[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:39 am

Arsenal+ is a complete overhaul mod, adding new equipment, sectors, factions, ships, and more!
What you see here is my attempt at an English version.
Table of Contents
1. Installation Instructions and Download Links
2. Mod Order
3. Details about mod's files
4. Gallery
5. Credits
6. About Arsenal+
7. Troubleshooting
8. Changelogs
======================================
1. Installation Instructions and Download Links
First and foremost, you will need Slipstream Mod Manager to install this mod and other mods. If you are unfamiliar with Slipstream go to this link to configure the mod manager: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102 . You absolutely will need this mod manager.

Disclaimer: This mod is not compatible with Hyperspace yet. Please for the moment disable Hyperspace if you are using it. This can be easily done by renaming "Hyperspace.dll" to "Hyperspace-.dll". I am working on getting the Hyperspace features to this English version! I will update this main page with new installation instructions and updated info when that happens! :)

The mod files that you will place in your 'mods' folder of Slipstream will ALL be .FTL files, so you know they are mod files. Please do not confuse this with how Multiverse is one .ZIP file. This mod has two essential mod files, and a number of optional addons. To find out more about the optional addons see below the Mod Order.

There are two files you need to download from Dropbox download links. You don't need a Dropbox account to use them. After opening the link, select the download icon in the top right corner to directly download the files.

The first download file is an FTL file called ARS - Base Resources. You need this file for the mod's art and music assets to load. Place this first in your mod order.
(This is separate from the other download because this will only be updated when there are new music/art assets, and would otherwise bloat the download file size whenever other mod files get updated.)

Click this text to download Arsenal+ Base Resources v1.27.1 Size: ~240 MB

The second download file is a ZIP file called Arsenal+ English. This contains a collection of mods, it is NOT a mod by itself. Please, do not confuse this with how Multiverse is one ZIP file. I repeat, this is not a mod by itself. This ZIP file contains FTL files within in it that you will place in your mods folder of Slipstream. Details below the mod order.

Click this text to download the latest Arsenal+ English Size: ~66 MB

2. Mod Order

The mod order is correct so far but incomplete. Please check back later! I'll continue to reorganize the mod order within the week.

This is the mod order. What is a mod order? It tells you in what order to place the mod files. The order is essential for the mod to work properly. The required files are Base Resources and Base Data. The mod will not be the mod without these two files. Everything else is optional. Each number on the mod order is followed by a brief description. Highlighted items are found from the links above. There is a longer description for every single mod file below the mod order, and more details.

1. Base Resources (required!)
    The new visual and auditory components of the mod.
  2. Base Data (required!)
    Everything from ship specs, weapon specs to event details and sectors.
  3. Infinite
    Adds an infinite aspect to the game available at sector 7. Upgrades piloting to keep track.
  4. A- Difficulty or A+ difficulty
    A- to make the game slightly easier, A+ to make the game harder.
  5. Ships designed for use with the original game (vanilla).
    Must use (6) for these ships to play as intended. Only use Arsenal+ ships that are loaded after the Fix.
  6. Non-Arsenal+ Ship Mod Fix
    Fixes vanilla ships' weapons and drones to work with Arsenal+. Will change any ships that come before so only add this in front of ships intended to work in vanilla.
  7. Ship Pack 1, 2, 3 or a randomized pack created by the generator (see 'Mod Generation Tools')
    Each of these ship packs will replace every ship, so only use one ship pack at a time. Loading all at the same time will only load the last ship pack.

3. Details about mod's files

Base Resources
Contains the overhaul's core image and audio assets. Essential.

Base Data
Contains the overhaul's core data assets. Essential.

Ship Packs
Ship Pack 1
Replaces every player ship with a new fleet of ships, all with custom hulls and different playstyles.

Ship Pack 2
Replaces every player ship with miniature versions of ships found in "special" events in Arsenal+. May possibly ruin encounters with said ships, but they also have their own unique loadouts and playstyles...

Ship Pack 3
Replaces every player ship with large ships, each with amazing custom art and different playstyles. Take a look at the room interiors... you may notice something different about the manning stations. 8-)

Miscellaneous Addons
A- Difficulty
Should be used after the base Arsenal+ mod. Technically can be used alongside the A+ Difficulty as only the bosses overwrite each other, but they're supposed to be separate.

Makes Arsenal+ slightly easier in the following ways:
  • Enemy ships' core systems have at most 3-9 power capacity instead of 4-10 power capacity
  • Benefits from talking to crew are more likely to occur
  • Augment Special Features no longer have purely negative outcomes
  • Intact prototype weaponry requires 3 power instead of 4 power
  • Equal distribution of every sector type, instead of homeworld-type sectors being rare
A+ Difficulty
Should be used after the base Arsenal+ mod. Technically can be used alongside the A- Difficulty as only the bosses overwrite each other, but they're supposed to be separate.

Makes Arsenal+ harder in the following ways:
  • Regular rewards across all events are lower
  • Higher prices for system upgrades and all goods in stores (prices in events haven't changed)
  • Tougher Flagship artilleries on Normal difficulty
  • Flagship gets 1 Shield Recharge Booster on Normal and 2 on Hard
Infinite
Adds an "infinite" element to Arsenal+, but not the same kind you may be used to from CE... "Your ship is equipped with an advanced navigation system: every time you jump into a new sector, your piloting will be upgraded. After upgrading to level 8, you can jump into the remote sectors of the Galaxy, or go to the Federation Base to complete your mission." Thus, the remote sectors will have the same difficulty as the 7th sector.

Patch after all ship mods, otherwise progression may not work correctly.

Light Lasers Damage Systems (Currently unavailable)
Inspired by Captain's Remix from the sM Polish Kit, light lasers now also damage systems. Compared Arsenal+, Captain's Edition and Captain's Remix to figure out how the light lasers should be changed. In general, most of the sMPK changes carried over: light lasers do less shield piercing, cost more and are rarer. However, the changes aren't exactly the same. As such, and as there's a different kind of balance in Arsenal+, this mod is still experimental.

Non-Arsenal+ Ship Mod Fix
It has come to my attention that ship mods don't exactly play correctly when used with Arsenal+ because Arsenal+ redefines vanilla blueprints as other weapons, leading to problems. This mod is here to fix those problems so that the ships have the weapons and drones they were supposed to have. Patch after non-Arsenal+ ship mods, but before Arsenal+ Ship Packs.
Generates a randomized player ship pack. The 'classic random' mode sports a balanced randomization, whereas 'full random' turns off all the safeties. Can change level of ship strength, use colorful shields, and create auto ships. The generator is compatible with other overhauls and vanilla, so when generating ships for Arsenal+ select the A+ box.

