Burst Laser III Mod?

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
elijahdb

Re: Burst Laser III Mod?

Postby elijahdb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Gidoza wrote:Hi, everyone,

I'm just curious if there are any mods out there that have been developed that make the Burst Laser Mark 3...well...not awful. :/ I guess a similar question could be asked about the Heavy Laser Mark 2.

Anyways, the follow-up to this is whether they would be compatible with FTL: Captain's Edition?

Thanks!
-Gidoza

Believe it or not, Captain's Edition itself made the Mark III with only three power and it shoots four lasers. You'll find it on the Federation Cruiser type A.
As for the Heavy Laser II... I haven't seen a mod yet that make a good replacement.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 pm

That's because HL II is a perfectly good weapon, it's just not a shield breaker.

And technically, CE's BL III is more of a new weapon, with the old one just renamed to IV.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:22 am

I feel like this is exactly the mod you're looking for: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Rather awkwardly when done incorrectly, I can say that with confidence after watching a bunch of streams and videos. This'll link back to a post where I helped someone get the ordering set up just right.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:59 pm

It's not exactly an easy process, is it? I've been procrastinating updating the Install Instructions for too long, and it's starting to bite me. The rule is simple enough though, in that you should never combine Total-Conversion-class mods, because bad things can and will happen. Things like CE, Insurrection, A Strange New Galaxy...

That mod order was for the use of the Polish Kit alongside CE, instead of Insurrection. If you're wondering about things that only appear in Ins, then I've integrated them within the CE patch itself so players don't miss out. If you need anything more specific, I'll be happy to lend a helping paw.