Custom Ship Slot Swapper

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
meklozz

Custom Ship Slot Swapper

Postby meklozz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 am

Something I made a while ago, but it works for all the ships now.

It's meant to move the custom ships you want to the slots you want them in; don't like the federation cruisers? With this, you can make your favourite custom ships replace them.

You can use multiple ships that originally go to the same slot, too.

Some screens:
http://imgur.com/a/DOFj5

IMPORTANT!
Use up-to-date version of Slipstream Mod Manager, at least 1.5.

Mod order:

ShipSwapStart
Your Custom Ship
ShipSwapTargetSlot
Your Custom Ship
ShipSwapTargetSlot
Your Custom Ship
ShipSwapTargetSlot
etc.

Place this whole mod (all the files listed above, including your custom ships) where you would normally place your ships in regard to your other mods, so most likely at the very end of your list. Try not to put any mods in between these files, generally, one ship mod = one ShipSwap mod (not including the Start one, which I haven't found a way around using).

If you want to use a custom ship and keep it in it's original place, you can put it before or after all of the above, but make sure you don't have a corresponding ShipSwapTargetSlot active, or it may overwrite your ship even if it's set earlier in the mod order.

This is especially true for mods with multiple ships, which will not work properly alongside this mod in any other way.

You don't need, and probably don't want to copy all the files from the 'ships' folder, just ShipSwapStart and the ships you want to be replacing.

Download Link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18243056/ShipSwap.zip

Dropbox says something about expiring public direct links in 2017, so also:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aapsfjerw1d35zo/ShipSwap.zip?dl=0

(This is an archive, you need to unpack it to get to the .ftl mod files.)
Last edited by meklozz on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Anduqwer

Re: Custom Ship Slot Swapper

Postby Anduqwer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 pm

You will go to hell for not releasing this sooner.
With all seriousness you made my dreams come true with this mod.
Also the post could use with some clarifying since its not obvious what the mod does at first read (the images are a big help in fixing that).
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 pm

So let me assume this...

Most people when designing a ship use the Kestrel A slot.
What this mod essentially does is move this ship to a different slot without having to go into the custom ship mod's files and changing it there?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Yes, that's what it does. I know my ability to describe things sucks, but I did think the screenshot would make it fairly clear...

Anyway, it's meant to work with normal ship mods, so if a ship does something else like switching systems or weapons rarity to 0, I have no way of fixing that for the others. Also, AE switch button is probably useless if you switch the ships between type C's and lanius and A/B etc.

But yes, that's what it does.
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:52 pm

This is a great mod meklozz. Props :)
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:50 pm

Catfishking666 wrote:Where do I get the target slot I seem to have missed it or something?

Should all be in the archive, subfolder ships, the target is something like ShipSwapEngiA.ftl if you want to move the ship to engi A slot. But honestly this is old, game's been updated a few times so something might have broken, and I think hyperspace mod is probably a better solution to having many many ships installed at the same time (but I'm not sure if the ships need to be adjusted to work with it or not).