////////////////////////// Ship Customizer Mod //////////////////////////
This is a mod that allows to customize and test your ship at first beacon, with access to all systems, crew, weapons, augments, drones, etc. Like BioHazard nicely said: "I can see this helping a lot of people who want to build a ship of their own but not having a clue on how to." This mod is compatible with FTL Advanced Edition and with (almost) all other FTL mods, it will just modify the first beacon.
- Customize your ship at first beacon with any crewmember (including ghost), weapon, drone or augment from the game.
- Install or upgrade any system even beyond maximum number of systems.
- Customize starting resources: fuel, scrap, missiles, droneparts and hull damage.
- Optionally build your ship on a budget at regular game prices with the Ship Balancer (included in the mod).
- Test your Setup with customized fights with the Ship Tester (included in the mod).
DOWNLOAD LINK (updated 10/01/2018): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpj9srqtu8e2e ... r.zip?dl=0
////////////////////////// Instructions //////////////////////////
1.) Install with Slipstream Mod Manager (unzio ShipCustomizer.zip, put every .ftl file in the mods folder): http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17102
Patching any other mod (Captain Edition, FTL Insurrection, any overhaul, ship gear, graphics or ships mod...) then the ShipCustomizer_Mod
Make sure you have last FTL version 1.6.7.
2.) Start the game and select the Ship Customizer Option. You receive the "Ship Customizer Beacon" augment and loose all fuel.
3.) Wait on the star map. Call either the Ship Customizer, Ship Tester or Ship Balancer.
- Using the Ship Customizer, customize every aspect of your ship. Exit when finished.
- Using the Ship Tester, choose an enemy ship to challenge in a customized fight. You can always cancel fights.
- Using the Ship Balancer, build a ship entirely at regular game price. Start from a barebone ship (Install addon, see below) for this. The limited scrap helps you build a balanced ship.
4.) Keep waiting on the star map to improve and test your ship. To begin regular gameplay, wait and select "Start Game". You will get some fuel and remove the "Ship Customizer Beacon" augment.
5.) The Ship Customizer is compatible with some major FTL mods (see list below). If one or several of those mods are installed, their items (weapons, drones, augments) will also be available from the blue option at the bottom of the Ship Customizer menu (if not installed the pages will just be blank). This can be useful to get or mix items from those mods on your starting ship, but does not affect the mods in any way after first beacon.
Arsenal +: viewtopic.php?t=29891
Captain Editions: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15663
FTL Insurrection: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=360
C&C Weapons Pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27573
Crystal Cataclysm: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24317
GianTell's Armament: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29873
Go Ballistic !: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic. ... +ballistic
Impulse Weapons Co: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29471
Nono's Weapon pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28901
Sleepz's Weapon pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29048
RAD-82's Weapon pacK: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25968
All mods are in the Master-Mod List: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26619
6.) You can install the Ship Customizer Mod along with Addons for a different gameplay. All Addones are included in the downloadable .zip file and must be patched after the Ship Customizer Mod:
- Barebone Ship. Start with an empty ship (no systems, no crew) to build it entirely. The starting crewmember is present for technical reasons, you may dismiss it when finished. Necessary for using the Ship Balancer menu.
- Unmanned Ship. Start with no crew. Systems will repair automatically but it is advised to equip the "Slug Gel" augment for breaches. You can still get crew but wont loose the game if they die. Always ensure you have either no crew or more than one crew (because loosing the last remaining crew on an unmanned ship can crash the game).
- Some systems (for example artillery) are only available on ships that support them initially. Artillery installation is glitchy and may prevent game from saving properly.
- For technical reasons (opens the menu faster) the "Emergency Respirators" augment is not available with this mod and removed from all ships.
- You may find the Ship Customizer start game option latter in game at the beginning of Civlian Sectors. This is a minor technical issue that doesnt affect playing, if it happens just disregard the message.
- Biohazard made a nice couple of runs using the ship customizer (version around 05/23/2016). This is with an older version of the menu with different entries but you can get the idea. Plus nice run Bio !:
////////////////////////// Update History //////////////////////////
Code: Select all
09/29/2018:added separate start game option to finish customization and get fuel. Next update should be in a while.
09/28/2018:added Balancer and modified the Addons for compatibility.
09/23/2018:added Ship Tester, improved hull for Ship Customizer. Added support for Arsenal+.
10/06/2017: removed ion storms (replaced by nebulas) when using the CrazyShip Addon to avoid crashes. Mind control and Hacking upgraded to max level 5.
12/02/2016: added content from other mods, merged several add-ons.
11/23/2016: added Main view, increased browsing speed, and made every item free. Made everything free for captain edition and FTL Insurrection, increased browsing speed. Next update should be in a while.
05/23/2016: added prices for captain edition add-on and fixed compatibility with add-on.
05/22/2016: changed starting scrap range from 500 to 1500 scrap. 1500 is enough for beginners, and winning the 500 scrap challenge (I did) gives you bragging rights. Changed some text.
05/20/2016: fixed shields price to 125. Fixed drone control price in stores. Added Captain Edition content Add-on and unmanned ships add-on. Changed some text. Separated starting beacon from civilian sectors beacon. Added 9999 scrap option.
0/09/2016: removed oxygen in initial ships, modified shields price in stores.
05/09/2016: Initial submission.
10/29/2018: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok7kqyi6tf2mh ... r.ftl?dl=0 (previous More Reactor Addon)
10/29/2018: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivgxqvrplfnzy ... s.ftl?dl=0 (previous Crazy Systems Addon)
(09/29/2018): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpj9srqtu8e2e ... r.zip?dl=0
(12/04/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpj9srqtu8e2e ... r.zip?dl=0
(12/02/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p91m4ms6v735i ... r.zip?dl=0
(11/23/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf5mzjalyowhx ... R.ftl?dl=0
(05/23/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad4hlx5ejffwy ... R.ftl?dl=0
(05/23/2016 add-on): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1urrmdsmgnfky ... E.ftl?dl=0
(05/27/2016 add-on): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm30vdcjaulqx ... K.ftl?dl=0