[SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 am

Emperor Trump has commanded you, Federation citizens to deal with this terrorist threat calling themselves "The Rebellion."
He'll lend you his custom-built Trump Ship to perform this task, so get to it. He needs the threat dealt with so he can get back to building a Dyson Sphere around the Federation and have the Slugs pay for it!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5f89 ... hip_V4.ftl
(Replaces Federation A)

Features:
Trump Missiles! Totally not wasteful Leto missiles in the slightest!
A Trump Bomb! use his charisma to destroy the enemy in a loud explosion!
Artillery is the Apprentice Bomb. Fires 3, crew-killing projectiles that will set the enemy ship on fire half the time and has a tiny chance to breach the hull due to the feedback. Also does 2 points of system damage, so you can get through shields. (Replaces Federation Artillery so you can do all those Captain's Edition events as a high-ranking cruiser... and get through asteroids with one of his cutting remarks!)
Steak Bomb! Lobs a Trump Steak at the enemy which stuns them in place for some time so you can probably get the artillery strike in. Careful when shooting it at the enemy though. It'll poison your crew as well as the enemy on impact. Just like a real Trump Steak.
Do I need to explain why the Oxygen system is Level 3 and big?
No medbay or clone bay. If you want healthcare, you gotta pay for it like everyone else.
And many more! There's even an inspiring speech by Trump that'll certainly get your crew's blood pumping!

Notes:
This is meant to be taken as a joke. I'm Australian, mate!
I might make more of these political ships? How about a Hillary Cruiser or an Abbot Boat (although that might be turned back)
This ship is sort of complete and sort of not. If you want more features, let me know. I just made this for a laugh.

Credits:
Sleeper Service for Captain's Edition. (The sound for the Trump Bomb comes from one of the weapons used in it)
Metzelmax for A Strange New Galaxy (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14896) (The Steak Launcher uses sounds from one of the guns used in it)

Older versions:
V1:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bs6g0 ... mpship.ftl
V2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/aawx9 ... hip_V2.ftl
V3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/du62k ... hip_V3.ftl
Last edited by stylesrj on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
SgtFrog

Re: [SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Postby SgtFrog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:33 am

I'm thinking a Bernie ship: Upgrading your systems are super-cheap (free or reduced college costs for everyone!), but you get 60% less scrap (hey, money's gotta come from somewhere, usually in the form of taxes).
sul

Postby sul » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:19 am

That ship is hilarious great work !
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 am

mate you got it all wrong. you should have given him two leto missiles to represent his tiny tiny fingers, and two weapons that do nothing but have absurdly loud explosion sfx to represent the fact that he's all talk without any real substance to it #make donald drumpf again
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:42 am

NarnKar wrote:mate you got it all wrong. you should have given him two leto missiles to represent his tiny tiny fingers, and two weapons that do nothing but have absurdly loud explosion sfx to represent the fact that he's all talk without any real substance to it #make donald drumpf again

Holy crap that is brilliant!
Just so you know, I made that ship in under an hour. So hence why there's nothing too special about it over other ships.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 am

I'll probably do some minor tweaks but here's some highlights of my Trump Run with the Trump Cruiser.

Which means I need to establish some ground rules for a Trump Run:

1) Humans only! The Engi is fine (he's an immigrant but he's a hardcore Trump supporter) but you can't hire any more immigrants. You must have hard-working Federation Humans under your leadership!
2) Keep the Oxygen system powered up to max. Why? Why do you think eh?
3) Hoard as much scrap as you can. Emperor Trump loaned you that ship for a million scrap. You gotta pay him back!

Any other ideas, let me know because I wanna do a video and I want to do it Trump style because I really have no idea how Trump operates. Then again, I'm pretty sure no one does either.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:00 am

Ok, I spent WAAAAY too much time on what was supposed to be a quick joke.

Here's version 2 for more accuracy on Trump:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aawx9 ... hip_V2.ftl

Comes with two TRUMP Missiles and two Trump Bombs. Both are very powerful, and very deadly weapons that shouldn't be misused.
Also has some really neat augments.

I'll get around to the Quote Mine Artillery in Version 3 if I ever bother.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:27 pm

When doing a Trump Run, Rockmen are also discouraged. Being highly religious, they're probably Cruz supporters.

(Please don't ban me or this thread)
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:38 pm

A Bernie Ship, with Shield Piercing Fire lasers and Fire bombs. I personally like to #feelthebern
isla

Postby isla » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Did you share this with the folks over at the FTL subreddit? If not, please do. This is amazing.