[Ship][AE][CE] Battlestar Pegasus and Fighter Wings

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dizzy_xc

[Ship][AE][CE] Battlestar Pegasus and Fighter Wings

Postby dizzy_xc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:08 am

I'm proud to share this .ftl mod of the BattleStar Pegasus and her full compliment of fighter wings. AE and CE ready.

***DOWNLOAD LINK Pegasus V5*** Mediafire

Weapons:
Two new weapons, the Battlestar Main Battery, a six shot chargegun with brand new weapon animation and the Damage Control/Medical Team, which is a three in one system repairing hull damage, system damage and restoring crew health. If only it could put out fires and seal hull breaches...
ImageImage
This is a two weapon slot ship, so Autofire toggle button is missing from the UI. To get Autofire to work, simply press CTRL+CLICK on an enemy system, or your own system for that matter and you will Autofire.

Fighters:
ImageImageImageImage
The Viper wings are zero power defense/anti-drone fighters so you should always be able to launch and recover them. Pegasus has two missile Raptor wings at 2 power and an Assault Raptor wing at 3 power. Assault Raptors are armed with missile pods like the other two Raptors, but uses dual launchers with Incendiary ammo which causes more system, crew and fire damage.

Augments:
Fighter Landing Bays: Non-destroyed fighters are recovered when jumping so you may reuse your fighters again and again and again. This has all happened before...

Ship features:
40 hull points to represent her extra armor. Uses a matching UI shield graphic.
4 person Medbay
4 person Teleporter to represent Raptor marine boarding actions.
6 Crew: Human, Engi, Zoltan, Rock, Crystal, Mantis.
10 Power, Shields 1, Engine 2, Teleporter 1, Drones 4, Weapons 4, Medbay 1, Oxy 1, Pilot 1, Sensors 1, Doors 1.

Lore:
Undergoing refit at the Scorpion Shipyards of the Galactic Federation, at the time of the surprise Rebel attack, her data core is the last to contain the secret Rebel plans before the rest of the fleet was destroyed. She is down on power and systems and will need to be upgraded on her journey to rendezvous with the Federation Base while on the run from Rebel forces.

Notes:
- Compatible with Expanded Enemy Window 1.2
- V5 is likely the FINAL version. Baring any sound files I might add in the future or small balance tweaks, Pegasus is ready to frak your world.

---Known Issues---
- Upgrading to a Clonebay moves the cryotank graphic outside the room into a corridor. Reason unknown.

Credits, in no particular order: For all those that answered my questions, and for the resources, guides and tools posted on this forum, I give my thanks.
MrRazerWolf, Rad-82, kartoFlane, Sleeper Service, KuroSaru, Vhati, Metzelmax, TaxiService, Gencool, Chrono Vortex, Stylesrj, wadusher0, stargateprovider, Kierany9
Last edited by dizzy_xc on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:22 am, edited 10 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [Ship][CE][WIP] Battlestar Pegasus and Fighter Wings

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Sounds like an interesting ship to try out except for one little problem:

Concerning the weapons, I'm using CE Endless Loot weapons and have not added them to this mod. I need to ask permission first, and so this ship wont have guns unless that mod is installed and you'd have to rely on your fighters untill you can buy weapons. Im using the Gatling Burst laser II which fires 5 shots every 24 seconds. I think its a good fit as it simulates the Pegasus' salvo fire capabilities which after a few concentrated bursts are reportedly able to decimate entire capital ships. Two are installed on Pegasus, but only one is active due to weapon power limitations. I'm a fan of abstract thinking and you can just say that the Pegasus was undergoing refit at the time of the Rebel incursion and is either out of ammo, supplies, parts, what have you until more weapon power is added to bring the rest of her guns online.

Endless Loot doesn't work on 99% of computers without third party software. So you should make your own custom Burst Laser (if you don't want to wait/ask for permission from Sleeper Service).

As for everything else, let's see...

Overall, if I could slow down the rate at which the fighters shoot missiles, I'd be happier with this mod. Its not much fun until you get to sector 4 and things get a bit more challenging. I find sector 6 and onward very fun with this ship and despite its uber appearance I have still not beeb able to destroy the rebel flagship on the third try. Close, but not yet.

Slow down the speed of the drone, you slow down the rate of fire.

Im hoping for some feedback on removing the placement station in medbay to achieve a 4 person medbay instead of 3. How does the html look like when you do that? Also when changing to a clonebay, the room graphic isnt what I desire and have specified in the data file. So I need help with that.

