////////////////////////// Ship Customizer Mod //////////////////////////
This is a mod that allows to customize and test your ship at first beacon, with access to all systems, crew, weapons, augments, drones, etc. Like BioHazard nicely said: "I can see this helping a lot of people who want to build a ship of their own but not having a clue on how to." This mod is compatible with FTL Advanced Edition and with (almost) all other FTL mods, it will only modify the first beacon.
- Start with a barebone ship, some scrap and customize it entirely.
- Choose from any weapons, drones, augments or crewmembers (including ghost) from the game.
- Install any system, even beyond maximum number of systems.
- Customize starting resources: fuel, scrap, missiles, droneparts and hull damage.
- Go for either a balanced ship (around 800-1200 scrap), an overpowered ship or very weak ship.
- Test your ship in controlled fights before game start.
- When finished, start regular game.
DOWNLOAD LINK (updated 28/04/2019): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jacd2cqyujxij ... d.ftl?dl=0
////////////////////////// Instructions //////////////////////////
1.) Install with Slipstream Mod Manager: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17102
Patch any other mod before the Ship Customizer Mod
2.) Start the game and select the Ship Customizer Option. You receive the "Ship Customizer Beacon" augment, choose a starting scrap and loose all fuel.
3.) Keep waiting on the star map to improve and test your ship.
4.) To begin regular gameplay, select "Start Game" then confirm. You will loose the SCB augment and can no longer access the Ship Customizer.
5.) The Ship Customizer is compatible with some major FTL mods (see list below). If one or several of those mods are installed, their items (weapons, drones, augments) are available (if not their menu pages are left blank). These mods are not modified in any way after first beacon.
Arsenal +: viewtopic.php?t=29891
Captain Editions: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15663
FTL Insurrection: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=360
C&C Weapons Pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27573
Crystal Cataclysm: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24317
GianTell's Armament: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29873
Go Ballistic !: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic. ... +ballistic
Impulse Weapons Co: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29471
Nono's Weapon pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28901
Sleepz's Weapon pack: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29048
RAD-82's Weapon pacK: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25968
All mods are in the Master-Mod List: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26619
6.) You can install the Ship Customizer Mod along with Addons for a different gameplay, to be patched after the Ship Customizer Mod:
- Unmanned Ship. Start with no crew. Systems will repair automatically but it is advised to equip the "Slug Gel" augment for breaches. You can still get crew but wont loose the game if they die. Always ensure you have either no crew or more than one crew (because loosing the last remaining crew on an unmanned ship can crash the game).
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2njbzelftc4m ... p.ftl?dl=0
- Some systems (for example artillery) are only available on ships that support them initially. Artillery installation is glitchy and may prevent game from saving properly.
- For technical reasons the "Emergency Respirators" augment is removed with this mod.
- Biohazard made a nice couple of runs using the ship customizer (version around 05/23/2016). This is with an older version of the menu with different entries but you can get the idea. Plus nice run Bio !:
////////////////////////// Update History //////////////////////////
Code: Select all
17/04/2019: nicer menu
17/01/2019: start with a barebone ship by default and pay for items.
09/29/2018:added separate start game option to finish customization and get fuel.
09/28/2018:added Balancer and modified the Addons for compatibility.
09/23/2018:added Ship Tester, improved hull for Ship Customizer. Added support for Arsenal+.
10/06/2017: removed ion storms (replaced by nebulas) when using the CrazyShip Addon to avoid crashes. Mind control and Hacking upgraded to max level 5.
12/02/2016: added content from other mods, merged several add-ons.
11/23/2016: added Main view, increased browsing speed, and made every item free. Made everything free for captain edition and FTL Insurrection, increased browsing speed. Next update should be in a while.
05/23/2016: added prices for captain edition add-on and fixed compatibility with add-on.
05/22/2016: changed starting scrap range from 500 to 1500 scrap. 1500 is enough for beginners, and winning the 500 scrap challenge (I did) gives you bragging rights. Changed some text.
05/20/2016: fixed shields price to 125. Fixed drone control price in stores. Added Captain Edition content Add-on and unmanned ships add-on. Changed some text. Separated starting beacon from civilian sectors beacon. Added 9999 scrap option.
0/09/2016: removed oxygen in initial ships, modified shields price in stores.
05/09/2016: Initial submission.
10/29/2018: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok7kqyi6tf2mh ... r.ftl?dl=0 (previous More Reactor Addon)
10/29/2018: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivgxqvrplfnzy ... s.ftl?dl=0 (previous Crazy Systems Addon)
(09/29/2018): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpj9srqtu8e2e ... r.zip?dl=0
(12/04/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpj9srqtu8e2e ... r.zip?dl=0
(12/02/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p91m4ms6v735i ... r.zip?dl=0
(11/23/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf5mzjalyowhx ... R.ftl?dl=0
(05/23/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad4hlx5ejffwy ... R.ftl?dl=0
(05/23/2016 add-on): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1urrmdsmgnfky ... E.ftl?dl=0
(05/27/2016 add-on): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm30vdcjaulqx ... K.ftl?dl=0