[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation Attempt

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

v 0.7 of the Arsenal+ base mod English Translation and v 0.25 of the DLC ships is rolling out!

this update translates more weapons into English, so that you can know what it is you are using or what's in the store

note that I have changed the download into one file in .7z file format. this requires 7-zip which is free. instructions on this posted on the top/main post

I did this to make the overall download size smaller, which makes it easier to obtain and upload
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:22 am

Perhaps better to divide mod on 2 parts: graphics and texts, like the CE?
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:17 pm

bamalf wrote:Perhaps better to divide mod on 2 parts: graphics and texts, like the CE?

yes that sounds like a good idea. since I'm translating, it's mostly just the data folder and translating all of that. splitting it up into two would mean you wouldn't need to download the resource folder unless it gets updated, which will probably only need one last update.

this would seriously cut down the file size. don't have time at the moment to test this.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:45 pm

I know this is a bit early to ask questions about this mod, but is there CE content in here? I'm seeing a lot of their sprites in here but I can't tell what they do because they aren't translated.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:08 pm

I split the main arsenal+ base mod into 2 folders, one the resource pack, the other the data that uses the resource pack. I did this so that you only have to download the resource pack when it updates, and it will only get updates either if bamalf updates the original Russian mod as well as that I need to update the metadata.xml file (lets you know what the mod is in SMM).
I also did this because the Arsenal+ 1.20 English file (not the resource pack) is not even 1 MB so it will be very easy to update.

elijahdb wrote:I know this is a bit early to ask questions about this mod, but is there CE content in here? I'm seeing a lot of their sprites in here but I can't tell what they do because they aren't translated.

Seems like it. I noticed this when I went through translating the weapons and found there was both CE and Insurrection material in there. Not sure how they got permission (if they got permission :? ), but since I'm not the one that made the content of the mod, you'll have to ask bamalf.

bamalf wrote:*snip*
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:20 pm

I did not have any permissions, sorry for this :cry:
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 am

updated the Arsenal+ 1.20 English Translation mod to version 0.2!

translated the rest of the weapons and drones in blueprints.xml, so everything should be translated there. stuff ranging from scatter weapons to effectors and other ion weapons to beam drones. I believe there's some other stuff too, I just forgot the specifics... :|

also translated some names to add some flavor to your crew.

the download is less than 1 MB so it should be really easy to get it even if your connection sucks.

stay tuned for more!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:43 pm

turns out I actually didn't translate all the weapons (except for boss) in blueprints.xml, so those have all been translated.

also fixed some of the translations for the chain, basic, and burst lasers and other weapons to read better and make more sense.

there's also some weapon called Plazmomet... yeah... I couldn't find a translation for that so I left it that way. you'll notice it's a plasma weapon though so maybe it's just called that :?

that's all for now, so the download link has been updated to version 0.3 :)

(i'll probably follow a kind of 0.1 ... 0.9, 0.10, 0.11 kind of order to give plenty of space unlike what I did last time giving random update numbers (0.2, 0.25) because then what would I do when it got to 0.9 when the mod isn't ready at all, (which it isn't, because there are a ton of events left to translate. I've not even scratched the surface of events. I've made a tiny press in there but that's all...)

stay tuned for more updates!
Ryuu

Postby Ryuu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:39 am

mr_easy_money wrote:there's also some weapon called Plazmomet... yeah... I couldn't find a translation for that so I left it that way. you'll notice it's a plasma weapon though so maybe it's just called that :?

Плазмомёт is a made-up(though common for sci-fi games) composite word: "plasma" + "throw", so literally Plasma Thrower, but can be left as just Plasma gun.

In case you need help from native Russian with good English level - sign me up :).

I still play FTL, but don't use mods, so more frequently can be found at ftl wikia or reddit.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Just take original names of the same weapons from CE mod :)
Image Image Image