[SHIP] The Druuge Mauler

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Srul

Re: [SHIP] The Druuge Mauler

Postby Srul » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:37 pm

stylesrj wrote:Seriously? You sold the big, powerful gun that can go through all shields, do 5 points of damage and a hull breach on impact? Not only that, it's too fast for drones to shoot down (even the SMPK defence drones can't get a bead on it)

And now you're saying the ship is weak and boring? Gee I wonder why.

Guns that pierce shields are uncool. Breaches are uncool too. And beams have better DPS (if you use them properly unlike me). I just need a flak and basic laser to win the run (probably).

Btw, next post is reserved for some more screenshots of this both GLORIOUS and awful run!
Srul

Postby Srul » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:53 pm

So, i've got some cool weaponry

And i've got 720noscoped by a single lanius...

Won't sell mauler cannon thing next time, then.
gg wp
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Guns that pierce shields are uncool. Breaches are uncool too. And beams have better DPS (if you use them properly unlike me). I just need a flak and basic laser to win the run (probably).
Btw, next post is reserved for some more screenshots of this both GLORIOUS and awful run!

The Halberd Beam however becomes effectively useless after Sector 3, especially if you're relying on it as your sole weapon.
Just like in Star Control, the Mauler is like a sniper rifle. It's designed for a precision strike at the enemy ship (in Star Control, it can probably destroy the enemy easily while in FTL, you follow up with some more dakka as the shields are down).
So it has some late-game utility as it can even be aimed. The Artillery version cannot and might not hit the system you need.

Won't sell mauler cannon thing next time, then.
gg wp

Remember, it's not the Trump Ship. The main weapon actually is useful (the secondary cannons are not as much and can be sold once better guns come along)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 28, 2016 8:02 am

And now... Version 2!
It looks the same as Version 1 but I've solved several issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y422h ... uge_V2.ftl

It can now take slaves in CE, the guns are louder and the Mauler Artillery uses a custom image so when you swap weapons it doesn't look awkward on the side of the ship.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 30, 2016 7:07 am

stylesrj wrote:And now... Version 2!
It looks the same as Version 1 but I've solved several issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y422h ... uge_V2.ftl

It can now take slaves in CE, the guns are louder and the Mauler Artillery uses a custom image so when you swap weapons it doesn't look awkward on the side of the ship.

ahh... slaving everything and looting stuff. I am a nerd, but in FTL I am a looting, slaving GANGSTA PIRATE!!!

GANGSTA RAP!!
da-da da, da!
Enslaving crew!!!
da-da da, da!
Looting civvies!!!*
da-da da, da!
Pirating ships!!!
da-da da, da!
GANGSTA RAP!!!

*civvies: slang for anything civillian e.g. civillian clothes, people and in this case ships.

{ :evil: - thats not a gangsta rap.
me: what do you expect from a NNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD }

apologies. my subconsciousness is very bad to me these days.I also am sorry for my (failed(?(I don't know if gangsta raps are like the one I did... :roll: ))) approximation of a gangsta rap.

whatever.
PIRATES BRO!!!

brofist!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016