(SHIP) The Thunderbolt "HARD MODE ON"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
CrypticNekoFTW

(SHIP) The Thunderbolt "HARD MODE ON"

Postby CrypticNekoFTW » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:33 am

Welcome Guys, and thanks for checking out my first ever (uploaded) ship, I tried to make this ship look somewhat like "The Kestrel" and made some background lore for it, I wanted to make a ship that was a "classic" cruiser for the federations (like the T model from ford?). It took me relatively a short amount of time, take in mind there's still a lot of things to be fixed and updates, I've been thinking taking the detail on the hull to the next level by adding some "rust" throughout the ship to make it look like an "old" ship.
Since the start of the creation of this ship, I wanted to make this ship to have a "Image experience" by getting rid of the shields (there's also another download for a "Thunderbolt" with shields), and it makes FTL have another gameplay aspect. Of course you could buy some shields at a store or something or install the Shield Edition (AKA Image EDITION) but playing with no shields makes the game a lot more harder.
The clonebay is mean't to be used each time a crew member dies, your only mission is to get your hull to survive throughout your journey, also this ship is meant to be played on the mod "Captain's Edtion" as it adds a lot of new augments which will make the "Image" mode a bit more tolerable, it also improves FTL overall!

Since the start of the creation of this ship, I wanted to make this ship to have a "HARD experience" by getting rid of the shields (there's also another download for a "Thunderbolt" with shields), it makes FTL have another gameplay aspect. Of course you could buy some shields at a store or something or install the Shield Edition (AKA "EASY" EDITION) but playing with no shields makes the game a lot more harder.
The clonebay is mean't to be used each time a crew member dies, your only mission is to get your hull to survive throughout your journey, also this ship is meant to be played on the mod "Captain's Edtion" as it adds a lot of new augments which will make the "HARD" mode a bit more tolerable, it also improves FTL overall!

ImageMediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dvfqe ... lthard.ftl
ImageMediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t10wl ... lteasy.ftl

Captains Editions (not mine, credits for all the creators):
viewtopic.php?t=15663

So yeaaah...
I also added a little poem on the ship description cuz idk it felt good to do it.
About bug fixes and stuff to fix or add:
- The Guns (They are hidden within the ship)
- Clonebay not available on the ship when you start at the Image mode
- Get some better hull details (like rust and some other stuff)
- Add some better floor textures
- Get better positioning of the ship (on the game screen)
- Add Gibs!

And that's pretty much it for the next things I need to work on!

To Install this mod just download your preffered choice Image or Image and then just go ahead and download Slipstream mod manager viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102 (not mine either), just go ahead and unzip the mod manager and place the folder on this directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light" afterwards just go ahead and place your "Thunderbolt" mod into this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6-Win\mods" then open the "modman" application and choose the mods like this:

Now open your FTL game and enjoy!

THANKS FOR DOWNLOADING/CHECKING OUT MY SHIP!
stylesrj

Re: (SHIP) The Thunderbolt "HARD MODE ON"

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Sounds like something I'd want to fly... die and then not fly again.
But at least a recording might be made about it :D
CrypticNekoFTW

Re: (SHIP) The Thunderbolt "HARD MODE ON"

Postby CrypticNekoFTW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 am

Sounds Good man :D