[MOD] Ship Customizer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
notaffiliated
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby notaffiliated » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello. I just downloaded this mod and am only running this, the CustomShip addon, and the CrazyShips addon. I'm noticing that my game crashes out when I hit certain nebula beacons. I'm inclined to think there's an event that's supposed to happen there that is messing with my game. Are there any known issues/fixes I should be aware of?
Rizz
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 am

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby Rizz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 am

In addition to the crash that some specific event in the nebula causes that the previous poster mentioned, I also can't seem to get level 4 mind control to do ANYTHING when using crazy ship. I can select a room to use the mind control on, but the only thing that happens is the SFX that occurs on a successful mind control. Sometimes the target will switch places with another enemy on the same ship. Doing this doesn't activate a cooldown on the mind control -- it's as if it was never used.

I've validated the mods and confirmed they're implemented in the correct order. I've had other mods activated before, but even with only _mod and _Addon_CrazyShip patched, these are still the same results.
IXXIAIXXI
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby IXXIAIXXI » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:18 pm

I can confirm that mind control level 4 does indeed not work. As if the duration is 0 seconds and the recharge is also 0 seconds.

The reason some nebula beacons crash is probably ion storms. I've noticed that more than 30 power (if I recall correctly) will crash the game in an ion storm. It's when some power bars have their blue effect like a system does when disabled. The CrazyShip addon would probably benefit from either removing ion storms like the Potential does, or not going above 30 power, whether by reactor or backup battery (or a combination of the two, as that will also make the game crash).

I do believe hacking must be level 5 to last infinitely, level 4 lasts 0 seconds. Probably a good idea to allow level 5 hacking in the CrazyShip addon.

I'm not sure if any level of mind control makes it infinite, but I don't know that much about it.

Hopefully this helps.
sul
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby sul » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks so much guys for reporting those glitches and sorry I didnt check the forum in a long time. I updated the addon (see main page) with the following:
- removed all ions storms (replaced with nebulas) when using the CrazyShip Addon. The crash due to the reactor+battery being above 30 should therefore be avoided, but if this happens again please report it may be that I omitted some events (e.g. in Captain Edition etc...).
- upgraded mind control and hacking to level 5. I tested mind control and indeed it would sometimes fail, however it was at level 5 instead of 4 for me which is weird. In addition I didnt have any problem with hacking. Since the addon is very experimental I will just leave it that way but I now put a disclaimer on the page. Since the systems can act very randomly maybe try to use them again or power/depower to another level that suits you. I also managed to mind control 4 guys at the same time this morning so it made my day :D
sul
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby sul » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:25 am

notaffiliated wrote:Hello. I just downloaded this mod and am only running this, the CustomShip addon, and the CrazyShips addon. I'm noticing that my game crashes out when I hit certain nebula beacons. I'm inclined to think there's an event that's supposed to happen there that is messing with my game. Are there any known issues/fixes I should be aware of?

notaffiliated if you ever use those addons you always need to patch the ShipCustomizer.ftl mod before. Those addons only add some content to the base mod.
Timthefire
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 10:48 am

Re: [MOD] Shipcustomizer_CE_addon missing

Postby Timthefire » Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am

I know this sounds really dumb but where is the captain edition addon
sul
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: [MOD] Shipcustomizer_CE_addon missing

Postby sul » Tue May 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Timthefire wrote:I know this sounds really dumb but where is the captain edition addon

It isnt an addon, just the mod (and each of its addons) is compatible with captain edition. When the Ship Customizer menu opens all CE content (weapons, drones) is listed at the bottom under the blue option. If you have CE installed the content will show up, if not it will just be an empty list. Glad you tried the mod !
Dragon of Shadows
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 am

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby Dragon of Shadows » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:47 am

are you planning on updating this mod?
sul
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby sul » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:56 am

Dragon of Shadows wrote:are you planning on updating this mod?

i dont know, regarding the items the mod has pretty much everything you can get from the game. But if there are suggestions or requests on other aspects why not. One thing that could be improved is the design for the enemy ship that shows up when opening the menu. Maybe make it look like an interface, then switch the background to a ship hangar or something. But thats a lot of work I dont really have time for, much harder than just changing the code. Another thing I always wanted to figure out is how to downgrade ships (for example reset systems, remove some weapons,etc), it would have opened so much possibility for modding but dont know if the devs ever put that feature.
stargateprovider
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Subspace

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby stargateprovider » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:34 am

sul wrote:
Dragon of Shadows wrote:are you planning on updating this mod?

i dont know, regarding the items the mod has pretty much everything you can get from the game. But if there are suggestions or requests on other aspects why not. One thing that could be improved is the design for the enemy ship that shows up when opening the menu. Maybe make it look like an interface, then switch the background to a ship hangar or something. But thats a lot of work I dont really have time for, much harder than just changing the code. Another thing I always wanted to figure out is how to downgrade ships (for example reset systems, remove some weapons,etc), it would have opened so much possibility for modding but dont know if the devs ever put that feature.

You can remove items since 1.6 with <remove name="BLUEPRINT_NAME"/>, but I think the item must be equipped and not in the cargo if you want to check for it. Additionally, you can remove all equipped weapons/drones by forcing (not offering any alternative event choices) the player to reinstall the system with <system name="systemBlueprintName"/>.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests