[Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v08]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: [Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v08]

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:20 pm

I'm intrigued by how you managed to give ghost crew a different appearance from human crew. Can I get permission to integrated a modified version of your shadow sprites into Captains Edition to have AI avatars there appear distinct too?
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Ha, I wondered if you'd ever see that.

Sure, go for it, I think somebody else already has anyway.
There may be a few bugs in the outcome (sylphs possibly being overlayed onto NPC humans), though, so be warned.

Also, if you're interested, I have a variant Sylph sheet from my unreleased Crew'D update which, honestly, I don't know if I'll ever finish anyway...

The benefit of this sheet is that the outlines exactly match default humans (except for the teleport/death effects), so issues with NPC overlays should be minimised
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks again, this made me really happy! Great work with the sprites, really love the death anim. And they even can have portraits now! (Still need to clean some stuff up)

Gencool wrote:The benefit of this sheet is that the outlines exactly match default humans (except for the teleport/death effects), so issues with NPC overlays should be minimised
Yeah, I got rid of that for CE entirely when we integrated parts of Crew-D, in order to enable layers with different outlines. If I recall correctly CE uses a generic glow layer to show selection instead, similar to Crew-D disks.
pepesilvia

Postby pepesilvia » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 am

Hey man, huge fan of your work. I'm probably super late to the game, and I imagine people don't check this forum too much anymore, but I thought I'd give it a shot! I've always been more of a lurker on this forum, but I made an account just for this request. :D

I'm working on a personal mod (for my use only) and was wondering if you could post the assets you used for the DS-TR 13 ship you designed (all would be good, but specifically the .png of the ship, custom floor, the cloak pattern, and the broken glaive weapon).

Did you use customized gib assets to create the ship?

Thanks in advance for your help.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:04 am

pepesilvia wrote:I'm working on a personal mod (for my use only) and was wondering if you could post the assets you used for the DS-TR 13 ship you designed (all would be good, but specifically the .png of the ship, custom floor, the cloak pattern, and the broken glaive weapon).

well, the assets are already contained inside the file, just gotta open it up.

1. rename .ftl extension to .zip
  2. extract .zip
  3. go inside the folder, then inside the 'img' folder.
    • inside the 'ship' folder you'll find the ship, custom floor, cloak, and gib images.
    • inside the 'weapons' folder you'll find the broken glaive.
    • inside the 'customizeUI' folder you'll find the mini-ship image.
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:35 am

Looks great, almost like smaller NPC ships. Sometimes I wonder if Cruisers should have a "scaring" option where the first time the ship hull is 0 if you have teleporters/improved engines/ cloaking device you could "Scuttle" the ship and return to it with some of it missing. Sort of like the phase 2 of the flag ship.

Also I am looking for ways to replace the Rebel flagship with say a flag ship of a different race. Say like a Mantis Battle Barge or a Engi Carrier. But then again that would be a large ship and would also require 3 ships (stage 1, stage 2, stage 3).
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?