[MOD][Challenge] Sensory Deprivation[v06]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
meklozz

Re: [MOD] Sensory Deprivation[v04] (Halloween!)

Postby meklozz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:03 am

Artillery image still shows up.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but why are you trying to separate manned/unmanned, especially if we're talking scrubbed rooms? Isn't 4/2 tile a bigger problem, since it would mess with the manning (and images if not used with the scrubbing)? And you should be able to find that out based on the number tag and adjust accordingly, or even change all but the -2s to 0 or 1?

@edit
Also, some way to make teleporters not go into 4 tile rooms. That would undo all your hard work toward this whole being evil thing.

@edit2
Some player ships appear to have their system direction and tile number somewhere else, like the kestrel's engines... And the amount of empty rooms on the player ships make it somewhat less effective, too (I think your mod:composite only switches the rooms if they're both occupied with systems). It does seem like more trouble than it's worth, since you can always just use it with a custom ship you don't know or even a random one.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Heh, I actually went a bit crazy there. May have just gotten home from a tiki lounge *shrug*

Iunno, I had other ideas, I'm sure it could be worked out, but it's not worth it really.

Two things I know I need to update are artillery rooms and teleporter pads (gonna make them visible when powered down in the base mod, and totally gone in Scrubbed)

I really wish Slipstream could cross reference values. Like find the weapon used by the artillery and use that value in a new search.
I had another idea that could use it with beacons, but alas it's not to be.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 am

Hmmm

So this is how my system categories currently stand:

Ship
Pilot, Engines, Sensors, Doors, Battery, Drones

Life support
O2, Medbay, Clonebay

Offensive
Weapons, Artillery, Teleporter, Mind Control, Hacking

Defensive
Shields, Cloak

It's arguably accurate, but slightly unbalanced.

I think I might switch it up, like so;

Ship Support System
Pilot, Engines, Sensors, Doors, Battery, Shields

Combat Oriented System
Weapons, Artillery, Hacking, Drones, Cloaking

Crew Management System
O2, Medbay, Clonebay, Teleporter, Mind Control

Is this too reductive?
ImageImageImage
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:45 am

Or you could just throw piloting and engines to defense and merge life support with ship/internal? Hard to say.

Hey, Core mod now gets rid of the enemy computers, is that on purpose? Kind of harsh :?

I've also noticed something curious, I wonder if you did this on purpose or just an awesome side effect - when you get rid of the clone bay image, there's still a sort of glow effect when it's reviving someone, makes it look like there's a ghost in there or something. Spooky.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Yeah, I stated the lack of computer somewhere, I think - it's something I was going to do originally and forgot, and it means you have to pay closer attention to the crew movements and adds an extra level of memory/deduction.
It means Auto Ships are more of a pain, I guess, but they have fewer rooms and systems so it seems like a fair trade.

Next pack will include ClassicImages and ClassicDescriptions, though, for those who want the slightly easier option.

Oh and yeah, I left the clone gas image in 'cause I figured it would be cool. They also have proper clone animations which it's really difficult to see with the smoke there, so scrubbed should be interesting.
ImageImageImage
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Ok, now this I like:

Ship Management System
Pilot, Engines, Doors, Battery, (Sensors)

Combat Oriented System
Weapons, Shields, Cloaking, Hacking, Artillery

Life Support System
O2, Medbay, Clonebay

Crew Supplement System
Drones, Teleporter, Mind Control

With hacking it won't be immediately obvious which manned system is which, and there's enough rare/interchangable systems in each ship that you shouldn't be able to immediately guess from the tooltips alone - you'll need to watch the ship and it's crew.
I mean, it'l still be fairly obvious once a ship starts using its systems, but it seems a little more balanced to me.
ImageImageImage
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Right, updated:

Code: Select all

v05 reclassifies the systems into 'Ship', 'Combat', 'Life Support' and 'Supplement' in order to re-balance hacking.

Life Support is unchanged, while Ship handles Subsystems and Engines, Combat combines most of the Offensive and Defensive systems, and the new Supplement class holds systems the bolster crew; Drones, Mind Control and Teleporter.

Enemy Ship Manning Stations have been re-installed.

The pack also now contains two Tweak Packs to undo these two changes.

Scrubbed Senseless has been fixed include Artillery System floor images, and both Scrubbed and the Core Mod have been updated to deal with Teleport Pads.

The reinstall is mostly to avoid re-packaging FTL assets.
ImageImageImage
meklozz

Re: [MOD] Sensory Deprivation[v05] (Halloween!)

Postby meklozz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't think you actually removed the blank enemy pc images from v5.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Well I sure am a mess ^^

I just turned my PC off as well cuz I have to head home for a few days, so it won't get picked up for a while.

Player clonebay gets removed alongside enemies, and it's more important that they don't have it than players do. Or did I actually get rid of them? It's all a blur :P

[edit] Sod it, it's a small fix and my PC's beastly enough to power up in like 10 seconds. Fix'd
Hopefully this is the final update ^^
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:18 pm

So is there any way to make the sector you're jumping to a lot vaguer? Like make all the icons purple and have a ? for what they're called? So you don't know if you're ending up in a Slug nebula or not.

Also, perhaps there can be an overlay for rooms so that when drained of air, you don't know if that room is drained or not. Then again, I'm so used to the red hazard stripes that if the alternative Oxygen indicator was used, I wouldn't know if the room was safe or not (to me, light red is low oxygen, icon or not. This can be costly).

Speaking of which, evasion and oxygen levels? Can they be made vague or is it hardcoded with specific numbers? Maybe those stats could be covered up then in the UI.
And fires too! Instead of roaring red flames on the ship itself, maybe they could be coloured white to blend in with the floors so you have to find them through keen observation and by sound (to let you know there's a fire onboard)