Arsenal Randtrel Ship Generator no longer being updated.
Link still here for posterity or should you so desire. The generator has a bug in weapon power levels, and is less customizable and balanced than the other tool above. Use this one at your own risk.

Download ARS Flagship Randomizer v3 Size: ~4 MB
Generates a randomized flagship mod file. The generation tool originally created by RannL/Sleeper Service has been specifically adapted for Arsenal+.
However, unlike the original, the random flagship generated by this will not let you know about its capabilities in advance... it's a surprise :!:

(if any of these close abruptly after opening, they may not have write access to the folder. in that case try moving the entire folder to Documents.)
======================================

The real credit for most of the mod's great artwork and ideas goes to the creators: Alexander "bamalf" Alferov, Konstantin "KBA3u" Morozov, Mstislav "Al`Hazrad" Sokolov, and "Luminis Insigne".

Credits:
Arsenal+ includes assets from other mods that were taken without permission, so this is just a warning so everyone knows. It was never my idea to take anything without permission, blame the original creators (though, I'm sure they only wanted to make this the best overhaul possible by compiling great mods from different places). But I guess since I'm the emissary to English speakers, the burden is now mine as well.

Granted signifies mods whose creators know and are fine with their use in Arsenal+.
Unknown signifies mods whose creators are unaware of their use in Arsenal+.
Pending signifies mods whose creators specified they don't want their mods part of Arsenal+, but have not yet been removed from the mod. Assets from mods in this category will be removed/replaced as soon as possible.
Removed signifies mods which have been removed at the creator's request and no longer have their assets within Arsenal+. All the same, check out all these mods.

Permission Status: Granted (most recently approved first)
Pretty shields by MantisManMike - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32736 (used in Arsenal+ Randtrel addon)
GO BALLISTIC! [Weapons Pack] by R4V3-0N - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26840 and other assets created by R4V3-0N e.g. the Tachyon weapons
C&C Weapon Pack by Chrono Vortex - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27573
Steamtex Weapons Pack by Chrono Vortex - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30332
sM Polish Kit, including the Insurrection overhaul, by slowriderxcorps - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187
Arfy's Experimental Armaments by Arfy - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32214
Captain's Edition by Sleeper Service and many others - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663
Captain's Edition is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.
The original Russian version of Arsenal+ - https://vk.com/topic-69423402_31433485
Permission Status: Unknown
FTL: Incursion by Kieve - viewtopic.php?t=7285&hilit=music (as FTL: Incursion was abandoned, the creators of Arsenal+ probably believed some of its music tracks could find use)
Improved Crystal Sounds by Noobjuice - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26796
Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod by Twinge - http://www.it-is-law.com/ftl-balance/in ... =Main_Page (Its visual fixes: shield orientation, cloak and system graphics, etc.)
Corpses by Harpuae, updated for AE by RAD-82 - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26476
Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics by LordTrilobite - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24541
Detailed Ship Greeble Graphics by LordTrilobite and Sleeper Service - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26931
Highres Shields by splette - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982
GianTell's Armament by GianTell - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29873
Katabic's Srapyard [5 Ships] by Katabatic - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32164
Hooker, The [Kestrel C] by TaxiService - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26686
Monster World by PLIOU (insector) - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27827
Verdant Dawn, The [Kestrel A] by NarnKar - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26776
Omicron Dynasty by speedoflight - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14577&hilit=omicron (something 'omicron' was used, but the download link to this mod is dead, so we can't check...)
Rock Sunstrike by madhatter - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16782 (the "Solar barrage array")
Permission Status: Pending (none right now)
Permission Status: Revoked
Railguns, Photocasters, & More! by WhiteWeasel - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30294

====================================================

What is Arsenal+ English Translation?

Before going into more depth about the "new equipment, sectors, factions, ships, and more", first let's talk about the translation:

Arsenal+ was originally solely a Russian-only mod. No English whatsoever. After hearing about it here, and noticing it's an overhaul on the scale of CE -- I really wanted to play it. Despite the fact I'm not a speaker of Russian, it's been my goal to make this mod playable to English speakers. And it finally is. Every single line of text that was Russian is now English.

I've used Google Translate, Reverso Context, and Yandex Translator to get an idea of the Russian, sometimes looking at the vanilla files, and using common sense and knowledge of the FTL universe as context to correct translation errors. If the 'online translators' make you think that this is a half-baked attempt at an English version, believe me it's not. I've poured countless hours into making this read as well as possible. And hey, if something doesn't read well, tell me!

What have I done besides translation? I've changed a lot of the translated Russian to what in my mind sounds a lot better, and is what's best for the mod. I've also added some custom parts to certain events, created some new addons and done my best to make events and the like better.

Enough history, tell me about this overhaul!

Arsenal+ adds several new enemy factions, with the key difference between them their equipment. For example: Order, Slig and Pirate ships don't share most, if any, of their equipment with each other. But I won't go into too much detail. :twisted:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Arsenal+ adds loads of new sectors: a sector type or two for each new faction, and also a few other new sectors. These new sectors have many many new events, and there are also new lots of new events and event changes across the board. But I won't list any here, where's the surprise in that? :twisted:

A new crew type and lots of crew customization.

Lots of new weapons and drones!

ImageImage

So yeah... there's lots of stuff this overhaul brings to the table. Try it out and see what you think (this mod is not for everyone). Download links and individual mod file details at the top of the post.

Troubleshooting:
I thought these may be of use to some people, from the original Russian mod page
Russian Arsenal+ page wrote:!!! ATTENTION !!! Error "Patching failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException:. \ Backup \ data.dat.bak (The system can not find the specified path)" indicates missing backup files. Just create a folder called backup in the root of the game, and they will appear.
Russian Arsenal+ page wrote:!!! ATTENTION !!! Error "This application has been requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information." means that the game does not have enough dedicated memory to run. To fix this, use this patch on the executable file of the game FTLGame.exe https://yadi.sk/d/V-UcWFxs3DtpuR
Also, the storage profile may be corrupted, delete it and disable saving to the Steam cloud.

The download above seems like it is the same as Large Address Aware, basically FTL needs more memory to run.

