[MOD] Ship Customizer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

Re: The menu does not appear the option to customize the ship.

Postby sul » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:55 am

loige wrote:Hey. 1) and 2) Work | 3) and 4) It's like 1) . My ship is not like in the hangar in 2) [without weapons and systems, like ship customizer wasn't activated, as in the print ]. The ship customizer does not appear in the first event. Instead of this CE menu appears.

ok thanks for the update. So I guess what probably happened is they patched CE recently with a new name for the starting event, so the ship customizer doesnt append to it anymore. Need to sleep right now but I'll check it soon .
meklozz

Re: The menu does not appear the option to customize the ship.

Postby meklozz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 am

sul wrote:
loige wrote:Hey. 1) and 2) Work | 3) and 4) It's like 1) . My ship is not like in the hangar in 2) [without weapons and systems, like ship customizer wasn't activated, as in the print ]. The ship customizer does not appear in the first event. Instead of this CE menu appears.

ok thanks for the update. So I guess what probably happened is they patched CE recently with a new name for the starting event, so the ship customizer doesnt append to it anymore. Need to sleep right now but I'll check it soon .

Works just fine for me, mod order:

Code: Select all

FTL Captains Edition 1.292.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.293.ftl
SHIPCUSTOMIZER.ftl
SHIPCUSTOMIZER_ADDON_CE.ftl

More likely it's either corrupted file, or a problem with the patching process somewhere. I'd suggest re-downloading everything, and making absolutely sure the mod order is correct.
sul

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby sul » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Meklozz is right I also checked. Be sure to download all latest versions and patch carefully like Meklozz suggests, hope it finally works for you.
loige

Postby loige » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks for the support guys. I find out the problem. I didn't know you could click and drag the order of mods (I thought it was to activate one by one). Sorry for the confusion, I feel bad for that, my mistake.
sul

Postby sul » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:42 am

A new version of the ship customizer is out. There is a now a main view and faster browsing so its more fun to customize, enjoy.
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Hey great mod! A couple of things would make it even better:
  • show a faint image of what each empty room in the ship could be if the system was installed
  • allow to increase the slots for example allow 4 drones or 4 weapons
  • save/load purchase configuration somehow, is it possible? :)
sul

Postby sul » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:09 pm

tinyrodent wrote:Hey great mod! A couple of things would make it even better:
  • show a faint image of what each empty room in the ship could be if the system was installed
  • allow to increase the slots for example allow 4 drones or 4 weapons
  • save/load purchase configuration somehow, is it possible? :)

Thanks for the suggestions tinyrodent. Well there are some limitations unfortunately because the menu works as a single event that loops to himself. So 1) and 3) are not really possible, the only possible thing is to restart each time to test a new configuration. I try to improve faster browsing all the time so you can quickly test your config, and I suggest you use the FastOpen add-on (it saves 10 seconds which is reeally nice after a few restarts). However 2) is possible and a very nice idea, I'll work on it right now :D ! If you have 4 weapons and 4 drones slots I will be too big too fit on screen, so how about having 3 possible configs to choose from: 2 weapons/4 drone slots, or 3 weapons/3 drone slots, or 4 weapons/4 drone slots ?
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:40 pm

sul wrote:1) and 3) are not really possible, the only possible thing is to restart each time to test a new configuration. I try to improve faster browsing all the time so you can quickly test your config, and I suggest you use the FastOpen add-on (it saves 10 seconds which is reeally nice after a few restarts). However 2) is possible and a very nice idea, I'll work on it right now :D ! If you have 4 weapons and 4 drones slots I will be too big too fit on screen, so how about having 3 possible configs to choose from: 2 weapons/4 drone slots, or 3 weapons/3 drone slots, or 4 weapons/4 drone slots ?

Yeah that would be great! I looked at the modding possibilities, the only thing I could imagine for 1) was maybe to watermark the shield image, so that the purpose of each room could be seen underneath. But it's not a good solution for many reasons. :(

In the spirit of your suggestion however, perhaps there could be a new menu item "install all systems" so that a player can see which room for each one, and if he likes the layout, restart and buy the systems desired.
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Is another add-on required in order to make CE paid items?
sul

Postby sul » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 pm

tinyrodent wrote:Is another add-on required in order to make CE paid items?

Not at this time with the new version I am working on, havent got time to fix that yet probably soon. You can use instead the old version and CE add-on from 05/23/2016 with all paid items.