You should try Superluminal to build your rooms if you haven't already. If you are, go to the tool that places rooms, select Stations Placement (shape of a head), then Removal. Then select the Medbay. Purple square gone, 4-person medbay online. You could do the same for Clone Bays but then the cloning tank will be in an awkward position.
Clone Bays only use one image and that's the cloning tank. They don't use anything else you provide.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:42 pm

stylesrj wrote:Endless Loot doesn't work on 99% of computers without third party software. So you should make your own custom Burst Laser (if you don't want to wait/ask for permission from Sleeper Service).
Where did you get that number? Considering the download numbers and the amount of people that reporting problems it seems to work fine for the majority of users. However you guys can use whatever variants you want, even if you want to outsource is from main EL. Having EL required for this mod because of a single item seems like overkill to me.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Where did you get that number? Considering the download numbers and the amount of people that reporting problems it seems to work fine for the majority of users.

I made it up, because Extended Loot doesn't work for me and whenever someone does have a problem, it's seems to be mostly Extended Loot that's causing it? :P
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 am

Sleeper Service, may I have your permission to use a weapon or two from EL? I'm just horrible at making weapons and dont think Ill ever get around to doing it. Also, besides adding in mount #4 which is the 5th mount in Superluminal that hardpoints the artillery, what else do I need to do to make this ship CE compatible? Thanks, and I just want to say that I love CE and appreciate your continued support of it. Ill be posting in your thread how the augment beacon repair does NOT use scrap when it says it should. Easy to duplicate.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:07 am

dizzy_xc wrote:Sleeper Service, may I have your permission to use a weapon or two from EL? I'm just horrible at making weapons and dont think Ill ever get around to doing it. Also, besides adding in mount #4 which is the 5th mount in Superluminal that hardpoints the artillery, what else do I need to do to make this ship CE compatible? Thanks, and I just want to say that I love CE and appreciate your continued support of it. Ill be posting in your thread how the augment beacon repair does NOT use scrap when it says it should. Easy to duplicate.

Judging by what the gun looks like, you want a Burst Laser III that takes longer to fire and looks like a Burst Laser II.
So try this:

Code: Select all

<weaponBlueprint name="LASER_BATTLESTAR">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <title>Battlestar Burst Laser</title>
   <short>BS BL</short>
   <tip>tip_laser</tip>
   <desc>A Burst Laser used by the Battlestar Pegasus based on the Burst Laser Mk.III</desc>
   <tooltip>Fires 5 lasers, 1 damage each. Long cooldown</tooltip>
   <damage>1</damage>
   <shots>5</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>1</fireChance>
   <breachChance>0</breachChance>
   <cooldown>25</cooldown>
   <power>2</power>
   <cost>100</cost>
   <bp>7</bp>
   <rarity>4</rarity>
   <image>laser_light2</image>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>lightLaser1</sound>
      <sound>lightLaser2</sound>
      <sound>lightLaser3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hitHull2</sound>
      <sound>hitHull3</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>hitShield1</sound>
      <sound>hitShield2</sound>
      <sound>hitShield3</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>laser_burst_3</weaponArt>
   <iconImage>laser</iconImage>
</weaponBlueprint>

I can't test it myself as I don't have FTL on hand. But is that what you're looking for?
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:05 am

Ohhh yeah, stylesjr. That looks nice. Thank you! I just uploaded V2 of the Pegasus. Looking forward to adding this gun. Since it seems youre borrowing animations from AE, I wont need to add any to the file, just include this in the .append?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:02 am

dizzy_xc wrote:Ohhh yeah, stylesjr. That looks nice. Thank you! I just uploaded V2 of the Pegasus. Looking forward to adding this gun. Since it seems youre borrowing animations from AE, I wont need to add any to the file, just include this in the .append?

It should use the animations from the vanilla Burst Laser II. All you need to do is add the code to the blueprints.xml.append. Nothing else fancy is needed.
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:48 am

stylesrj wrote:
dizzy_xc wrote:Ohhh yeah, stylesjr. That looks nice. Thank you! I just uploaded V2 of the Pegasus. Looking forward to adding this gun. Since it seems youre borrowing animations from AE, I wont need to add any to the file, just include this in the .append?

It should use the animations from the vanilla Burst Laser II. All you need to do is add the code to the blueprints.xml.append. Nothing else fancy is needed.

Ok, I tested the weapon and its great. Thank you, stylesrj. I changed it around a tad.

Looks like I might need to have two different downloads. Im using the Hull Repair Kit from CE and so it just isnt there when playing AE, so Ill either need to add it to my mod, if its possible and ask for permission or change it to a repair arm and offer this mod as a CE or an AE version. I dont think the hull repair kit is gonna work if I just add the augment as I think its a scripted empty beacon thing that would require more than just adding an augment.

Second issue I have is the Raptor Assault craft uses a swarm missile from CE. So again, I'll either have to change it around and add it to my mod or offer two downloads. Im dabbling with the raptor assaults weapon right now.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 am

The Hull Repair Kit uses events from CE in order to work properly. If you wanted it to work in regular FTL, you need to add all those events in.

And by Regular FTL I mean FTL with AE because no one should be playing FTL without the Advanced Edition enabled.