Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Auron1

Re: Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby Auron1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:51 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
Auron1 wrote:Since I am not English, I didn't know if the planet (and race) is written Vulcan, Vulkan, or Volcan.

Just something to note:
Vulcan is the roman god of fire, which is what the "Chain Vulcan" and the Star Trek race/planet are named after and it makes sense. In Star Trek, the planet Vulcan is hotter and more desert and mountainous than Earth; hot planet ---> fire, so Vulcan. Vulcan species named after planet. Chain Vulcan is named that either because
1. just like all those other weapons named after roman gods and the like (for example, Leto, Artemis, Hermes, Pegasus, etc.), and the Chain Vulcan is after all a special weapon which is why unlike the other lasers it has a roman god name.
2. think about the frightening rate of fire attributed to the Chain Vulcan. Vulcan is the god of fire, so maybe because of the Vulcan's rate of fire it has the name in common.
links for fun:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(mythology) {Vulcan roman god of fire}
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(Star_Trek)#Homeworld {planet Vulcan}

I have some knowledge over the ancient Gods worshipped by the people who lived long (long) ago in my land... but thanks anyway! :lol:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 am

Get it before it gets banned or monetised for using the Star Trek music:

It's Part 1 of 2 where I fly the Voyager III.
Yes, Tabitha is wearing a red shirt in the icon and not a maroon or yellow shirt.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:44 am

Jamestg wrote:New Version is online.

I see that now there are two "very" different files: the first one AerFTL is < 400 KB while the other one, Aer-Rec, is ~274MB! :shock:
Does the latter include musics too?
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:43 am

Music and all Images. The small one carries only the data.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Cool mod, though some grammar and style issues are present.

Everyone is chating while sitting down on their seats. As you stand up, silents lies down.

Should be chatting, and I think silence, though it's still an odd sentence.

Your First Officer explains, that he will be married to the beatifull Ships - Counselor.

Beautiful, and Ships - Counselor is just weird, where does that come from? I think it should just be ship's counselor.

Chose your preparings!

I think you mean choose? After looking it up, seems preparings is a word (or maybe not? wiktionary any good?)(despite a red underline in chrome), but I have no idea how one would use it..

There is probably more, I just played for a little bit.

You should rename misc.xml.append to misc.xml.rawappend, otherwise slipstream forces certain xml changes and breaks some stuff (cosmetic). Texts that depend on changing variables lose some spaces, like crew health when hovering over them, some store stuff, events that fix your hull etc.

And if anyone's bothered, standard CE vanilla crew portraits patch functions OK with this.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for the misc.xml.rawappend tip! I was searching for a solution for this Problems but did not find any! Thank you for that!!!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:11 pm

I have had another crash, but this time I have no clue on what happened... maybe a hint.
My enemy was an AI drone with a single weapon, a Borg plasma launcher which fires a very slow green bullet. I destroyed the enemy and I noted that the enemy "bullet" was nowhere right before FTL crashed.
I'll try again later, hoping to get the bug once more.

Meanwhile, something more I have found:

While traveling, I was boarded by some enemies: it would be perfectly normal, but I had the Internal Protector (not sure it's its name) Augmentation, which usually protects me from all boarding attempts (event-related, not those during a battle).
Is this intended?

Missing/Wrong ships descriptions:

Typo:

New game bug (something reported in CE topic)
Basically I found myself in an already enemy-controlled Sector 1, with a bugged ship and frozen crew.

FINALLY, one (big) question: when I jump, is it intended that there is no sound? Would you consider adding one?
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:21 pm

I have always a jump Sound. It works perfectly. And I never discovered the missing hull bug. You had the Voyager I. I played with is a Long time. Worked the Hull bevor and suddendly there was no hull?

The Deflector does not work on every Boarding attempt. Only those, which you can Register early enough. Also you can not prevent barding throug your doors, only beaming aboard boardings.

And the Fleet Problem I also never had. I think you must have another mod interfering.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:36 pm

To meklozz,

I changed the misc file and now not every Tip is displaying in game. THe Second weapon or the second Drone the Tip works perfectly, but the first weapon has no tip visible.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Jamestg wrote:And I never discovered the missing hull bug. You had the Voyager I. I played with is a Long time. Worked the Hull bevor and suddendly there was no hull?

I wasn't using anything. After I finished yesterday my campaign, today I installed the new Mods and launched the game, where I found the "Continue" text white, meaning I could click on it. So I hit that and *puff* the bug appeared. I have read CE users reported something like that, but this is your mod, not CE...

Jamestg wrote:The Deflector does not work on every Boarding attempt. Only those, which you can Register early enough. Also you can not prevent barding throug your doors, only beaming aboard boardings.

99% of times, when a boarding event occurs and you have the I.P., there is a blue option which simply "blocks" enemies and you are then clear to go.
This time however there was no option displayed, I was boarded directly.
My suggestion is: if you want events like this to keep happening, change their pattern and have the enemy boarding party to use a shuttle so they bypass all shields and the player can't do anything about that.

Jamestg wrote:And the Fleet Problem I also never had. I think you must have another mod interfering.

Nope, only your mod. :?