Arsenal+ LightGraphic Patch v1.0
Russian Arsenal+ page wrote:This lightweight patch cuts out some of the backgrounds and planets from the game, which increases performance on weak PCs (put at the end of the list in the mod manager): https://yadi.sk/d/wYWpw61a3UCzkN

Changelogs

Code: Select all

Base Data:
v1.8.x
- main Arsenal+ 1.27.x updates
-- addition of Morph faction and sectors
- other misc fixes I can't remember

v1.7.x
- fixed any errors in the generated injected weapons and generated listing of fire+breach chance in tip box
- miscellaneous event changes pertaining to ordering of choices
- better descriptions for some weapons, especially the new weapons
- pirate ships should now have less missiles in general. this change was missed from 1.25
- some pirate ships now have a minimum sector requirement. this change was missed from 1.26
- minor event wording changes

v1.7
- miscellaneous event changes and fixes
- patching "failsafe" added: patching addons before/without the Base mods will not work
- changes from 1.26-1.26.4 of the original mod, the main changes include:
--- artillery system can now be bought from stores for player ships
--- different injectors enable you to upgrade your weapons in different ways, much like the toolkits in sMPK
--- Avatars are now more bluish, to make them look more electric and alive
--- an entirely new sector with its own factions and weapons, the Zolton sector
--- a whole slew of new weapons
--- weapons will now list their exact fire and breach chance in the "Tip:" box
--- new events
- buffed anti-drones' projectile speed. the okay ones are slightly better and the good ones are better.

v1.6
- fixed a bug where the game would crash if you got a weapon/drone after already filling the "over-capacity slot" (FTL 1.6.x adds a hard-coded event that breaks down the item into scrap if that happens, but that event was missing so FTL gets confused and crashes)
- socializing with crew should no longer count for the Diplomatic Immunity achievement on the Federation Cruiser
- removed a possible crew name that was inappropriate
- fixed an incorrect weapon description
- Under-construction Flagship mini-boss fight changes:
--- fixed vanilla bug where hacking and mind control would not show up (missing max="x" attribute)
--- teleporter is no longer guaranteed to spawn, but probably will because this fight only happens late-game
--- health increased by 1 from 10 to 11
- Defense Drone + Hacking-related changes:
--- defense drones' shot speed buffed by a factor of 2.5x
--- removing hacking's inability to be shot down by defense drones; now there is just a base 10% chance to dodge projectiles
--- great reduction to speed of the hacking drone itself
- touched up sections of augment special features
- reduced the Drone Targeting Glitch for all player ships by setting X_OFFSET to 0 and adjusting HORIZONTAL accordingly
- touched up various weapon and drone descriptions to both read better and be more accurate
- a few minor event changes
- shield drone tiers now vary in power requirements, since cooldown does nothing
--- stealth c now starts with shield drone mark ii because of this
- civilian trader, mercenary, and 'fuel for drones' trader all no longer have trades that are either "too" good or bad which make no sense
--- e.g. 2 fuel for 11 drone parts or 2 missiles for 22 scrap will no longer appear --> now more "fine-tuned"
- enemies should no longer have engines levels above 8 -- engines > 8 are NOT buffer points: level 9 brings evade DOWN to 10% or so
- switched ordering of choices in the "Reject their 'offer'." event
- raised price of mind control system from 50 to 65
- fonts folder is now in this base data instead of the resource pack
- font used in tooltip, tip, and weapon 'short' title text (JustinFont8) now looks rather different
- fixed a bug with the Heavy Photon Cannon Mark II where some frames would disappear
- added a fleet pursuit indicator to show which beacons will be covered by the fleet after the next jump (from sMPK, thought this should be a default)
- shortened the 'Into the Breach' ad on the main menu so that the arsenal+ version numbering is not covered up
- changed the autofire tooltip so that "Hotkey: {hotkey}" is on its own line

v 1.5 (1.25.3) for FTL 1.6.3
- changed 'misc.xml.rawappend' to 'text_misc.xml.append' as per FTL update and SMM update. fixed compatibility errors that ensued.
- due to changes in sector names, changed 'sector_data.xml' to reference 'text_sectorname.xml.append' for full and short sector names (more control yay)
- used the new blueprint removal ability to remove the special storage box from player inventory at its destination. had to split in an event in two in order for there not to be odd shenanigans.
- improved the sector start special feature events for titanium system coating, recon teleporter, emergency respirators and engi med-bot dispersal
- used the new blueprint removal ability to remove a broken weapon from player inventory at its destination. had to split events in two for the same reason as above.
- all occurrences of "Continue..." now correspond to whatever value the text "continue" has in text_misc.xml (tiny bit of translation support)
- added back the special feature for the damaged stasis pod
- added a talk with crew choice for nothing events (just text) in the following eventLists:
-- in newEvents.xml — WRECKAGE_INVESTIGATE, ROCK_SLUG_GRATEFUL, and EMPTY_STATION2_LIST
-- in events_engi.xml — ENGI_SURRENDER_LIST and both SAVE_ENGI_STATION variants
- fixed bug in the Slig escort quest where enemies would still board you even if the enemy ship is Neutral
- fixed a compatibility issue for a certain pair of fast lasers where some frames would disappear in-between firing shots
- changed the broken defense system distress event so that it no longer punishes you for choosing the first option (promise to help)
- changed the dummy text for the artillery system tooltip box, so that it displays a general thing in case the weapon used for artillery has no specified tooltip (you really oughta add one if you make a custom artillery)
- with %req's crew in events replacing now discontinued, places where you'd see a crewmember's name instead says "a crewman" (or something to that effect)
----------------------------------
v 1.4.3 (1.25.3) for FTL 1.5
- created a fix for an event where having an artillery weapon fire makes the game crash (# of shots > # of rooms)

v 1.4.2 (1.25.3) for FTL 1.5
- changed title of the Border Sector from 'Border Sector' to 'The Border', feels more fitting than simply seeing "Border" on the sector map. since this is for FTL 1.5 and not 1.6, creating different versions of the title between the sector map and when in the sector are not possible, limiting control of what the title can be.
- miscellaneous weapon title and description changes
- fixed the 'short' titles (shows up on the main HUD) of the Hacker and bomb weapons so that they fit with the charge/chain/missile icons
- removed the '<tooltip>...</tooltip>' tags of every non-Artillery weapon from the code because they were doing nothing, just taking up space
- a few event fixes where the ranges for number of items removed were incorrect (item_modify max less than min)

