[MOD][Challenge] Sensory Deprivation[v06]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD] Sensory Deprivation[v05] (Halloween!)

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:45 pm

stylesrj wrote:So is there any way to make the sector you're jumping to a lot vaguer? Like make all the icons purple and have a ? for what they're called? So you don't know if you're ending up in a Slug nebula or not.

Also, perhaps there can be an overlay for rooms so that when drained of air, you don't know if that room is drained or not. Then again, I'm so used to the red hazard stripes that if the alternative Oxygen indicator was used, I wouldn't know if the room was safe or not (to me, light red is low oxygen, icon or not. This can be costly).

Speaking of which, evasion and oxygen levels? Can they be made vague or is it hardcoded with specific numbers? Maybe those stats could be covered up then in the UI.
And fires too! Instead of roaring red flames on the ship itself, maybe they could be coloured white to blend in with the floors so you have to find them through keen observation and by sound (to let you know there's a fire onboard)

And I thought I was going over the top by asking for the removal of terminals and interior images. :lol:
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:
And I thought I was going over the top by asking for the removal of terminals and interior images. :lol:

Hey it's not pure torture until everything has been deprived :P
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't think you can change the icons to another color, but it should be possible to make them all generate sectors randomly, whatever the color.

Other stuff should just be a matter of changing the images to empty/filled with background for evasion, although oxygen might still show a shade of red, just without the bars.
Gencool

Re: [MOD][Challenge] Sensory Deprivation[v06]

Postby Gencool » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:21 am

Yo! So today I took a break from taking a break from modding.
I was getting exhausted.

Just uploaded v06 - it has 'Secluded Sectors' which removes sector names when you're jumping from an Exit Beacon.
You still get to see if sectors are Civilian, Hostile or Nebula - I couldn't change that and, well, that's probably for the best.

I also added 'Speckless Specs' which is something I was chatting to Bio about on his let's play. It's just a little less info from the Ui, y'know?

OH also there's a new Title Screen card, and an extra one for CE users too (so that noone is left out in the credits).

Think that's about it.

Ohnowait here's a short gallery of some gifs from Bio and Ani's Let's Plays - To be added to in the future I hope.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:39 am

Just uploaded v06 - it has 'Secluded Sectors' which removes sector names when you're jumping from an Exit Beacon.
You still get to see if sectors are Civilian, Hostile or Nebula - I couldn't change that and, well, that's probably for the best.

There's nothing in the image files that can be altered like changing the colours of the dots or putting an overlay?
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 am

Not that I could find, no - a lot of stuff (especially simple gemoteric stuff) is rendered by the engine.
Annoying, as I also really wanted to remove the power-bar slots on weapons.

Trust me though, try the Sector jump with that add on, you'll be glad for the colours.

OH SHOOT I forgot your run in the gifs! Will get on that tomorrow (it's currently midnight here)
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:52 am

Gencool wrote:Not that I could find, no - a lot of stuff (especially simple gemoteric stuff) is rendered by the engine.
Annoying, as I also really wanted to remove the power-bar slots on weapons.

Trust me though, try the Sector jump with that add on, you'll be glad for the colours.

Next up is the invisible fires and hull breaches. Heck you could change the icons for lack of O2 to a full white/grey spread so you don't know if the place has air or not. Although I think little red lights appear if a room is in danger.

But if they don't, then you check for damages and hover crew in a room after you hear the respective sounds of hissing or flames. Or have it for a more "Hardcore" Sensory Deprivation because if regular isn't masochistic enough...

OH SHOOT I forgot your run in the gifs! Will get on that tomorrow (it's currently midnight here)

Eh it's fine. I was planning on another run this weekend. Although probably without all the randomisers for an easier game.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 am

Heh, wanna talk masochistic? You guys don't know why I started making this mod; I wanted to make a mod where the Mantis were invisible when idle, walking or attacking.

Anyways, enough giving me ideas - I have work tomorrow.

Edit: Added some gifs from your run. Some of my favourites ^^
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:48 am

Well Katatonik did another run:

https://youtu.be/Fbj3hPxcgMU

Although I'm not sure if the video will be shown as there is a special song in the middle.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Oh man, I loved that run! First sector was inspired.
"I have to board enemy ships and find out whether or not I entered the right room" - brilliant
ImageImageImage