[SHIP][AE] Obsidian Bomber: The Paragonyx [v03.2]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Re: [SHIP][AE] Obsidian Bomber: The Paragonyx [v03.2]

Postby Gencool » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Styles:
Ooooooh. See, this is the problem of not playing CE very often, I never knew about the last phase's augments...
Yeah, it'l get 2x ion fields. II'l swap the order for th enext release so it gets Drone Boost instead.

Fire wise, this ship starts with no fire-starting weapons. It's all hull breach. Plus the augment's efficiency has been dropped dramatically to stop it becoming over-powered on the player ship...

Narn:
That's interesting - I hadn't heard that, but to be honest my mileage has varied.
I spent a lot of time in MTE setting up the new artillery, and I had it firing every 10 seconds to test it quickly, and then at well over a minute when trying to balance it.

Currently the primary system fires roughly 1.5 times for every 1 secondary fire, assuming you leave both at 1 power.

Weirdly, both systems will use the same floor image. This means v001 and v002 looked a bit shoddy, but with the stacked-systems of v003, I had a bit more luck.
Thing is, the floor images are very slightly transparent, so having two overlayed actually made it a solid image. To fix this, I just set the floor image to 75% transparency.

One thing i'm not sure on is whether both systems get given the same level - my primary is set to 3, and secondary was set to 6 to try and give it extra buffering, but from a fire-bomb test it seems to also be at level 3.
Thing is, I also changed the artillery cap to 3, which may have capped the second system. Requires more testing.

Fun thing; if you stick two Zoltans in that room, it fully powers both systems!
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:28 am

Styles:
Ooooooh. See, this is the problem of not playing CE very often, I never knew about the last phase's augments...
Yeah, it'l get 2x ion fields. II'l swap the order for th enext release so it gets Drone Boost instead.

Fire wise, this ship starts with no fire-starting weapons. It's all hull breach. Plus the augment's efficiency has been dropped dramatically to stop it becoming over-powered on the player ship...

CE is the only thing that's really stuck with me as FTL: The FTL-ing Expansion. I'm sure there are other game-changers out there but CE is the most popular and most likely to be comboed, so it helps to know the little sneaky tricks it does to ruin my game experience :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:33 am

Well I did a run in CE with the CRAZE craze:

https://youtu.be/E7-EcUW_-pc

Be sure to watch the ending, or if you don't want to watch a 2-hour video, just skip to the last 15 minutes or something. Hah, you'll see.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:37 pm

stylesrj wrote:Well I did a run in CE with the CRAZE craze:

https://youtu.be/E7-EcUW_-pc

Be sure to watch the ending, or if you don't want to watch a 2-hour video, just skip to the last 15 minutes or something. Hah, you'll see.

Well, in the video, the artilleries fired at different times. I guess I was wrong!
TheBoss

Postby TheBoss » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Very nice ship it has a downside thou when you are in suns it sometimes hurts your ships :D
sul

Postby sul » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:11 am

Gencool, that is a really nice ship design once again !
I have a little favor to ask you. I am finishing a sandbox/cheat menu and i'd like you to design a ship layout for the "scramble ship" that spawns and opens the menu. I have no talent for that, for now I use the auto-scout layout which is lame. The ship doesnt do anything special, it just cloaks before the menu opens. I guess this shouldnt take too much of your time, but im sure that would give a really nice and unique artistic touch. If your in i will fill you more details, thanks in advance. The mod is right here if you want to check: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29104&p=99981#p99981
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:10 am

This mod has some slight UI issues with the latest versions of FTL. So I've made a small update that fixes said updates.
Here it is

Also, the restart button is back. No way to remove it now, just don't restart the game. You'll need to go back to the hanger for a restart.