v 1.4 (1.25.3)
- the enemy flashbang weapons and drones no longer have the annoying whine at the end, instead using the short sound effect the player flashbang stuff uses. now, the whining sound is almost completely gone... it may show up in one special place ;) apart from that, if you really want the annoying whine for some unknown reason (I cannot possibly fathom why), the audio file and <sound> is still there, set it from 'flashbangPlayer' to 'flashbang' in the weaponBlueprint.
- reflects changes to the 1.25.3 update in the original mod, including
--- new weapons. won't say which ones because it's a surprise ;) if you seriously want the names, you can translate the original update log here, https://vk.com/topic-69423402_31433485?post=2480
--- auto-aggressors no longer freeze and subsequently crash the game (yay!)
--- fixed some other minor bugs
- added a missing change from 1.25 to the tip on store availability -- stores don't appear in sector 1
- description changes all across the board for weapons and drones
-- made use of a technique I found to make line breaks in some descriptions, both for weapons and drones
-- changed flavorType "Type:" stuff of various weapons and added it for other weapons
-- changed the descriptions of defense drones to get a better idea of what the drone's about
-- changed the particle beam 'Stave Beam' to 'Staff Beam'
-- changed descriptions so the entire text of the box they're in fits better, especially when in stores, so you can see all the stats without the tip box hiding some, including
--- removed the "Can be used on your ship." thing on the ends of bomb descriptions to save space, since it already appears in the tip box
---- therefore added something to the tip box of the heal bomb about that it "can be used on your own ship"
- changed the description of augment TULLY_BOX to something more special, inspired partly by FTB's idea for it
- changed the description of crystal vengeance to note one particular change from vanilla -> pierces all shields ;)
- changed the description of the hacking system to actually fit in its description box
- edited the "Class" types of various enemy ships
--- 'Energy' ships to 'Zoltan' ships
--- 'Artillery' class cruisers to 'Frigate' class cruisers
--- 'AI'/'Avatar' to 'Rogue-AI'
--- 'Automated Surveyor' to 'Auto-Surveyor'
--- old 'Auto-Hacker' to 'Auto-Disruptor'
- changed the Avatar crew description to something that makes more sense
- slight change to the FTL Fuel item description
- fixed the Mantis A and B pilot interior image so there isn't stuff going in front of doors
- the Staff Beam was missing on auto and slug ships in AE, it's there now
- changed some event wording to make more sense if you don't have sensors
- changed 'Spends Ammunition' to 'Uses Ammunition' for weapons that use missiles because 'spend' is primarily used with regards to money

v 1.3 (1.25.2)
- miscellaneous changes to read better
- reflects changes to the 1.25.2 update, including
-- event changes
-- balance changes
-- an error correction
-- a new starting game "TIP"
-- a new class of enemy Rock ships

v 1.2.1 (1.25.1)
- added the rusty flak cannon (if you've seen the Russst in the first dlc ship pack you'll know what this is). it may pop up elsewhere ;)

v 1.2 (1.25.1)
- finally added the new sector after translating all of it :D
- reflects update 1.25.1 changes of the original mod
--- some new weapons
--- new events and new ship types
--- player ship tweaks
--- event changes
--- error fixes
--- various changes to weapons and drones
--- HAL ships now have titanium systems casing instead of drone accelerator
- changed the descriptions of the auto lasers
- made the charge pulse hacker weaponry's short names shorter, hopefully this makes them not overlap with the charge icons
- various weapon description changes
- fixed changes to the flagships that should have been there in the previous versions, namely
-- shield charge boosters on all forms and difficulties have been removed
-- corrected the hard flagship to the new layout (not gonna spoil it :P)
- removed a stupid name or two

v 1.1 (1.25)
- reduced volume of Gauss launch sound by 2, and Flashbang impact by 1
- added text and stuff of my own to the nebula exit beacons, also rewording some stuff there
- removed some stupid names
------
- reflects changes to version 1.25 of the original mod, except for the new sector which isn't finished being translated
-- every enemy in the game now runs out of missiles sooner
-- new weapons and drones, including charge mines, new bombs, a strange defense drone and more
-- new weapon art for existing weaponry, including the gauss rifles and maybe the single-charge stuff
-- new backgrounds and planets, including a different image for the secret sector warp
-- new events
-- miscellaneous fixes and changes to various events
-- fixes to various weapons including cooldown and description changes
-- Flak Artillery now fires more shots than the Flak 2
-- hacking is a bit more expensive (since it's OP) and drone control is slightly cheaper
-- events having to do with lottery now have custom font icons for each resource
---------
- reworded some of the artillery weapons that can show up in the ship packs below
- made the start beacon events in Mantis and Engi sectors read better
- fixed some of the short weapon names so that they fit with the charge icons
- reworded the industrial beam tip and reverted the industrial beam descriptions to their original CE descriptions
- reworded some other weapon descriptions slightly
- reverted the satellite defense targeting gone haywire event to vanilla, and reworded a new choice to read better
*!* known bug: a regular Mantis ship fight just starts all of a sudden, no event prompt

v 1.0.3 (1.24.1)
- corrected some words in a few events
- translated a few sentences and words that I missed
- fixed a credit for one of the composers

v 1.0 (1.24.1)
- added the rest of the HAL sector texts I remembered I forgot..
- added all the remaining Border sector texts
- added all the remaining texts in events.xml, including a prototype event, some Slug events, a Mantis event, and more
- added some differences to the Russian version slightly in the form of events and textLists. slightly, to make more sense.
- added some missing misc.xml stuff, including something to make the Drone Control Roulette not jump around when it comes to cycling through all those random drones. I'm quite pleased with how I got it separated into two lines. you'll see when you look at it ;)
- touched up on all of the weapon descriptions to read a lot better, added some flavor text, and more details on some of the weapons.
- bamalf tells me there are some event differences from the latest version of the Russian mod. I'm not really sure what those differences are, but they're apparently there...
--
- changed the main menu image to a mix of the original Russian image and FearTheBlaziken's crisper-looking vanilla-esque version
- added in a vast number of edits to the various weapons to make them read better. I changed them from strict translations to neater and more descriptive versions.
- charge lasers now have their own unique "Tip: " box (below their description)
- added the Rock ship destroyed/deadCrew flavor texts
- revised some sentences in the damaged crystal ship/crystal quest start event
- made the Talk with Crew events read slightly better
- fixed a bit of text in the augment special features events
- made the credits include everybody correctly

