Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jamestg

Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby Jamestg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:00 am

Please Delete
Last edited by Jamestg on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
mr_easy_money

Re: Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:11 am

How come the Enterprise II has no doors to piloting?

I straight up got boarded in piloting after which they killed my pilot, and then I was henceforth screwed because there was no way to repair or man piloting whatsoever.

I gotta say, although you have quite blatantly taken stuff from other places, there seems to be a good degree of work done to put this mod together. I have just barely started and it's been quite funny just seeing all this new stuff come together.

If they let this mod stay here, then I offer my help in fixing grammar and spelling.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:45 pm

I added now the missing Doors in Enterprise II. And I changed some small things.
Thanks for making me aware of my mistake. So I found out, that I forgot to allow to buy Medbays or Clonebays at Shops for the new Ships.

New Version is online.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Jamestg wrote:New Version is online.

Word of advice: separate the main file into 2 separate files, like how Captain's Edition splits up its Resource Pack and the data files into 2 different mods. That way, you can easily update the data folder and other people can easily download it because the file size isn't gigantic like ~150 MB. Then you should update the Resource Folder only when you really need to but you can constantly update the mod containing the data.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:11 am

Will be done!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
Jamestg wrote:New Version is online.

Word of advice: separate the main file into 2 separate files, like how Captain's Edition splits up its Resource Pack and the data files into 2 different mods. That way, you can easily update the data folder and other people can easily download it because the file size isn't gigantic like ~150 MB. Then you should update the Resource Folder only when you really need to but you can constantly update the mod containing the data.

You sir, are a wise man 8-)

@OP: I'll give your mod a try ;)

EDIT: the game crashed during the second battle...
EDIT2: the game instantly crashes when the Artillery Beam mounted on the USSN Constitution is fully charged. :geek:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm

[*]I repaired the Artillery. Also I changed the structure of my mod. On dat is now Ressources and the other Data.

I think your ctds where all related to the Artillery. If not mail me, what goes wrong and at the exact Timing.

New Version is onlne.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Ok, I did one run...
The biggest problem I found was the Artillery beam which crashed the game everytime it was ready to fire (even when the enemy ship was already destroyed).

After that, I noticed there was no sound when jumping away from a sector: is it intended?

Finally, some bugs I have found are reported here: http://imgur.com/a/pvEC1
I apologize for using IMGUR, but otherwise I was forced to upload all pictures one by one (if you know a good hosting server which allows to quickly load more than 1 pic at time, please let me know!).
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Auron1,
Thank you for your time to find all the Bugs. I think I found everything and I uploaded a new Version with the Changes.
The Resource file will be send later this night. My Connection is not fast enough.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Some more bugs/text errors here: http://imgur.com/a/Yzw0x