[SHIPS][AE]Yizzzy's Ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
PLIOU

Re: [SHIPS][AE]Yizzzy's Ships

Postby PLIOU » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:10 pm

I don't use gimp but I should have used it because it's freeware . I use a famous "photo" editing software that I don't want to advertise here . Also I'm an amateur with these things and I cannot understand what you mean by blended shading . If you tell me exactly what shadow you mean I will surely remember how it was done . All of the ships I made are incomplete , something like an exercise . I have no specific formula or a planned method . All I can say for sure is that a pen and paper is the best start you can make ! The colors and shading is the hardest part .
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Ah okay. I meant like how the shadow and the color kind of mix together like on the honey bee where the yellow and black shadow mix, instead of it being 2 separate colors. But I guess if you don't use Gimp, then even if you explain it, it wouldn't matter much. Thanks though lol. I'm also not an expert and this is my first time doing anything in an image editor program. :lol:
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 pm

That was made with the burn / dodge tool . Gimp has that also. I used a very very large circle brush . I did not cover the whole ship with the brush . less than half of the brush was affecting the image . That's why it looks like it fades somehow. Burn darkens , dodge shines things . It can give some nice effect if used properly . I can't say I master this skill though .