v 0.32.8 (1.24.1)
- added the text telling you a Lanius ship's class, e.g. Lanius Scout
- fixed an achievement text change
- a bugfix or two

v 0.32.7 (1.24.1)
- added some more events
- fixed a number of bugs

v 0.32 (1.24.1)
- added the rest of the events and texts in Unstable sectors

v 0.31 (1.24.1)
- added the rest of the Lanius sector start texts
- added 6 prototype relevant events
- added a special HAL event
- updated a special AI event
- added a special nebula event
- updated/added the rest of the confused engi event
- added the chicken pirate event
- updated/added the rest of the sun planet rescue event
- added more of the fed bomber remains event
- added a special Mantis event
- updated/added the rest of the Engi planet event chain

v 0.30 (1.24.1)
- added the rest of the possible start sector texts for the rest of the vanilla sectors (note these are not vanilla texts), ;edit: except Lanius, forgot that sector was left
- fixed errors in the new civilian start sector texts
- made some of the weapons read better with better descriptions
- fully added/translated events in the Order sector, and almost all of the HAL sector events
- added/translated some Border sector events
- added/translated some other general events (can happen anywhere I presume, not really sure)
- fully added/translated events in Avatar sectors
- reverted/added parts of some Slug sector events
- fully added/translated the crew socialize events and texts
- fully added/translated start sector augment special feature events
- fully added the rest of the TIP's you get when you start a game; these tips are specific to Arsenal+ content
- added some Trade Sector events if I'm not mistaken

v 0.21 (1.24.1)
- translated the HAL Drones
- translated the start choices of one event, another prototype event, and the trade supplies events (buy and sell)
- translated that one weapon I said wasn't translated yet, and also turned some russian font albeit unnecessary to english
- added an image that overwrites the main menu image, reflecting the current version number. I know that makes this not completely just data, but it makes it bigger by a couple MB's, which is next to nothing.
- some misc drone description changes probably

v 0.20 (1.24.1)
- reflects changes made to Arsenal+ v1.24 and v1.24.1
-- new in 1.24.1
-- music for the Border Sector is now different, with proper battle and explore themes.
-- added some more events and changed others
-- there is now a level of support for AI ships, in that the game won't crash in the crew loss events with no crew. also changed the socialize option with something extra only for AI ships without crew.
-- added 3 new weapons
-- other miscellaneous fixes, such as augment pricing and weapon description
- reverted nearly all of the translation of vanilla text, though in some cases where new text added or changed vanilla text, that has not yet been fully finished
- translated the rock prototype event
- reverted and translated more ship names (aka the ship's class, for example, Rebel Rigger, etc.)

v 0.18.1 (1.23)
- revertranslated rebel controlled events, crystal homeworlds events, pirate controlled events
- revertranslated and translated The Last Stand - only events so that everything in the final sector makes sense
- this is v0.18.1 since there was some event that referred to 3 boarders, but actually 2 to 4 boarders spawned, so that text is fixed

v 0.17 (1.23)
- reverted and translated stuff in dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml, aka the abandoned sector/lanius controlled
- translated and reverted stuff in events_ships.xml, some outcomes of ship battles
- translated something that should have been translated

v 0.16.5 (1.23)
- added in missing donor pony subevents that were causing problems
- reverted and translated some ship defeat/escape texts
- corrected combat drone mark i in Zoltan C to actual combat 1 not random
- corrected regular repair drone to show up
- corrected end credits to proper order, removing myself there, instead moved to main menu

v 0.16.1 (1.23)
- fixed a missing hidden tag, allowing you to see the reward for a choice that shouldn't be seen
- edited the SSM description to be up to date with the current version series

v 0.16 (1.23)
- fixed the start beacon bug
- added in sector specific events for:
-- zoltan sectors
-- mantis sectors
-- some of the rock specific events
- translated the drone control roulette (purchase of drone control yields a random drone in each of the three drone categories)
- translated the new one-use weapons and some beams

v 0.15 (1.23)
- added in everything that should've been there already from previous versions, including
-- events, the HAL sector, blueprint lists, weapons/drones lists, and other stuff
- bamalf, the creator of the mod was nice enough to translate all of the names into English (I was having trouble with that, so now you no longer have to decipher/rename crew members)
- translated another bunch of event chains
- reverted various vanilla events from events_engi and events_zoltan
- reflects changes in 1.23 update including
-- new Border Sector, trade sector events, random drone given with purchase of drone system
-- new special weapons (still need to translate these, expect another update soon)
-- other stuff including sounds, music, and more events
- added in base pack ship descriptions as well as federation artillery descriptions
- various weapon description, tip, event misc fixes
- added myself to the credits ;)
- vanilla Chain Ion changed to Adaptive Ion, where there is now a Chain Ion that reduces in cooldown (still need to translate)
- some new beam that is a cross between the particle beam weaponry and regular beam weaponry (still need to translate)

v 0.14 (1.22.2)
- added the credits for the mod's creators
- translated a bunch of events, mostly fully, going through all the possible choices and events.
- translated most of the augment blue options at empty beacons, so that you can know what's going on and you don't randomly damage your ship because you thought the blue option was automatically a good idea
- translated most of the enemy ship class names (still missing the lanius ship names and other new from AE ship class names)

v 0.13 (1.22.2)
- reflects changes as of Arsenal+ 1.22.2 update, which added a bunch of events and possibly weapons
- translated a bunch of:
   vanilla events (not really, just copied from vanilla and replaced Russian)
   non-vanilla/new events
   Russian names
   enemy ship classes
- reworded a bunch of augments and some weapons
- added a Slipstream Mod Manager description

v 0.5 (1.21)
- reflects changes of 1.21 Arsenal+ summer update, namely
-- new HAL sector
-- couple new weapons as well as rebalance of weapons, drones, crew cost, etc.
-- various changes to various events including more options, chances, and rebalances
- events like terraform, rock slug argument, and others from vanilla restored to vanilla text. note that just because the text is mostly the same, the events are structured a little bit differently, in terms of rewards, prices, damage, etc. so I couldn't just copy the entire vanilla file into the Arsenal+ version.
- translated various other events
- renamed file to English Data
- to do: add in Russian credits, names, and all those other events

v 0.4 (1.20)
- added missing translation on some weapons
- edited grammar on some weapons and events
- translated some (felt like a LOT) of event chains. of those chains they are mostly translated (some of them are quite long)
- translated sector names so now you know what sector you're going into
- reworded system descriptions and names

v 0.3-2 (1.20)
- fixed a missing end description tag. sorry about that...

