[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
fishstrats

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby fishstrats » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:05 am

Don't mind me, just popping in to say I really appreciate this mod and all the work that went into it. I can tell it was quite the undertaking! Cheers
twinotter

Postby twinotter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

I'm working my way through all the Arsenal+ ships on hard mode and just had to share this ironic shot I took in a Mantis Homeworld sector.

ConPlays

Postby ConPlays » Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 pm

For some reason the mod stops loading at, like 99% for a few minutes and then freezes the entirety of linux. I'm pretty sure I installed everything right, but just to make sure, what should the load order be?
EDIT: I fixed it, it was ship pack 1.
EDIT 2: Now whenever I start a new game, the game crashes...
Digganob

Postby Digganob » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm

Bug Report: The boarding drones seem to take asphyxiation damage, which obviously causes some big problems when they're trying to destroy an empty system room, because they will die before they can destroy anything.
zigma9114

Postby zigma9114 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:59 am

Is there any plan to translate the Hyperspace version of Arsenal+?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 am

zigma9114 wrote:Is there any plan to translate the Hyperspace version of Arsenal+?

Sorry for the late reply. I was planning to reply some days ago but I wanted to spruce up the mod's forum page before hand. I'm now finding that will take much more planning than I originally anticipated. :roll: Among other things I want to get a complete mod order that tells you what you can and can't use, place Credits at the beginning which completely mitigate confusion of what's whose, and reorganize the gallery so you can see more of what's added through in-game screenshots.

But to answer your question, yes, it is currently in progress. It has been "in progress" for some time now, but recently I've been thinking that I really ought to make it happen, for its own sake.

After the previous updates to the mod I was pretty burned out from modding in general. It made me want to avoid FTL altogether for the longest time, and I invested my time elsewhere. And in that time, multiverse has grown extensively and hyperspace along with it. And I must admit, I was envious of how big multiverse has become, and sad at how little I have helped it, when I could have. Dejected, I avoided FTL, again. But recently, I've seen some of my favorite streamers play multiverse 5.0. I never really touched the mod before, but just playing some and seeing the code, it has all these features we always wanted in a mod. And initially, I was as dejected as ever. And I must be clear here, arsenal+ even in hyperspace, has not matched the extensive use of hyperspace in multiverse, particularly in the departments of crew, hidden augments and ship unlocks. So who could want to play arsenal+, when you have multiverse?

But now I've come to realize that the past, is the past, and the future, awaits. And to say there aren't any fans of the mod, who will play the mod for the mod even still, is just not true at all. The wonderful people who have supported me by playing this mod, and said encouraging things of my translation, despite my lack of advertising it, probably at the very least ought to see the mod through its updates. Although, there hasn't been much development of new sectors in these upcoming arsenal+ updates either, mostly because the original mod devs have been quite busy with their own jobs. But I will say that apart from my renewed interest in modding FTL and seeing arsenal+ english through the russian updates, I have plans of adding more content on top. This includes the use of more hyperspace features such as unlocks and hidden augments, the rebalancing of most of the player ships so that they are more usable yet still fun to play, some lore additions and possibly work with bamalf and make the new race sectors a reality. And there is one more plan which I will not reveal yet. Suffice to say that I have been inspired to make an addon involving arsenal+ ;)

In the meantime, I started this github page with what is now long ago, but recently I updated it and any new updates I push onto the page you can track the progress there: https://github.com/blizzarchon/arsenal-plus-english