TheLoneNerd

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation Attempt

Postby TheLoneNerd » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:01 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
TheLoneNerd wrote:

Code: Select all

~~~
09:21:16.112 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
09:21:16.116 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame - Patching...
09:21:16.116 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
09:21:16.124 [Thread-3] INFO  n.v.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "ftl.dat"...
09:21:17.248 [Thread-3] ERROR n.v.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Patching failed.
java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: x != java.lang.Character
   at java.base/java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.failConversion(Unknown Source)
~~~
To me this looks like Slipstream couldn't even restore the vanilla ftl.dat, otherwise there would be a line "Installing Mod" with the mod's name but that's not even there. I'm not completely sure though, so... have you tried plain patching vanilla or patching any other mods?

if they break too it could be a problem with your ftl.dat backup, which may mean your ftl.dat is corrupted in some way. in that case, the only fix I know would be 1) delete the slipstream backup of ftl.dat labeled ftl.dat.bak in the backups folder and 2) to reinstall FTL. if you need to do that you should make a copy of your profile save and stuff just in case. here's the location if you don't know: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1892

I can patch the vanilla game, I deleted the backup and verified game files through steam. I'm not sure what the issue is though. I'm also getting issues from the modmanager with pulling data from the internet, but my school doesn't like client-server connections if the client cant be recorded as calling for them, and so they reset the connection.

Rapid ninja-edit: I'll try again when I get home, but as of right now, I'm stuck.

Edit 2: okay so, vanilla loads fine, through both steam and the mod manager, but other mods don't seem to work, strangely. I'll see about reinstalling, but I don't know if it will bill me again? probably not. I cleared out my saves before modding, so I'm not losing anything, aside from a single save that just confirms if vanilla works, and is idle from directly after the start dialogue.
MantisManMike

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby MantisManMike » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Hey, this looks like a fine piece of work. Thanks for using my Pretty Shields mod, you absolutely have my permission to use it. :)
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Thank you! :)
Image Image Image
Kuromaru

Postby Kuromaru » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:34 am

Hey guys, this mod is awesome so far that I've played. Unfortunately I've encountered a bit of an issue.

I'm trying to jump to an Order stronghold and my game freezes. I looked in the log and it's almost entirely

Null event creation = LTO

Any help would be appreciated. I've got a pretty good loadout going, and I'd hate to have to start over.

Only mods I'm running are
Beginner scrap advantage
Engi scrap advantage
Better planets and backgrounds
Better asteroids
ARS - Base Data
ARS - Base Resources
ARS - Ship Pack 1
ARS - A- difficulty
Advanced LTO! Patch - Arsenal+
All of the names

So pretty barebones, I don't think there should be any conflicts.

If there's anything else I need to get for you, let me know.

FTL 1.6.9
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 am

Kuromaru wrote:Only mods I'm running are
Beginner scrap advantage
Engi scrap advantage
Better planets and backgrounds
Better asteroids
ARS - Base Data
ARS - Base Resources
ARS - Ship Pack 1
ARS - A- difficulty
Advanced LTO! Patch - Arsenal+
All of the names

It looks like you're missing the Advanced LTO! base mod. The arsenal+ patch is an add-on, requires the base mod.

I don't know if putting in the base mod, will break your current save, hoping it won't. if it doesn't like that you can try just removing the LTO patch.
----

btw I'm glad you like arsenal+ and that you've advanced LTO and all of the names on. means a lot to see people using mods I've made.

currently working on an update for arsenal+, mostly bugfix with a few new things. basically just need to test it and make sure nothing's broken.
Kuromaru

Postby Kuromaru » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 am

Well interestingly, my save broke anyway from testing it with logging, so /shrug.

I'll add the base LTO mod, and see if things straighten out. Haven't had as good a run since, but here's to hoping I can advance.

Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: I haven't seen another order stronghold yet, but man I just went to the ultra unstable zone. That is insanely scary. I had a pretty good build going on, but the high tier enemies one after another totally wore me out.

I noticed asteroid fields are a lot more dangerous now. Also combination battle of red star and asteroid at the same time is murder!

This mod is awesome, really puts a ton back into FTL after the base game gets boring and predictable. Great work bringing it over!

Спасибо Бамалф!
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 am

:roll:
Image Image Image
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:44 pm

An encounter that I assume was supposed to spawn an enemy drone-based ship didn't spawn anything.

I read through the event text quickly and only realized something was wrong afterwards, so I don't remember the text that well for you to Ctrl+f. A key word present in the event text was "silhouette"; it was about the silhouette of a ship coming maybe out of the nebula, and it having drones instead of weapon. No ship actually spawned though.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:An encounter that I assume was supposed to spawn an enemy drone-based ship didn't spawn anything.

I read through the event text quickly and only realized something was wrong afterwards, so I don't remember the text that well for you to Ctrl+f. A key word present in the event text was "silhouette"; it was about the silhouette of a ship coming maybe out of the nebula, and it having drones instead of weapon. No ship actually spawned though.

thanks, seems I updated that event incorrectly, without thinking commented out the most important line.

will be fixed in the next update. I know I said that I'd release an update but I was busy past two weeks... this week I hope to release it.
fiestaman

Postby fiestaman » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:02 am

Hi! Wow, I just discovered this mod and it is absolutely amazing. Seeing as this mod is still actively maintained, I figured I'd throw out a request to incorporate the Shiny UI overhaul (viewtopic.php?t=25839) to the mod, which is by far the best UI I've found. Either way, thanks for an incredible mod!