v 0.3 (1.20)
- turns out I left a few things untranslated, so those were translated, weapons ranging from flaks to light lasers and more.
- changed around some of the chain, basic, burst and few more translations to read better and make more sense

v 0.2 (1.20)
- all weapons and drones (except boss) in blueprints.xml have been translated. there might be more in dlcBlueprints.xml. I doubt it but haven't checked that yet.
- some names have been translated. my fingers got tired after pressing Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V so frequently as there are quite a number of names there.
- still need to polish that stuff, esp. artillery weapons and augmentations.

v 0.1 *** STARTED ANEW DUE TO SPLITTING OF RESOURCE AND DATA FOLDERS (1.20)
- more weapons and drones have been translated, ranging from fire ions to special weapons to beam drones to missiles
- various translation fixes
- still need to translate some more drones and some more weapons
- still need to translate original ship descriptions (non-DLC ships)
- keep on polishing. the Russian version prides itself in how polished it is ;)
- achievements have not been touched yet and events have barely been touched

v 0.7 (1.20)
- translated another chunk of weapons, ranging from chain weaponry to flak to missiles to beams.

v 0.6 (1.20)
- added some dialog to events. crew interaction will let you know which crew is which...

v 0.55 (1.20)
- misc.xml file translated completely, consisting of tips about the new types of weapons
- still need to work out a couple of translation errors

v 0.51 (1.20)
- fixed the issues with the SMM patching failing
- state of misc.xml file unknown. tips about new weapon types are probably still in Russian

v 0.1 - v 0.4 (1.20)
- start sector beacons, some empty beacons, sector 8 main quest starting beacon events
- bunch of "Continue..." 's in place of the Russian ones
- weapons, drones, augs., etc. in blueprints.xml probably 45% done. still need some adjustments
- race types and abilites translated
- DLC ships file fully translated (except for weapons, drones, augs., etc. which are in the base mod)
- first dialog box with crew members while waiting for FTL to charge translated.

Base Resources:
v 1.27.1
- changes from 1.27.x of the original mod

v 1.26.4 v1
- new art and sound for the Lanius Photon weapons, as per WhiteWeasel's request that their assets be removed
- patching "failsafe" added: patching addons before/without the Base mods will not work
- changes from 1.26-1.26.4 of the original mod

v 1.25.3 for FTL 1.6.7
- removed the 'fonts' folder.
--- this sounds like nothing but if you don't update, placing the resource pack after the base data will cause problems as the old font will overwrite the new, and is missing support for some special characters.

v 1.25.3 for FTL 1.6.3
- fixed compatibility errors due to FTL update, namely,
-- changed interlaced image files to non-interlaced, since interlaced image files are no longer supported in new .dat format
-- for some reason, most of the Slig ship images broke. not non-interlaced problem, but to fix these ones I did the same thing, so they should appear correctly as before.
-- changed all mp3 files to either ogg or wav (ogg for music, wav for effects), since mp3 files aren't supported in new .dat format. filenames of new ogg music files indicate quality.
-- without access to changing the new font files, used an existing vanilla font to replace the vanilla font used for weapon 'short' names (visible when you see their icons or on the main HUD) so it is closer to the style it was before, as the vanilla letters are too big and take up too much space. if the vanilla font was left in, the names would need to be shortened, and would make it harder to tell what the weapon is.
--------------
v 1.25.3 v2
- fixed the off-sync errors in the Border Sector music

v 1.25.3
- reflects 1.25.3 update to the original mod:
--- image files for the new weapons introduced
--- fixed a problem with an image causing an animation error on some computers
--- removed an unused image

v 1.25.2
- reflects 1.25.2 update to the original mod

v 1.25.1
- reflects 1.25.1 update to the original mod
- removed some unused images
- added back a translated image

v 1.25
- reflects changes made in the Arsenal+ 1.25 update
-- new images for various weapons
-- new backgrounds and planets
-- changed the background to the secret sector warp
-- new images for the new ships in the 1.25 update
-- other changes I've forgotten about :|

v 1.24.1 v3
- changed a Russian image into English, used in one unique event
- removed some fonts that weren't needed. those fonts make Russian easier to read, but not English. the event fonts stayed because the em dash (—) isn't supported by the vanilla fonts, used in some event texts. the font JustinFont8, used in various tooltips and the <short> weapon tag stayed because it looks fine in those places, and it makes the <short> tag in-game just the right size

v 1.24.1 v2
- bamalf told me I was missing some stuff, and indeed I was!
-- got rid of some unneeded weapons images and three ship images
-- added some stuff like the enemy window and what the distress beacon flair looks like (you know, the thing that pops up, like Store and Repair, here Distress)
-- got rid of the unused order.ogg track
-- added some missing folders
- probably should remove the main_menu image since now the data file contains an updated copy reflecting the version number of the data, but it's there just in case, so that the main menu image is different to begin with. might be removed in a subsequent update.

v 1.24.1
- reflects changes made in Arsenal+ v1.24 and v1.24.1 updates

v 1.23 v2
- bamalf created a main menu screen with my username on it specifically for this mod. thanks!

v 1.23 (again)
- got rid of some extra drone textures
- changed the main menu art to have the correct version number

v 1.23
- reflects changes made in Arsenal+ 1.23 update
- reflects any missing stuff from previous versions

v 1.22.2
- reflects changes made in Arsenal+ 1.22.2 update

v 1.21-2
- weapons folder was apparently not updated, so now it is. the update squashed some bugs...

v 1.21
- reflects changes made in the 1.21 Arsenal+ summer update, namely
-- images of new weapons, drones, and other images
- removed some other russian text images

v 1.0 (1.20)
- removed russian text images that replaced all English images
- initial upload

Ship Pack 1:
v1.15
- manned engines problems with Engi A and Rock C fixed
- artillery room problem with Mantis A fixed

v1.14.2
- better cloak image for The Unicorn/Kestrel C that features its insignia

v1.14.1
- fixed floor alignment errors
- fixed Russst/Slug C crashing the game upon selecting it in the hangar

v1.14
- artillery for all ships can now be bought from stores
- patching "failsafe" added: patching multiple Ship Packs in conjunction will not work

v 1.5
- reduced the Drone Targeting Glitch for all player ships by setting X_OFFSET to 0 and adjusting HORIZONTAL accordingly

v 1.4.1 (1.11)
- gave the 'Black Pearl' ship its proper class, "Mantis Cruiser' instead of 'Mantis', shows up when selecting a ship in the hangar from the list, and also in the ship high score screen for the Black Pearl.

