bamalf

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby bamalf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 pm

It was pretty quick :) good work!
Image Image Image
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:I had to make my first foray into converting mp3 into ogg.
Gratuitous ffmpeg promotion.

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "blah.mp3" -c:a libvorbis -b:a 96k "result.ogg"
Whatever tool you used probably was fine. (It might even have used ffmpeg under the hood. ;) )
So easy to reencode/rip audio.
veritas427

Postby veritas427 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 am

Crystal ships in the crystal sector don't have weapons for some reason. I'm using the first DLC ship pack and Advanced Limited Time Offer w/ the compatibility patch. Load order is correct, everything else works normally. Any ideas? I'm not using any other mods.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm

What version of the mod do you have? This error has already been fixed.
Image Image Image
veritas427

Postby veritas427 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 pm

bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Okay, maybe we need to make another fix. :roll:
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Update Time! :D The following mods have been updated... (basically everything except for the Flagship Randomizer and the Ship Mod fix)

The Base Data - A whole slew of updates, enough to go from v1.5 to v1.6
- The font used in tooltip, tip, and weapon 'short' title text now looks rather different. It takes some getting used to, but I'm quite fond of it :mrgreen:
- Various bugfixes, including fix for a potential softlock and enemies having 9+ engines causing low evasion
- Various weapon and drone description changes, both to read better and be more accurate
- Event changes to make things make more sense, including changes to the Augment Special Features
- Shield drones now vary in power requirement, as cooldown cannot actually be changed
- The Under-construction Flagship fight is slightly harder, mainly due to a bugfix
- Defense Drone projectiles are 2.5 times faster. The 'Reliable Defense Drones' addon is no longer being supported because of this.
- Hacking can now be shot down by defense drones and the hacking drone's speed is reduced greatly. The hacking trick is still sometimes possible if the timing is perfect, and the drone itself has a 10% chance to dodge projectiles (don't bank on this!).
- Price of Mind Control raised from 50 to 65
- Added the built-in Fleet Pursuit Indicator from sMPK, hope slow doesn't mind. The ability to see another jump in advance goes a long way.
- Reduced the effect of the Drone Targeting Glitch for all player ships. For those that don't know, the glitch is that drones won't fire at projectiles on a portion of the right side of the screen. I'll let someone else explain,
slow wrote:It causes entities of all kinds to be rendered invisible to defensive drones as long as they are outside of their area of vision. As an example, if you've ever seen a Hacking drone latch onto the helm of the Kestrel or the Weapons on a Federation Cruiser, and your Defense Drone didn't even pay it any attention whatsoever, that is a result of the glitch.
as said in this reddit thread, https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... ng_glitch/

The Resource Pack
Removed an old font from the folder. While this doesn't sound like much, if you don't update and place the old resource pack after the base data, the new font won't display and some special icons added to the font will not show up.

All three DLC Ship Packs
As in the base mod, the Drone Targeting Glitch has been reduced for all ships in all 3 ship packs.

A- Difficulty
- created better compatibility for and improved the talk with crew and augment special features events
- removed shield charge boosters from the Flagship on harder difficulties as not even regular Arsenal+ has them any more, only A+
- removed 'img' folder as the image causes an issue in FTL 1.6, and change replaced with just text
A recap of how this difficulty modifier makes the game easier:
- Talking to crew is more likely to yield benefits
- Removed purely negative event outcomes from Augment Special Features
- Intact prototype weaponry requires 1 less power
- Equal distribution of every sector type, instead of homeworld-type sectors being rare

A+ Difficulty
- removed 'img' folder as the image causes an issue in FTL 1.6, and change replaced with just text
A recap of how this difficulty modifier makes the game harder, including two things I left out from the description:
- Auto rewards across all events are lower
- The prices for all goods in shops and system upgrades are increased (the prices in events haven't changed)
- Tougher Flagship artilleries on Normal difficulty
- Flagship gets 1 Shield Recharge Booster on Normal and 2 on Hard

The two difficulty modifiers can be used together even though they're not supposed to be. whichever of the two goes later in the mod order will have that difficulty's bosses, the only thing that gets overwritten.

Arsenal+ Infinite
- now correctly compatible with FTL 1.6.x... the old version doesn't display pilot levels correctly

Introducing a new (optional) addon!
Light Lasers Damage Systems v1.0
Does exactly what it sounds like. All light lasers now damage systems. To balance this out, they have less shield piercing, cost more and are rarer. Sounds a lot like the light lasers in Captain's Remix, which is where I got the inspiration from, but not everything is the same. ;)

Anyways, this addon is still sort of experimental, which is why of course it's an addon and not integrated into the main mod. :)
-------
Also added this to the Troubleshooting section,
Arsenal+ LightGraphic Patch v1.0
It's a patch that cuts out some of the new backgrounds and planets from the game, increasing performance on weak PCs (goes last in the mod order).
-------
----
In other news, the next big update to the original Russian Arsenal+ mod is coming soon, meaning new content. Like actual new content: ships and events and such. I'll still need time to translate and integrate it though but it shouldn't be long after. :mrgreen:

I think that's everything, hope I didn't miss anything. As always, if something is broken or off with any part of the mod, please tell me by replying to this thread! :idea:
Kommanderkeen

Postby Kommanderkeen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 am

Seems to work fine but freezes when I hit the START button after picking a ship... Happens with or without DLC ships (which show up fine in the menu).
Mod order is:
Base data
Resource pack

Also the LightGraphic patch doesn't seem to be a valid link.

I'm super excited to try this mod out it seems amazing! Hope we can figure this out. Thanks
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 am

Kommanderkeen wrote:Seems to work fine but freezes when I hit the START button after picking a ship... Happens with or without DLC ships (which show up fine in the menu).
Mod order is:
Base data
Resource pack

hmm, mod order is fine. have you tried using Large Address Aware? link in the troubleshooting section. gives FTL more memory. also:
Kommanderkeen wrote:Also the LightGraphic patch doesn't seem to be a valid link.

okay, I've fixed this (not sure why they changed the link), should be working now... maybe this will solve your problem?

as a last resort, downloaded files could be corrupted. I seriously doubt this is the case, but I figured it would be worth mentioning.
Kommanderkeen wrote:I'm super excited to try this mod out it seems amazing! Hope we can figure this out. Thanks

I hope one of those things fixes it. I'm excited to see new people finding this mod!
ievgen

Postby ievgen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 am

Will Arsenal+ Infinite v2.0 mod work with vanilla version of the game?