[WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:54 am

You know I am almost very tempted on asking to do a bit of a collaboration with you.
Some of those weapons look quite great. I especially love the M.A.D. it looks similar to my scindere beam
Image.. also out of curiosity but how did you make those animation gifs so well? When I tride to make a gif all the transparenty areas were solid and also it took me a bit of effort to get the thing to work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:45 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:You know I am almost very tempted on asking to do a bit of a collaboration with you.
Some of those weapons look quite great. I especially love the M.A.D. it looks similar to my scindere beam
Image.. also out of curiosity but how did you make those animation gifs so well? When I tride to make a gif all the transparenty areas were solid and also it took me a bit of effort to get the thing to work.

I would want to collab if I have dedicated time to doing this modding, but sadly it's just random free time that I have now and then that I can do this, so it's not reliable xD

My secret for making the gif clean is putting a background layer with the same color with this forum background color. The trick is to NOT leave any transparent pixels in the final gif, because gif will only recognize 0% and 100% opacity, never in-between (if there's a 1% opacity pixel, gif will change it to 100% opacity).
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:56 pm

The CE mod has some "light weapons" which only damage crew members with 1~3 shield piercing. Check that out ;)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Auron1 wrote:The CE mod has some "light weapons" which only damage crew members with 1~3 shield piercing. Check that out ;)

Hey I played it so I knew about those! >:3
And that also why I feel like the Sonic Boom would be too OP if it pierce all shield and at the same time OHKO everything except rockmen xD
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 pm

GianTell wrote:Hey I played it so I knew about those! >:3
And that also why I feel like the Sonic Boom would be too OP if it pierce all shield and at the same time OHKO everything except rockmen xD

Not as much as you think: most anti-crew weapons use 1~2 power bars , unless it's some special version which you can find in Endless Loot; also, they usually have a short reload time.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Auron1 wrote:
GianTell wrote:Not as much as you think: most anti-crew weapons use 1~2 power bars , unless it's some special version which you can find in Endless Loot; also, they usually have a short reload time.

> most anti-crew weapons use 1~3 power
> most anti-crew weapons pierce 2~3(1~2) shield bubbles
> most anti-crew weapons deals 15~60 personnel damage in total
> most anti-crew weapons have 10~18 cooldown

Based on those, if there's an anti-crew weapon which deals 105 damage each shot, which way above the one in CE which pierce 2 shield bubbles, deals 60 crew damage, cause breach and fire, require 3 powers; then surely 4 power bars are the minimum. The difference even laid bare:
60 vs 105

And the fact that that much damage would cause OHKO also another reason why the requirements have to be higher to balance it out ;3
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:50 am

GianTell wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:You know I am almost very tempted on asking to do a bit of a collaboration with you.

I would want to collab if I have dedicated time to doing this modding, but sadly it's just random free time that I have now and then that I can do this, so it's not reliable xD

My secret for making the gif clean is putting a background layer with the same color with this forum background color. The trick is to NOT leave any transparent pixels in the final gif, because gif will only recognize 0% and 100% opacity, never in-between (if there's a 1% opacity pixel, gif will change it to 100% opacity).

About the same here. I am sort of working on a weapons pack sort of to go with a "portal themed" enemy that looks sort of like what aperture would do if they have made an Ai ship, with Mantis (men) on board as the crew (based of the experiment gone wrong of inserting mantis DNA into test subjects and stuff.)

But anyway, I've got some weapons in the works and some of yours look quite similar.
Image (Combustible Lemon Launcher)
Image (Combustible Lemon Bomb)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:53 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:About the same here. I am sort of working on a weapons pack sort of to go with a "portal themed" enemy that looks sort of like what aperture would do if they have made an Ai ship, with Mantis (men) on board as the crew (based of the experiment gone wrong of inserting mantis DNA into test subjects and stuff.)

But anyway, I've got some weapons in the works and some of yours look quite similar.

:D
I guess you will need more in-between frames for smoother animation.

Which ones from mine looks familiar tho..? (btw I swear I'm not trying to mimic yours :cry: )
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:09 pm

GianTell wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:About the same here. I am sort of working on a weapons pack sort of to go with a "portal themed" enemy that looks sort of like what aperture would do if they have made an Ai ship, with Mantis (men) on board as the crew (based of the experiment gone wrong of inserting mantis DNA into test subjects and stuff.)

:D
I guess you will need more in-between frames for smoother animation.

Which ones from mine looks familiar tho..? (btw I swear I'm not trying to mimic yours :cry: )

Hahaa, in all my time making weapon animations this is the first time I had an issue of needing more frames! :lol: Usually all my animations are spot on (well sometimes I got it off by 1 pixel or so on one of the frames and it messes stuff up or I mess up at the animation coding)

Anyway, The Exploda and Sonic look the most similar in terms of colours and style to these but I do not care if you are inspired from them if you even know they existed before.
The way I mod FTL is I encourage others to use or share my resources if they want to.
I often make type B and C colours for some ships as well as bring back the old rebel ships- if people want to use them they can! That's partly the reason I made them
I made a ballistics weapon mod and I do not mind if people use the sounds and the art style to make their own ballistic weapons!
I have made some ships left and right and I do not mind if people use them. If they credit my name into it is fine. I didn't expect you to look at my weapons before as those portal weapons were only posted deep in FTL forums awhile ago and nearly on one knows about them.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:52 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Hahaa, in all my time making weapon animations this is the first time I had an issue of needing more frames! :lol: Usually all my animations are spot on (well sometimes I got it off by 1 pixel or so on one of the frames and it messes stuff up or I mess up at the animation coding)

Anyway, The Exploda and Sonic look the most similar in terms of colours and style to these but I do not care if you are inspired from them if you even know they existed before.
The way I mod FTL is I encourage others to use or share my resources if they want to.
I often make type B and C colours for some ships as well as bring back the old rebel ships- if people want to use them they can! That's partly the reason I made them
I made a ballistics weapon mod and I do not mind if people use the sounds and the art style to make their own ballistic weapons!
I have made some ships left and right and I do not mind if people use them. If they credit my name into it is fine. I didn't expect you to look at my weapons before as those portal weapons were only posted deep in FTL forums awhile ago and nearly on one knows about them.

Most of my weapons consist of at least 20 frames xD (and most of them are for smoothing up charging animation)

I see.. I'm glad to hear that! x) maybe I'll get more inspirations from your mods later~ :D