[Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v08]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Dimmrfrost

Re: [Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre

Postby Dimmrfrost » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Gencool, thanks a lot, and these ships are good job anyway! Especially this eerie DS-TR 13.
Gencool

Re: [Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v02]

Postby Gencool » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Mekz;

Yeah, got both in one.

The double choice thing seems odd, but it kinda works;
If you try to reap crew right after killing off the entire enemy crew, you have a 100% chance of getting 1 new shadow, and then like a 50% chance of getting a second and a 10% chance of maybe getting a third.

If you reap crew from a non-elimination event (i.e. empty beacons, mid-fight events, or any choice *after* the initial crew wipe), it's only a 10-15% chance of gaining new crew.

With boarders it's a little different, as it depends what type of boarders you're facing.

Dimmr; Thankyou! Always love hearing that my insanity is appreciated =D

Also, minor-ish update; I put a bonus ship in the pack the other day, and I just uploaded a minor balance update for it. Enjoy!
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm getting a 'Failed - no file' error right now.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:30 pm

My fault, had a lowercase letter by mistake.
Should work now, thanks for the heads up!
ImageImageImage
sul

Postby sul » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 am

The DS-TR 13 and the Siphon have the Faster Crew Move and Vaccum Healing modified augments, right ? I am so proud someone reuses those ideas, and in very clever ways ! The engi boarding in the Siphon balances well the overpowered Vaccum Healing, and the Shadows moving at the speed of light, well thats just badass.
Edit: Ok I get it, the healing artillery in the DS-TR 13 will hit a random room, so with the Faster Crew Move you just have time to move your crew there and receive it.
Last edited by sul on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 am

Hey you added a cargo ship with isolated rooms?

What's worse; the cargo hold can't be vented without permission from HQ, so you'll have to improvise against boarders.

"By the way Samus, you can't use your Varia Suit without my permisssion."
"But Adam, I'm going into a lava zone!"

Is the Captain of the Stowbud that dedicated that even as they're about to die, they'll never open those doors under any circumstances?

I know it's nitpicky and it's supposed to be a flimsy justification as to why the doors don't open but wouldn't a better explanation be something like I dunno... the cargo is extremely important to the war effort and that the intel you need to deliver is inside, so venting out the hold means you'll lose everything important, so you have to improvise against intruders...

Because the idea that you need permission reminds me too much of Other M (despite not playing it. I just know about the whole Varia Suit thing...)
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 am

Sul: Yes! Thankyou for finding those values, as those ships are some of my favourites.
I put you in the list of thanks, but probably should have given you more of a heads up? Sorry about that!

Styles: Oh man. Why. WHY.

See, I'm fairly sure there's a thing where high-risk haulage companies have external locks on their shipping containers.
If I remember right, their locks are operated remotely by head office, so that they can only be opened at the start/end of the journey, or during an emergency.

As bad as 'I can't override the company locks' is as an excuse, I think it's better than the realisation of 'wait, why didn't anyone think to tie down the cargo?'

But now that you've compared it to Other M, something has to change.
Maybe - Maybe rapid depressurization of the cargo is the issue, rather than just it flying off into space.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm

If I remember right, their locks are operated remotely by head office, so that they can only be opened at the start/end of the journey, or during an emergency.

Like during a full-scale Rebellion and delivering intel safely to Federation Command.
Then again, Capatain Kzzkcaclick who took over from the last guy who died might not be up-to-date on the regs and probably would cut open the lock at the next planet or station to find what the meatsacks were doing back there.

As bad as 'I can't override the company locks' is as an excuse, I think it's better than the realisation of 'wait, why didn't anyone think to tie down the cargo?'

Because paper and ropes don't exist in the future. It's why you can't tie up prisoners. Heck locks shouldn't exist according to Captain's Edition considering when you get Rebel POWs, they can somehow get guns from your armoury and attack you.

But now that you've compared it to Other M, something has to change.
Maybe - Maybe rapid depressurization of the cargo is the issue, rather than just it flying off into space.

See, you get things done if you compare it to a bad game :P
As for what's so important about the cargo? Who knows, the player can make up a story that they're hauling artichokes and migrant workers.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Someone on Reddit did question why the boxes would need a medbay...
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Gencool wrote:Someone on Reddit did question why the boxes would need a medbay...

Replace the medbay icon with a bunch of wavy lines to represent a freezer?
But why does a freezer heal? Ice cream!