v 1.4 (1.11)
- reflects update 1.11 changes and any previous changes that went unnoticed aka various fixes

v 1.3.7 (v1.8)
- Cryoxite (Crystal A) now has 2 starting power capacity for the drone system instead of 1
- Once (Engi B) should now have the correct secondary drone, which is a regular system repair drone

v 1.3.5 (v 1.8)
- reflects changes made to version 1.6/1.7/1.8 update, namely
-- Frigg+ Mortar is now changed to what it is supposed to be
-- The Unicorn (one of the kestrel cruisers) has its own type of ion blast mk i
-- other changes which I've forgotten :|
- Federation Cruiser Artillery descriptions and tooltips now finalized
- misc weapon description fixes

v 1.2
- reflect changes made to original mod version 1.5/1.6
   - Stealth Cruiser C: new scatter drone
   - Rock Cruiser C: removed door between doors and clonebay (rock_cruiser_3.txt)
   - Orden Cruiser: +1 human
   - Mantis Cruiser B: doors = true, drones = false (stupid mistake, confused the names of systems)
- made some changes to the ship descriptions to make more sense and read better
- changed ship unlock descriptions back to vanilla (probably: there might've been some special cases)
- fixed the Frigg+ Mortar's damage to properly only do hull damage

v 1.1
- reflects changes made to Arsenal+ DLC_SHIPS 1.4
- reworded some stuff, still need to reword some more stuff

v 0.25
- changed "prophets" to "rocks"
- weapon fixes I remember I did, but don't remember specifics

v 0.22
- fixed a grammar issue with the Mini Laser Artillery

v 0.21
- fixed a translation error

v 0.2
- Edited some of the descriptions
- some descriptions are still a little wacky

v 0.1
- Initial translation of DLC ships

Ship Pack 2:
v 1.5(.1)
- fixed a bug in the Interfector that would give you level 2 clonebay when bought even if you only have level 1 medbay

v 1.5
- fixed a bug in the Interfector which prevented engine manning
- patching "failsafe" added: patching multiple Ship Packs in conjunction will not work

v 1.4

v 1.3
- reflects changes to the 1.3 update to the original mod aka various fixes

v 1.0 (1.1)
- initial release

Ship Pack 3:
v1.4

v1.3

v1.2.1 for FTL 1.6.3
- changed interlaced image files to non-interlaced, since interlaced image files are no longer supported in new .dat format, so images should now appear correctly, no missing resource warnings.
-----------------------
v1.2.1 for FTL 1.5
- fixed a translation error on the description of the Zoltan C, "Cherry"

original v1.2 for FTL 1.5
- changed all the artilleries to have a maximum of 3 shots and buffed other areas accordingly --- this was done because of the bug that happens if your artillery fires more shots than there are rooms
- the artillery on the stealth B "Avalon" now has a better description (and was changed as noted above)

original v1.1 for FTL 1.5
- initial release

A- Difficulty:
v 1.8.x
- 1.27.1 main mod updates?

v 1.8
- for all enemy ships, max power capacity of core systems (engines, weapons, shields drones) reduced by 1 level i.e. from max 4-10 to max 3-9

v 1.7
- much better compatibility support for
--- better default rewards
--- removal of bad "augment special feature" events

v 1.5
- added better compatibility for the talk to crew and augment special feature events and changed some things around, via slipstream tags
- removed 'img' folder as the image causes an issue in FTL 1.6, and change replaced with just text
- removed shield charge boosters from the Flagship on harder difficulties as not even regular Arsenal+ has them any more, only A+

v 1.4
- added the new sector into the sector list

v 1.4 -temp (the new sector isn't ready yet)
- augment special features have better chances for good outcomes

v 1.3
- initial release

A+ Difficulty:
v 1.4.x

v 1.4

v 1.3
- removed 'img' folder as the image causes an issue in FTL 1.6, and change replaced with just text

v 1.1 (1.2 redux)
- changed the .rawappend extension of bosses.xml to an .append extension. not sure what this changes tbh

v 1.2
- instead of just rewards in the default destroyed and deadCrew event outcomes being slightly less, auto rewards across ALL events are decreased by 1 level, making it more challenging than before.

v 1.1
- initial release

Infinite:
v 2.1.x

v 2.1
- any player ships that start with level 3 or 4 piloting will be set to level 2 piloting, otherwise, the piloting upgrade progression does not work correctly
- all sectors should now be supported for the pilot upgrade progression
- other event changes to prevent messing with pilot upgrade progression

v 2.0
- now correctly compatible with FTL 1.6.x; old version doesn't display pilot levels correctly

v 2 (1.9)
- added back the nebula event that was missing, with a slight change. requires arsenal+ english 1.1 or higher.
- removed events from the remote sector possible events that simply don't exist at all.

v 1.0 (1.9)
- initial release

Non-Arsenal+ Ship Mod Fix
v1.3

v1.2
- the Chain Vulcan should now should up as the Vulcan Gatling Laser, not a Chain Laser.
- added fixes for vanilla weapons used in artillery systems
- changed the dummy text that appears in the tooltip for the player artillery system from description of artillery beam to something very general. compatible with both FTL 1.5.13 and 1.6 so I won't have to update this again for that.

v1.1
- added fixes for vanilla Charge Laser Mark 1 and 2

v1.0
- initial release

Light Lasers Damage Systems:
(currently unavailable)

v 1.0
- initial release

Arsenal+ Flagship Randomizer:
v-3
- improved Slipstream description for generated mod files

v-2 (1.7)
- fixed bug not letting the executable run
- translated stuff in source/flagship skeleton/bosses.xml

v1.0 (1.7)
- initial release

Arsenal+ Randtrel:
v1.2.1
- patching "failsafe" added: patching generated Randtrel mod files with other Ship Packs (including other Randtrel Ship Packs) in conjunction will not work

v1.2
- initial release
oh cool you at least glanced at the changelogs! :mrgreen:
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:53 am, edited 192 times in total.
bamalf

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation Attempt

Postby bamalf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:53 am

A good start! Good luck with the translation! And thank you for errors found, it will be corrected in the nearest update.
EDIT: I do not understand what you mean, talking about ".ftl.zip", there is just ".ftl"
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 am

bamalf wrote:EDIT: I do not understand what you mean, talking about ".ftl.zip", there is just ".ftl"

yeah I don't know either. I think it's just Mozilla Firefox messing with me, or maybe it's because I didn't have file extensions viewable. Forget about that.

