Zoltan Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
a_twelve_year_old

Zoltan Cruiser

Postby a_twelve_year_old » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Zoltan Cruiser

I made a Zoltan cruiser without shields, an Ion Blast and two mini Beams. It replaces the Zoltan B.

If you have any tips, please type them in the chat.

The decryption key is this: !YdEXmmK4QvHGXuf44FEpWOEY6KdbS_Rduxzs6IPZvds
Download: https://mega.nz/#!KM8ikKrK
Last edited by a_twelve_year_old on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: Zoltan Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Well it's a lot better than the Engi Flagship although I think enemy difficulty is tied to Weapons Power and Reactor Power.
And considering how it starts with Level 6 weapons, I'm expecting 2-shielded enemies in Sector 2.
Also, it should be mentioned that Level 6 weapons is very expensive and starting with it is not recommended.

So my suggestions would be to turn it down to a Halberd Beam and use an Ion 1 so you'd have 4-power being used but that'd make it similar to the Zoltan A

I do like the design though. Does it have a Clone Bay? Sometimes that can be overlooked by accident when putting in medical facilities.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:29 pm

stylesrj wrote:I think enemy difficulty is tied to Weapons Power and Reactor Power.
Yeah someone needs to do some proper testing on that. I think the effect is overall negligible isn't it? Can one do low power teleport runs to keep enemy difficulty noticeably reduced?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
stylesrj wrote:I think enemy difficulty is tied to Weapons Power and Reactor Power.
Yeah someone needs to do some proper testing on that. I think the effect is overall negligible isn't it? Can one do low power teleport runs to keep enemy difficulty noticeably reduced?

You could easily mod a ship to survive on minimal power and systems (beefed up augments or hull repair). I've played many kinds and never noticed any real patterns, though the RNG can vary enough I can see someone getting that impression.

I don't know where this idea came from (station's job or old infinite mods?), but one of the devs once mentioned on reddit that the only thing that scales to player ships are asteroid field strengths.

@edit
https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/comments/3yzy53/hidden_difficulty_increase_when_getting_too/cyisz5c
a_twelve_year_old

Postby a_twelve_year_old » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:35 am

How 'bout that? Is it to weak?
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Another ship hit by no longer working links. And I'm here again to fix that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPt3AQ_m7zgyg714Pn14PxcM5HyId63f/view?usp=sharing
The only things I've changed is the Hacking room image and because in the original ship both Clone Bay and Medbay were active on start and in different rooms, I moved the Clone Bay where the Medbay is and made the Medbay as the starting system of the two, as you can't have both systems active at once.

EDIT: added a cloak image and the miniship image.