trek)#Homeworld {planet Vulcan}
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:21 am

Thank you for your Feedback. Somehow every ship had shifted floors and other things. I do not know, what I have done. I am uploading all the changes you suggessted. I am very very sorry for my english. I just write, when I have time and do not realize, what all goes wrong.

The Radioactive Nebula was hard for me to produce. I wanted a place, where your O2 System is down for a long time. Somehow it was impossible to deactivate the O2 System, when there is now enemy. So I made an enemy, that can not be killed. The only Problem there is, if you have Shuttles you can attack the Nebula. YOu should not do it, because this wasn't ment as that. If you have another solution than mail me.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 am

I'm gonna give this a test run very soon. Expect an hour-long video in the next few hours :D
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:35 am

New Version Online. Both Aer - Rec.ftl and AerFTL.ftl must be loaded!

Everything should work.

By the Way:
You find

Borg in Engi Space
Species 8472 in Zoltan Space
Klingons in Mantis Space
Romulans in Slug Space
Dominion in Rock Space
Tholians in Lanius Space
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 am

Mines! ARRGGGHHH!

Or at least slow-moving projectiles that go through all shields and do 2 Hull damage.
Or guns that do Shield Piercing and 2 points of damage each time and fire every 8 seconds. At least Missiles run out...

Needless to say I lost badly...

But you may want to look at that.
Also, a lot of people are not big fans of the Captain's Edition thing where you use up more fuel to go faster, and I'm not a big fan of where you need Level 3 Engines just to avoid a massive fleet pursuit.

Otherwise I'm having fun :)
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:13 am

The Polaron Torpedos. I made some mistakes I corrected now. They should only do hull dam and never System dam.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:40 am

Too much Shield Piercing in too many weapons. Especially in Sector 1.
There's also some sort of laser which pierces 1 layer of shields and then gains extra damage each time it fires... and it does this every 10 seconds. Waaaaaay too fast firing.
Then there's the Phased Polarons... which are probably the weapons you're talking about being fixed but still, a bit too much in early-game for both players and enemies.