[Ship][AE] Custom Arwing [v2.1]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Re: [Ship][AE] Custom Arwing [New: Adventures!]

Postby Gencool » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:54 pm

BOOM.

New update;

More info on the front page.

It's kind of a rush job, but I'm fairly sure it's stable. I'm now officially taking a break.

Please make sure you place the pack after the ship in your mod load order.

There may be spoilers for the missions after this post.

(Edit: for the record I didn't take a break, played through a few times and released 8 patches. Today I'm staying off the PC)

Enjoy!
Last edited by Gencool on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:57 am

I downloaded your Arwing mod and it felt that some sort of sorcery was involved , magic stuff!!!
How are all these things you made possible ! It takes some time to get used to these things but it's an entirely new game mode . Amazing . You have a unique logic built in your mods .
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:31 am

Can I get my run with the Arwing put on the OP?
I mean Katatonik's run. I want everyone to see the failed assassination attempt on that Mantis' life :lol:
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 am

Done! (Sorry, dunno how I forgot to do that)

Pliou- Merci! Too kind. Glad you enjoyed it. Did you try Adventures, or just the ship?
ImageImageImage
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:08 pm

I downloaded the adventure patch along with the ship . I can say few things ! I was shooting some empty rooms because of the relocated room images . The quests provided by the store are really cool . I played with the mantis presets . You placed nice clear sounds .The stacked rooms is a nightmare for me . I once tried to put all systems in one room . Very funny ! But 4 rooms with autorepair is acceptable . Very unique !

edited - deleted some spoilers and wrong assumptions . On second thought I deleted most of it since gencool saw my thoughts .
Last edited by PLIOU on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Hmm, did you have the Adventures after the Arwing in the load order?

Unfortunately you can't shut down powerless drones, but it seems a fair trade to having them even when your system's broken. They fire at different speeds, so they should eventually synch up...

Wondering if I should maybe have the offset logos as a separate pack...

Don't worry bout spoilers, I'll tag them in the main post.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Well I tried the Adventures mod... without using the Arwing (I was flying the Etwhal, because why not give the instrument more doom-bringing?)

For some reason I could send people into the Cloaking room but they couldn't fix it. This couldn't have come at a worse moment when the Rebel Flagship proceeded to completely own me before I could get my lasers on it. And then I was unable to fire any lasers due to being constantly pummelled in the weapons room.

So yeah, I don't know if the Etwhal caused it or if the Arwing mod somehow makes Cloaking unable to be repaired, because that's a rather odd thing to happen. So I blame your mod :P
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Well I don't blame you for blaming me, my shit do be cray, yo.

Gotta say, though, I'm fairly sure the adventures dosn't change anything cloaking based (in fact, cloaking is one of the few systems crew can actually fix on the Arwing), plus I don't know how much extra firepower you'll get, seen as it mostly calls weapons from the Arwing and stops your artillery being upgraded, but hey-ho.

It's not really designed to be used with other ships...
ImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 pm

I must say, your presentation skills on your first post is quite astounding. This is one of the 3 FTL mod pages that I enjoy just staring at it's first post. (I am one of those guys who loves looking in manuals and description manuals from games between 1995-2005... don't judge me)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

I ' m sorry the repairs work fine and the weapons aren't in the cargo. I thought that checking first the ship in slipstream and second the adventures would set the order that it loads . I did not know I have to place them separate in the mod folder and open slipstream two times . Well I wasn't disappointed by any of these bugs I caused !