I honestly don't think I'll be able to finish it what with all those events (wow! there are a LOT of events). I'll do as much as I can I guess

Also, the download link is back. I'll be constantly updating the Changelog every time I make some progress on the translation. might not be the best way to do it since I have to upload that 1/4 GB file every time, but I'll just stick with it for now.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:12 am

Maybe you should contact with FearThe Blaziken, he also tried to translate arsenal + viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29385#p101125
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

actually the download link isn't back

when I patch into SMM I get this error.

Patching failed: java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1

darn, I thought my troubles were over. I'm too sleepy to do anything, but I'll keep the download links up there because I don't know why it isn't working so maybe someone can patch it and find out or something

EDIT: I'll try reinstalling SMM and FTL or something. something might be corrupted on my end.
I found this in some other thread on a similar thing:
Are you sure you completely reinstalled FTL? Like, totally removed both FTL and SMM .dat backups and got it again (important to get rid of it all at the same time or the backups may get back in)? No other ideas but corrupted/altered data files.

another thread said:
...try fully reinstalling my game and redownload my mod manager. Maybe dat will help.

UPD:
It worked. Looks like, I've got some wrong game files selected, cuz I have multiple FTLs installed.

can someone let me know if it works for them? then I can tell if it's an issue just for me or if something is wrong with the mod :?

I'll try that in the morning and be sure to backup my saves
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 am

You must use cyrillic windows-1251 encoding with russian fonts, not utf-8.
Image Image Image
Sleeper Service

PSA: I'm terribly sorry!

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:10 pm

@ mr_easy_money:
Uhm it appears I have accidentally messed up your opening post, by clicking edit instead of quote. I tried to revert that edit, but couldn't find the original post in neither my browser history or the moderator logs. I contacted Isla for this to be fixed. Again, I'm really sorry, I hope the post gets restored shortly, but if you still have access to the original post you can also restore it yourself before that. Sorry for the trouble. :oops:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:@ mr_easy_money:
Uhm it appears I have accidentally messed up your opening post, by clicking edit instead of quote. I tried to revert that edit, but couldn't find the original post in neither my browser history or the moderator logs. I contacted Isla for this to be fixed. Again, I'm really sorry, I hope the post gets restored shortly, but if you still have access to the original post you can also restore it yourself before that. Sorry for the trouble. :oops:

erhrm, no, I don't have a draft saved, so I can't restore it myself.

if I edit the page now, will a subsequent restore not work? I can put the download links back up there.

also, if you were quoting me, that means you had something to tell me about something I said ;)

bamalf wrote:You must use cyrillic windows-1251 encoding with russian fonts, not utf-8.

thing is, those two blueprints files are the same and both have that <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> comment. even after selecting encoding --> character sets --> cyrillic --> windows-1251 and repackaging the mod it still doesn't work. going to attempt reinstalling SMM

here is the full error, reinstalling SMM didn't work so I'm going to reinstall FTL, make sure to backup saves

ERROR ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
        at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:75)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:81)
        at java.io.Writer.write(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.write(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:342)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printComment(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:711)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:940)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:113)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printDocument(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:533)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.process(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:191)
        at org.jdom2.output.XMLOutputter.output(XMLOutputter.java:822)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.sloppyPrint(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:165)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities.rebuildXMLFile(ModUtilities.java:297)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:310)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Here are the download links while I wait and see if my main post can be restored
version that works:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xatkf ... lish-G.ftl
version that breaks:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/arjc1 ... G_v0.4.ftl

the DLC ships translation (which works fine and is fully translated. the weapons, however are not and exist in the base mod):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bjuy ... lish-G.ftl

oh yeah, that line 3226 thing was a problem of me putting a comment in between a tag but it was actually line 3228. somehow that wasn't even a problem

I also found out what an UnmappableCharacterException and here's the def:
Checked exception thrown when an input character (or byte) sequence is valid but cannot be mapped to an output byte (or character) sequence.
So basically when an input character can't be mapped to output

so I reinstalled everything, which didn't fix anything. so I looked at the log files of SMM. when I ran the version that worked fine at every file that ended in .xml.rawclobber worked. when I ran the version that keeps breaking, it broke right after events_zoltan.xml.rawclobber.

now I'm not exactly sure what a rawclobber file type is, just that it makes the text raw?? for SMM or something.

I have the feeling trying to fix this issue might take up more time than just trying to re-translate everything again with the version that works fine. but all that progress will go to waste...

thought I should include these:
version that breaks:

INFO  ModPatchThread - Installing mod: Arsenal+1.20 English-G v0.45.ftl
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background hashing finished.
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/achievements.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/animations.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/autoBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/bosses.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcAnimations.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEvents.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEventsOverwrite.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcPirateBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_zoltan.xml
ERROR ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
        at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:75)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:81)
        at java.io.Writer.write(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.write(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:342)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printComment(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:711)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:940)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:113)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printDocument(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:533)
        at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.process(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:191)
        at org.jdom2.output.XMLOutputter.output(XMLOutputter.java:822)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.sloppyPrint(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:165)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities.rebuildXMLFile(ModUtilities.java:297)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:310)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)

INFO  ModsScanThread - Background metadata caching finished.

version that works:

INFO  ModPatchThread - Installing mod: Arsenal+1.20 English-Gtest.ftl.zip
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/achievements.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/animations.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/autoBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/bosses.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcAnimations.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEvents.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEventsOverwrite.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/dlcPirateBlueprints.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_boss.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_crystal.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_engi.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_fuel.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_imageList.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_mantis.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_nebula.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_pirate.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_rebel.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_rock.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_ships.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_slug.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/events_zoltan.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/nameEvents.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/names.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/newEvents.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/sector_data.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/sounds.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/tooltips.xml
WARN  ModPatchThread - Copying xml as raw text: data/tutorial.xml
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "data.dat" (3985421 bytes affected)
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "resource.dat" (446326682 bytes affected)

so there's a problem between events_zoltan and nameEvents.xml? or am I just reading this all wrong.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Your misc.xml file is encoded in utf-8 instead win-1251. Comment <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> in first string is irrelevant.
Image Image Image